48 replies to this topic

#16 sin

sin

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:37 PM

following on from our very well attended test day at curborough im looking to do a bigger event at cadwell park in february this will be a proper track day with unlimited access to the circuit all day
every z cars owner is welcome but there will be a cost involved this time
it will be £110 for the full day
i need to take bookings for this early and we will need the money up front (this is so i can guarantee to cover cost of track hire etc)
if you are interested then it will be a good time to get some shake down laps in with your racer or just blast round in your road car
if i know numbers before hand i will make sure there are more z cars staff on hand and we can help with setups etc
cris

Chris this something I am very interested in, I would be in my every day motor as I havent yet committed to getting a Zcar mini yet, but this may be the push i need, seeing these in action, and maybe (hpoefully), if members are accomodating a few passenger laps in one too.

Will confirm asap.

May a bring a friend, will the £110 be per car?

#17 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:14 PM

following on from our very well attended test day at curborough im looking to do a bigger event at cadwell park in february this will be a proper track day with unlimited access to the circuit all day
every z cars owner is welcome but there will be a cost involved this time
it will be £110 for the full day
i need to take bookings for this early and we will need the money up front (this is so i can guarantee to cover cost of track hire etc)
if you are interested then it will be a good time to get some shake down laps in with your racer or just blast round in your road car
if i know numbers before hand i will make sure there are more z cars staff on hand and we can help with setups etc
cris

Chris this something I am very interested in, I would be in my every day motor as I havent yet committed to getting a Zcar mini yet, but this may be the push i need, seeing these in action, and maybe (hpoefully), if members are accomodating a few passenger laps in one too.

Will confirm asap.

May a bring a friend, will the £110 be per car?

its £110 per car yes
chris

#18 Mr R1

Mr R1

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:13 PM

Chris, do you know if there will be a charge for spectators?

Matt

#19 crossed thread

crossed thread

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 07:55 PM

All spectators welcome and free of charge :withstupid: .

Every driver booking the day will be able to sign on a passenger/second driver and only people who have signed on will be able to go out on track. All the usual trackday rules for those that have done one before.

#20 Pandora

Pandora

Cadwell Event organiser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Local Club: TMF Lincoln

Posted 29 November 2007 - 05:44 PM

Just a quick question. How did you get it cheaper for the hole day Nick rice at motorsportvision has told me for our day there its going to be £139 thats all minis all day and 2 march!

#21 crossed thread

crossed thread

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:34 PM

I think Chris was keen to get the ZCar racers off to a good start and managed to negotiate a good deal with a trackday company which he has passed directly on to the entrants on here.

I also think that the prices might go up in March for circuits. You could always sneak in a practice with us the week before!

#22 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:56 PM

You could also go there a week earlier for £89

seeHERE

#23 hotdog

hotdog

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Local Club: stringfellows !

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:30 PM

You could also go there a week earlier for £89

seeHERE

Yes but you would have to take a day of work to do that track day,if you only earn £20 a day then this would be a bargain lolAttached File  MINI_47_OULTON_PARK_FINISHED_3RD.jpg   13.98K   43 downloads

Are you boys ready to race >_< its very quiet on here.

#24 crossed thread

crossed thread

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:23 PM

Payment and details to Z Cars by the end of January for those wanting to do the trackday

I've spoken to Z Cars >_< and it's now a final call for drivers name and address and car type to be sent to them together with payment for drivers wanting to do the day. A passenger or second driver for each vehicle can be signed on the day (free).

After the end of the month places if any places are still be available they will have to be booked directly from the trackday organisers and will cost more.

Can't say too much but a 'top name' driver has been signed up for the championship and should be testing on the day >_<

#25 crossed thread

crossed thread

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:06 PM

It is still possible to book the track day here: Linky but it will have to be with Javelin Trackdays whose event it is.

Any further bookings will have to be made directly with Javelin before it's sold out.

All the rules and regulations and FAQ are on their website to check out.

As you can see on the website there is quite a mixed bag already booked but I reckon the Z Cars should be the fastest things out there :proud:

#26 Jupitus

Jupitus

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • Local Club: Breathemini

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:13 PM

Watch out for the goose neck guys!!! :ph34r:

#27 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:07 PM

Just noticed the zcars booking has dropped from 20 to 10 cars??? any reason?

#28 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:54 AM

only 10 wanted to pay for it so thats what we booked
pity really as it should be a good day and at that money a snip
the new btcc driver will be testing plus our old faithful red racer with crossed thread at the wheel my new spec fibreglass shelled racers still being built
chris

#29 MiniMrMan

MiniMrMan

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Local Club: HEY Mini Owners Club

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:05 PM

Could it be that people think Cadwell with all its limited runoff is to technical circuit for them to find out how their brand new mini handles on the limit??
Just an thought, but maybe more people would be more interested in doin their first track day at Elvington where there is has loads of runoff?
Probably me being totaly wrong, and its just that lots of people have not sorted their cars out yet.

What are the db restrictions? What is the average db of a zcars mini?

#30 mighty mini jack

mighty mini jack

Mighty Before a Pint

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:26 PM

Is it still on then, We'll come down and watch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users