39 replies to this topic

#16 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:54 AM

Anyone want to confirm whether thats a Monty? In parts it looked like the R1 racer?

#17 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:26 AM

it looks like our old demo road going monte that chris maries drone throughout the 2006 season this is now run through 2007 by graham wynn who is in his first seasons racing with the car
if you want to get all anorak like you can go onto MSTTIMING there you can look up every race and competitor throughout the season
apart from an occasional glitch where there will be a lap where an F1 car would struggle they tell the true picture
for my part ive always let the results speak for themselves the little red Z Car has punched way above its weight all year and will continue to do so, its not to everybodys taste but there are plenty of takers at the autosports show who like the idea and we will continue to build and promote the cars for what they are
chris

#18 MIGLIACARS

MIGLIACARS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:24 PM

I know most you you have seen this video a hundred times but i couldn't let this go by without sharing it with all the z cars owners out there.

Have a look at the last comment left by minimr2 on youtube regarding the monte carlo dvd shoot. Apparently we're all wasting our money building these kits.

:techsupport: link

NO ANDY I DIDNT SAY THAT IM VERY IMPRESSED WITH ALL THE Z CARS IVE SEEN THE BUILD QUAILTY IS TOP NOTCH AND LOOKING AT THEM AT THE NEC ON THURS THEY ARE GETTING BETTER
I SAID ON U TUBE THAT I BEAT A MONTY IN A METRO WI THREE GEARS FROM THEN IT HAS ALL FIRED UP AND NOW CHRIS IS SLAGGING MY GIRLFRIEND. STRANGE
ITS NOW ON HERE AND U TUBE OF ME PASSING ONE AND THEN PULLING AWAY.
I DIDNT SAY U ARE WASTING UR TIME AT ALL.
Z CARS MINIS ARE QUICK CARS AND ARE GREAT FAIRLY CHEAP AND VERY RELIABLE FORM OF CLUB MOTORSPORT.
I WILL LOOK FORWARD TO RACING U ALL THIS SEASON UNFORTUNATLY THE METRO WONT BE OUT IN THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE SO ILL BE IN MY MINI.

#19 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:52 PM

Turn your caps lock off next time please.

#20 MIGLIACARS

MIGLIACARS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:58 PM

Anyone want to confirm whether thats a Monty? In parts it looked like the R1 racer?

CHRIS IM NOT ON HERE SLAGING UR WORK OR CARS.
IM IMPRESSED WITH ALL THAT IVE SEEN. AND YES THEY ARE IN MOTORSPORT TURMS CHEAP QUICK RELIABLE CARS.
THAT IS MY FIRST TIME RACING THE METRO TO AND WI ONLY 3 GEARS AND RECOVERING FROM AN OPP DIDNT I DO WELL. MY COMMENTS ON U TUBE WERE THAT I PAST A MONTY AND THATS what I DID . PAST ONE.
THIS IS A PLACE FOR FRIENDLY BANTER AND I WILL SEE U ALL OUT ON THE TRACK THIS SEASON WITH MY NEW VTEC ENGINED MINI.

what I CARNT UNDERSTAND IS HOW U HAVE MANAGED TO BRING MY GIRFRIEND INTO A DEBATE ON THE CARS U BUILD. VERY VERY STRANGE.

Edited by MIGLIACARS, 15 January 2008 - 06:00 PM.

#21 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:02 PM

Again I repeat the above. It makes it quite hard to read your posts if you continue to use caps lock. Future posts written in capitals may well be deleted.

As you say, this is a place for friendly banter, which is what I'd take the 'girlfriend' comment as. To be honest, saying your girlfriend is perfect isn't exactly the worst insult in the world.

#22 MIGLIACARS

MIGLIACARS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:07 PM

Again I repeat the above. It makes it quite hard to read your posts if you continue to use caps lock. Future posts written in capitals may well be deleted.

As you say, this is a place for friendly banter, which is what I'd take the 'girlfriend' comment as. To be honest, saying your girlfriend is perfect isn't exactly the worst insult in the world.

u make me laugh u didnt belive what i said on youtube and now ive proved it u dodge around the truth now trying to say the man i passed isnt very good what about everyone else i pass are they beginners as well.
do u race are u racing this year

#23 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:11 PM

I like you to point out the post on which I said you didn't pass a Monte!?

I'm not naive enough to think that the Monte Carlo is the quickest thing in the world, but from your original post it did seem like you were just a dreamer trying to put Z Cars down for whatever reason...

Anyway, I look forward to this years racing (which I won't be taking part in, I'm not rich enough).

I'd also like to point out that the vid you posted shows a spacframed (looks like) Metro struggling to get past the Mini for about 3 laps, and then when we see the Metro in front I can't see the Mini anymore? Did it retire or return to the pits?

#24 MIGLIACARS

MIGLIACARS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:44 PM

I'm not naive enough to think that the Monte Carlo is the quickest thing in the world, but from your original post it did seem like you were just a dreamer trying to put Z Cars down for whatever reason...

Anyway, I look forward to this years racing (which I won't be taking part in, I'm not rich enough).

I'd also like to point out that the vid you posted shows a spacframed (looks like) Metro struggling to get past the Mini for about 3 laps, and then when we see the Metro in front I can't see the Mini anymore? Did it retire or return to the pits?

im not sure of that one i saw him in the mirror for a few laps. if u look on the vid the second time i pass him he catches up from the hairpin down the straight on the approach to knicker brook. so i assume not. but u see me pulling away from the vauxhall powered mini which was ahead of the monty.
i had 3 gears dont forget. also i decided for a saftey issue to start from the pits so people didnt pill into the rear of me in the start. so thats y im behind to start with.
the reason i didnt pass him on lap one is because thats the first time i ever drove the car i did 2 slow laps in quailifing and 1 quick one before i lost 2nd and pulled off.but after draining the oil from the car i found no broken teeth and decided to race.
i hope this now makes it clear im no dreamer <of which there are plent on utube> trying to put zcars mini down. ill be there on first race.
ill also be going to ur test day at cadwell to sum up the opposition.

#25 MIGLIACARS

MIGLIACARS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:55 PM

i can assure u the metro is all steel as it runs in the modified saloon class class f. its no way space framed still has steel wings

#26 tommycrf450

tommycrf450

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:44 PM

I'm racing this year in my busa z car. I look forward to racing you and everyone else too. I think that this post has got blown all out of proportion. Banter is good. Anyway the results next year will speak for themselves. The metro looks quick. But its a bloody metro! only joking. I love my z car!!

#27 MIGLIACARS

MIGLIACARS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:52 PM

I'm racing this year in my busa z car. I look forward to racing you and everyone else too. I think that this post has got blown all out of proportion. Banter is good. Anyway the results next year will speak for themselves. The metro looks quick. But its a bloody metro! only joking. I love my z car!!

cheer tommy i think ur right i carnt wait to race against all the minis this year. its what ive been wanting for some time now as extreme mm s never really took off.
i wont be in the metro though. a series are just to exspensive to keep going. the metro will be resting now .
ill be in my vtec mini.
see u there.

#28 tommycrf450

tommycrf450

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:01 PM

I have got a lot of work to do still. And its my first time racing. I can't wait. See you there.

#29 HILTY

HILTY

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:46 PM

IM IMPRESSED WITH ALL THAT IVE SEEN. AND YES THEY ARE IN MOTORSPORT TURMS CHEAP QUICK RELIABLE CARS.
THAT IS MY FIRST TIME RACING THE METRO TO AND WI ONLY 3 GEARS AND RECOVERING FROM AN OPP DIDNT I DO WELL. MY COMMENTS ON U TUBE WERE THAT I PAST A MONTY AND THATS what I DID . PAST ONE.
THIS IS A PLACE FOR FRIENDLY BANTER AND I WILL SEE U ALL OUT ON THE TRACK THIS SEASON WITH MY NEW VTEC ENGINED MINI.

what I CARNT UNDERSTAND IS HOW U HAVE MANAGED TO BRING MY GIRFRIEND INTO A DEBATE ON THE CARS U BUILD. VERY VERY STRANGE.

Oh come on Mr Miglia.

You come on to the Z Cars section of our forum, shouting (CAPITALS) in a grammatically unsound way about Terms (TURMS) of cheap quick reliable cars.

Yes they are undoubtably quick and extremely reliable, mine has been thrashed on a regular basis against all sorts of Porsche's, Ferrari's and big bikes. Its been serviced once in three years and still starts first time and guess what Mr Miglia I've still got the use of all my gears !!

Now fair's fair, the guy you passed may not be the fastest and yes that may be an excuse, but on your first filmed lap where you pass him on the outside your still behind him on the second lap, so you obviously didnt make the move stick ! nor did you manage it by the third. Even with (WI) your three gears.

Quick question. What happened to the gear box? did you knacker it the first time you went out qualifying? was that good old rover reliability? or your driving techniques as a novice? or was it an excuse????

Now..Lastly let me help you with what (what) you seem to be struggling with....your girlfriend. She was brought into the friendly banter because it was so easy to do so. She was described as gorgeous and your world as being perfect. Why do you have an issue with this? Is she not the woman of your dreams?

Any way, back to your Metro with the broken gearbox. Could you not get it fixed in time for the first race of the season?
I'm sure there are a great many people looking foward to the race with you.

Stop trying to take on the world, there's ALWAYS somebody faster !!

All the very best

Hilty

#30 MIGLIACARS

MIGLIACARS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:39 PM

Oh come on Mr Miglia.

You come on to the Z Cars section of our forum, shouting (CAPITALS) in a grammatically unsound way about Terms (TURMS) of cheap quick reliable cars.

Yes they are undoubtably quick and extremely reliable, mine has been thrashed on a regular basis against all sorts of Porsche's, Ferrari's and big bikes. Its been serviced once in three years and still starts first time and guess what Mr Miglia I've still got the use of all my gears !!

Now fair's fair, the guy you passed may not be the fastest and yes that may be an excuse, but on your first filmed lap where you pass him on the outside your still behind him on the second lap, so you obviously didnt make the move stick ! nor did you manage it by the third. Even with (WI) your three gears.

Quick question. What happened to the gear box? did you knacker it the first time you went out qualifying? was that good old rover reliability? or your driving techniques as a novice? or was it an excuse????

Now..Lastly let me help you with what (what) you seem to be struggling with....your girlfriend. She was brought into the friendly banter because it was so easy to do so. She was described as gorgeous and your world as being perfect. Why do you have an issue with this? Is she not the woman of your dreams?

Any way, back to your Metro with the broken gearbox. Could you not get it fixed in time for the first race of the season?
I'm sure there are a great many people looking foward to the race with you.

Stop trying to take on the world, there's ALWAYS somebody faster !!

All the very best

Hilty

as i said the metro will not be used this season although it is now fixed.
me and my girlfriend will see you there with my vtec mini hope u are racing to.
and the cheap comment was not ment to be and insult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users