#77 Down&Out

Down&Out

The King Of Retro Cool

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:08 PM

how much where they!?

Well... I got them for free :proud: :D I used to work for Porsche and I collected them from a 911 to be crashed. I have them now for nearly 15 years, intend to fit them into my next project, re-upholstered then.

how is rear access??

Rear access is okay, not perfect, but okay. You have to move the seat forward as much as possible, then tilt the back. Leg room on the back seats of course depends on how far to move them backwards.

how did you fit them?

#78 The Pogg

The Pogg

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:59 AM

Honda prelude steats fit, From the 4Th gen, loads of forward tilt to get in the back and you can get the setas in either leather or Fabric!

EDIT

Also Winged MK3 Fiesta seats from the Si fit, possibly the most comfortable factory seats ever!

Edited by The Pogg, 25 June 2008 - 11:59 AM.

#79 MichaelH

MichaelH

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:27 PM

how did you fit them?

A selfmade console:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Bolts directly to the floor, rear access is only by shifting and tilting the seat.

#80 Down&Out

Down&Out

The King Of Retro Cool

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:32 PM

;) blimey that looks complicated lol. i think ill fit cobra roadster 7's they look slightly similar.

#81 kct7

kct7

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:31 PM

Does anyone know if the NEW mini seats will fit ???

#82 CanadianMiniFan

CanadianMiniFan

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:13 AM

yeah, lots of people have done that. ^^^

Corbeau GTB's fit as well...

#83 Mattai

Mattai

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:07 AM

Hi, i was wondering how much leg room you get with cobra bucket seats fitted? this is kind of an issue for me as i am 6ft 2" and only just squeeze in with seat bracket extenders

#84 Cacharro

Cacharro

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:51 AM

That's my seats before and after my "restoration",

That bucket (I don't know the correct name in English) is a Sparco Monte-carlo, with FIA homologation. They don't pass the inspection, so I must change them for the original one, and put the sparco another time before the inspection until the next year.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now, the steering wheel is a new one and the door pannel is done in CF.

#85 JackM

JackM

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Local Club: Cyprus Mini Club

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:46 PM

im thinking of a set of corbeau carrera.. how tight is it? will i have leg space? also people on back seats will have space? anyone knows please tell me

#86 Mad Modder

Mad Modder

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:52 PM

Very intrested in this i wonder if my spare set of 300zx seats would fit bare in mind there all electric so would have to use originall runners that are on the seat any help and ideas wouldbe great

#87 miniaudio

miniaudio

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:53 AM

i have a line on some Porsche 914 seats, any idea if they will fit?? what are the key measurements to take?

#88 Geehawk

Geehawk

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:21 AM

I am hoping these puppies fit ok, arrived to day courtesey of a rich bloke refurbing his AC Cobra.

Cobra Roadster 7s Signature range in cream leather with black alcantara centres.

There was an Austrailian geezer with them fitted in an red MK1 cooper in a recent issue of Miniworld and they seemed to fit rather nicely.

They have fixed backs and are a bit taller than classics with headrests though, so God knows what rear access will be like with a tilting subframe. Probably non existent.

:shifty: blimey that looks complicated lol. i think ill fit cobra roadster 7's they look slightly similar.

Having looked into lots of seat as replacements for mine I came across a number of mentions that Cobra themselves stated that the Roadster 7 seats were designed to be fitted up against a bulkhead to provide support for the back. That was enough for me to rule them out for a Mini.

Edited by Geehawk, 01 August 2008 - 07:24 AM.

#89 kiwi1275GT

kiwi1275GT

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:16 AM

Hey, Just bought some black leather MGF seats for a massive $10NZ, don't know if they are going to fit yet as I have not picked em up, does anyone know? I don't think they come forward for the rear access so I'm hoping they go far enough with the recliner to get in the back. Otherwise I might have to make the whole thing lift forward like original mini seats (does anyone know if this is doable as well).

MGF SEATS

Also I have been told that to pass an MOT or to be legal they have to attatch to the original mini seat brackets, I notice most people on here have not done that. Does anyone know if that is the case, or is it just an NZ thing?

#90 kiwi1275GT

kiwi1275GT

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:04 AM

Also does anyone know if there is some kind of fabric dye out there that can dye the fabric in the middle to plain black without it staining your clothes when you sit down. I'm thinking maybe even take off the headrests so they look a little more original but we'll see on monday when i get em.Attached File  75735842_full.jpg   29.11K   41 downloads

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)