• 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:13 AM

some piccys from the event

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
(the 205 is infact my friends one BAM on here and minikev his co-driver)
Posted Image
Posted Image

just to show the mess up with my name from the window name place :D
Posted Image
and just because i want to...lovely tyres still cant believe how fast they wore tho!!!
Posted Image
from not even completing 2 stages correctly/fully

#62 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:26 AM

and today, had a little look as to why oil pressure was dropping, verdict is that its not the oil pressure release valve, took the spring and ball out, no markings etc, shon a torch to the seat and no visable marks.

put that back in just incase crud had just been sat which i had just cleaned out.
symptoms:
starts fine, raises pressure to 60-70psi (as it always used to be just fine 'n' dandy)
as oil warms up, becomes thinner pressure drops. Now usualy if i were to blip accelerator pedal pressure would raise to the point till pressure is released and oil returns to the sump...except its not....its just staying at exactly the same PSI as at idle...it fluctuates a little maybe 5psi but that goes up and down unstablie.
hope its the pump rather than anything else i.e bearings on the crank

also when the engines cold it smokes blue from the exhaust, when engines warming it lessens (couldnt run the car long enough to tell if it desapears fully with a normal temp' engine)

soooo...if it is determined that pumps gone i can take the bell housing, fly and clutch and fly housing off while keeping the engine in the car and change the pump :D i hope...if that still doesnt work im stuck

#63 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:33 AM

hmm a few months and still not removed the engine....shows how my enthusiasm dropped quite a bit...date set! going to try get this done for avon park's mini event in july

so far iv done a shocking amount of work :(
i have, undone the ultimate engine steady, taken off thermostat and rad' holding backet, came into trouble when i didnt have some tools :P i require my friends help

not got an engine crain so ill take the cyl head off to lighten it and wrap some rope around it....unless anyone local has one? im offering drinks for help :D

i want to drive it! :D

#64 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:03 PM

lemme no if you want a hand mate, sure with a metal bar and a rope we can wack it out

#65 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:07 PM

tis what i was thinking lol its only an engine after all! and a mini one at that

hmm might want to hand soon, not sure when, im not quuite sure what tools i need but there simple things, i think 1 problem i had i only have one 19mm spanner lol so couldnt undo 2 nuts locked together...aswell as the day i was doing it i really couldnt be arsed

*wanders off to have a look at it again*

#66 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:29 PM

lol, well, no problem, lemme no on msn, ill hav another 19mm spanner im sure =p

#67 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:44 PM

well...went outside to look at somthing ended up undoing a few things
Posted Image
then a few more
Posted Image
lol, didnt actualy intend to remove it when i went outside to look at somthing, just got carried away
obviously had no engine hoist so chopped off the front slam pannel(it was pretty buggered anyway) do im going to get some box section and have a nice removable one...not like its load point anyway
anyway, jacked up the engine so it was same height as vallance and hoisted it onto some spare wheels i had, same height and then bingo...was out by MAN POWER!

#68 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:01 PM

not too far with this really, just few bits n bobs taken off

taking piccys in stages to make sure i put everything back in correct order :yinyang:
so with bell housing off we have the complete clutch and fly assembly
Posted Image
then take of the grey diaphragm revealing the spacers and straps also the fly face
Posted Image
obviously straps n spacers off
Posted Image
nose of the fly wheel Inc. key washer
Posted Image

heads off, had more of a problem with that than i thought i would as 1 of the nuts retaining the rockers is bummed so was just spinning...anyway all apart now, also been washed at work in chemicle clean ready for painting :thumbsup:
also water pump off, oil filter neck and other bits n bobs lol

heres a piccy of the bores, not even 2 thousand miles on them
Posted Image

#69 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:32 PM

oh also to show how soft the yoko A032's are.....

Posted Image

there are, stone dents from sitting on my drive, shavings from there they got hard the compound has softened and hard turning

saying that! if you have the money flipping fantastic tyres!

#70 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:22 PM

Cr*p the flywheel torqued up well!!! snapped clean in 3...not sure where the middle piece is tho!

Posted Image

Edited by mini93, 30 May 2008 - 07:23 PM.

#71 andywaller

andywaller

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Local Club: turbominis.co.uk

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:38 PM

hi ya, i just read through the project!

looks like some serious fun to be had there! :wub:

car looks a good spec too!

looks and sounds like you need to go out and buy a load of decent tools though!! :lol:

#72 Dog

Dog

Deathwish Fairy

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • 9,550 posts
  • Local Club: Shatrats.com

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:50 PM

Use a shell case bearing as a flywheel locking tool, soooo much easier :lol:

#73 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:59 PM

andy- seriously good fun, i was speaking about this last night to a friend i just want to get rallying again now...but to be honest i dont think im upto it in a mini, pushed it too hard for my 1st rally i think need somthing more substansial
and as for tools..i replace the old ones when they break...like that! so yeah ill see tool guy at work also can get discount! I snapped the end off a halfords screw driver, its just been sitting waiting for me to go in...well as i havnt got a big screw driver ill have to go in and speak to my friend there :lol:

and Mr Dog :wub: why would i have a spare bearing with the engine together :wub: however...its out now, i used a hardier tool...a spanner

spanners FTW!!!!

however...some of the thread in the flywheel for the puller...f**ked...so i need to wait till monday where i can pinch a tap and tap handle if there alwady over sized im gona have to pinch a helicoil kit and use that..also see if i can pinch the burner to heat up the tail 1st...if all else fails ill haul the whole lot to work and get oxy-acetylin on the bugger! TAKE THAT!

#74 Dog

Dog

Deathwish Fairy

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • 9,550 posts
  • Local Club: Shatrats.com

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:03 PM

and Mr Dog :lol: why would i have a spare bearing with the engine together :wub: however...its out now, i used a hardier tool...a spanner

Furry Muff.

Just an idea thats all, I have a few lay about from past engine builds. Maybe u should look after one if your spliting it totally... just so u can use it again :wub:

#75 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:05 PM

yeah, was already sujested by Mr wolf, came out with same excuse i didnt have a shell as it wasnt apart lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users