17 replies to this topic

#16 Amy

Amy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 09:39 AM

To be honest, I love eBay and use it all the time, my whole family do! But their customer service is utterly appalling. I've only needed to deal with them on two occasions, but both times I've been totally dismayed at just how useless they are at sorting out very small problems!

I once bought a pair of jeans, brand new and described and listed a size 14. When they arrived they were a size 12. But as I had only paid a few pounds for them, I left Positive feedback which said this: *Thanks for fast shipping, nice jeans, shame they were the wrong size!*

My god, was that the wrong thing to do!!! It opened a barrage of abuse from a total nutcase (the seller) he left me Negative feedback and started emailing me nasty, nasty things almost every day. I forwarded all this to eBay and requested that his feedback was removed, as he was making personal comments and I found it quite upsetting. They wouldn't do it.......

I had 12 standard replies to my requests, all of them word perfect to the last, with a different name at the bottom. I was not impressed. Their rules state that feedback may be removed if it contains personal or abusive material, but they couldn't care less!!!! So it stayed there for a year, I blocked the seller's email address from my account and learned never to comment on feedback like that again!

Sorry for the rant, I just realised how long it was....... >_<

#17 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:01 AM

I'm going to start insisting that, as a buyer, I won't leave feedback until the seller has. As a buyer your side of the agreement is done once you've paid for the item, the is no reason why the seller then can't leave your feedback.

#18 Silicon Skum

Silicon Skum

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 12:41 PM

There is a 90 day limit on leaving feed back - wait until the LAST min possible to post any feed back.....By the time the seller / buyer has read the feedback, he won't be able to comment back.

Handy if you just got ripped off...... >_<

SS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users