Spenner

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Local Club: Blakehill mini's

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:09 PM

Post office all the way.

Have i started a thread whether i should of used the postoffice or online to tax my car? lol :D

#17 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:13 PM

As already said, you could get done for not displaying even though it is technically taxed. It's actually all covered on the DVLA site that you buy the tax off, it recommends allowing enough time for the tax disc to come through the post etc.

#18 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:13 PM

Posted Image

#19 Spenner

Spenner

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:19 PM

As already said, you could get done for not displaying even though it is technically taxed. It's actually all covered on the DVLA site that you buy the tax off, it recommends allowing enough time for the tax disc to come through the post etc.

They reckon that they have a problem at the moment and its going to take up to 10 days to get back to me rather than the 5 days that it normally takes. Alwell i will have to take it on the chin i will have agood argument with them because like you said it is taxed and the only thing they can have me on is not displaying it. Not to worried its parked in a garage all the time just make sure that im near by when its parked up. Im only using it 2morro and then its being pulled apart. :D

#20 Spenner

Spenner

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:20 PM

Posted Image

LOL : :D >_<

#21 minili

minili

Awesome and Flattering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,140 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:35 PM

Sadly is is an offence not to display a valid tax disc. You can hope you'll get away with it, if they do a check when they're following you, you'll be fine, but if they stop you for something and look you might get in trouble

#22 Spenner

Spenner

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:39 PM

Sadly is is an offence not to display a valid tax disc. You can hope you'll get away with it, if they do a check when they're following you, you'll be fine, but if they stop you for something and look you might get in trouble

Thought that might be the case so im going to be good lad 2morro and try not to draw attention to my self pritty hard being in a mini in the first place and also being in your face yellow and the exhaust being loud. hay ho :D

#23 stardude

stardude

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts
  • Local Club: hilltop mini's

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:56 PM

i am glad some of you support the post office.

this is sadly another way that the men in suits can earn money, and try to close post offices.

my parents own 2 post offices and have already suffered due to people doing things online.
even when its actually less convenient, takes soooo much longer and causes more agro.

people are also wondering why so many post office are closing down, its because people take them for granted.
they assume that they get paid set wages, but infact they get paid according to the transactions that have taken place.
so many post offices can no longer afford to stay open due to the business being taken alsewhere,
which causes them to close.

grrr rant over.

support post offices people! :D

adam >_<

#24 Spenner

Spenner

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:08 AM

i am glad some of you support the post office.

this is sadly another way that the men in suits can earn money, and try to close post offices.

my parents own 2 post offices and have already suffered due to people doing things online.
even when its actually less convenient, takes soooo much longer and causes more agro.

people are also wondering why so many post office are closing down, its because people take them for granted.
they assume that they get paid set wages, but infact they get paid according to the transactions that have taken place.
so many post offices can no longer afford to stay open due to the business being taken alsewhere,
which causes them to close.

grrr rant over.

support post offices people! :thumbsup:

adam :dontgetit:

Its the people like the dvla etc that are encouraging people to use the internet such as the goverment again with child benefits/Family allowance we used to have to go with our book to the post office once aweek to cash it in . :-

#25 minili

minili

Awesome and Flattering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,140 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:29 AM

For those of us who have 9-5 jobs and work in the sticks it's not often easy to get to the PO

Which is why I buy my tax discs online now, it is much more convenient for me. And I buy it in advance so it gets to me by the time it is needed :-

#26 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:20 AM

for 9-5 people the post office closes at 6pm and is open on saturday morning :-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users