Okay doke...thanks!

#18 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:19 AM

Right, its been a week today since the guy selling the grille emailed me to say hes sent it....its still not come, how long do you think I should wait before I tell ebay??

I thought you had to wait for 20 days anyway? I'm not sure on that though, I'm not familiar with the inner workings of Ebay and Paypal.

#19 oli8925

oli8925

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:23 AM

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/wood-trim

Do not use this guy, it's been almost a month since i bought the door handle set, sent the payment about 5 mins after the auction finished, and i have sent 4 emails, no reply to any of them, and nothing received in the post.

Avoid at all costs.

if you used paypal report him and get paypal on his back to get your money back. i bought a hi-fi not long ago, never came and i sent several emails then reported him to paypal and got my money back within the week. theyre not as useless as ebay.

also got diddled with my mini, 'excellent condition, just a poo interior'...my arse! its been a nightmare car! gave him neutral feedback only and he gave me lots of negative feedback saying thigs like 'at least now you can look as gay in your new car as you act. get a life kid'. charming! also twice threatened to take me to court over damages to his company due to my comments. i didnt reply to either threats and hes done nothing because he knows he would have no chance. reported him to ebay for threatening and defamatory comments and they did nothing.

these people are the only thing wrong woth ebay...other than their lack of customer support.

#20 M44K TS

M44K TS

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 12:53 AM

i've opened a dispute with paypal and escalated it to a claim, he has until the 24th Jan to respond (not heard anything yet) if he doesn't respond, it automatically comes back in my favour.

I'm hoping he sends them on the 24th and i get the handles and my money back. Would serve him right!

#21 mattyoung69

mattyoung69

TMF Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:43 PM

From a work point of view, ebay and paypal are rubbish at dealing with complaints.

I've spent the last 2 weeks chasing up info that was requested well over 2 months ago - only to be told that they'd emailed it to me at work, how I asked as I never gave them my email address? Oh, we guessed said the ebay fraud investigations office!!

#22 marsy

marsy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:59 PM

hmm i give ebayers at 2 weeks to send ,
as i sell on ebay ,and every week i only get one day off a week, and sometimes forget to post it, but some ebayers have all week to post items, as its their business.
yeh i understand when people pay so quickly they expect the item quickly, but im just saying its not always that easy.

as for paypal, well it worked for me as in i did finally get my items, but all they were used for was i emailed them opened dispute, but all they done was passed the email on to the seller, which worked for me, next time it may not be so lucky, but ebay and paypal can suspend accounts, which would stop others from buying from them

#23 M44K TS

M44K TS

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:15 PM

Oops, didn't realise this was a sticky!

Just an update on the paypal dispute, he didn't even contact paypal during the dispute so it was automatically won in my favour, resulting in me getting a full refund of what i paid and the satisfaction of leaving him some lovely feedback.

#24 camp freddy

camp freddy

Definitely Not Camp Or A Freddy

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,696 posts
  • Local Club: Wreake Mini Wanderers

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:00 PM

Oops, didn't realise this was a sticky!

Just an update on the paypal dispute, he didn't even contact paypal during the dispute so it was automatically won in my favour, resulting in me getting a full refund of what i paid and the satisfaction of leaving him some lovely feedback.

the shop has now closed

#25 Minisniper

Minisniper

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Local Club: Market Drayton Mini Club, Minis On A Mission.

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:39 PM

Hiya
I have just read this post about the ebayer to avoid but I didn't see an ebay user id could someone tell me who it is? I have tried the link to the shop on ebay but it says the shop does not exist but that doesn't mean that the seller doesn't exist.

Minisniper :)

#26 M44K TS

M44K TS

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:51 PM

He's no longer registered on ebay.

#27 wmkccwhite

wmkccwhite

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:42 AM

Hey All.

I would avoid this eBay seller: leopardcatotto
I bought some points from him back in MARCH and still have not gotten them. I have tried several times to contact him regarding this with no reply. I gave him more then enough time to either get them to me or refund my money which he wont do. I have waited so long that im not sure if i can even report him to eBay as being a Ba****d seller. If you buy from him (or Her) i would use extreme caution. You problem wont get what you pay for, Cant see why his seller rating is so high.......

#28 kez_19

kez_19

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:59 AM

sorry to hijack but i bought some wheel arches from someone on ebay and they have arrived and were exactly as described and i sent my feedback as soon as they arrived as usual but i havent had any feedback from the seller i have tried to contact the seller to inform him/her of this but all i get is my own message back again..

my question then is.... is it a must that feedback is left and how long should i wait, do i contact ebay if they dont leave feedback ??????????????

#29 paulrockliffe

paulrockliffe

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:28 AM

Theres no requirement to leave feedback at all. I tend to do mine when I have a spare moment and I've got a hand full of transactions to leave feedback for as its not that important to me. Its actually quite annoying when someone sends constant requests for feedback, I had one guy that would send me several messages a day!

#30 scott brady

scott brady

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:52 AM

I/m glad you have received your refund. Paypal will do this only if the funds are available and a lot of time it is not.
I got burned by a seller with 2000+ feedbacks. DIRTBAG.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users