39 replies to this topic

#31 Andy gsxr minus

Andy gsxr minus

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:34 PM

I know most you you have seen this video a hundred times but i couldn't let this go by without sharing it with all the z cars owners out there.

Have a look at the last comment left by minimr2 on youtube regarding the monte carlo dvd shoot. Apparently we're all wasting our money building these kits.

:D link

NO ANDY I DIDNT SAY THAT IM VERY IMPRESSED WITH ALL THE Z CARS IVE SEEN THE BUILD QUAILTY IS TOP NOTCH AND LOOKING AT THEM AT THE NEC ON THURS THEY ARE GETTING BETTER
I SAID ON U TUBE THAT I BEAT A MONTY IN A METRO WI THREE GEARS FROM THEN IT HAS ALL FIRED UP AND NOW CHRIS IS SLAGGING MY GIRLFRIEND. STRANGE
ITS NOW ON HERE AND U TUBE OF ME PASSING ONE AND THEN PULLING AWAY.
I DIDNT SAY U ARE WASTING UR TIME AT ALL.
Z CARS MINIS ARE QUICK CARS AND ARE GREAT FAIRLY CHEAP AND VERY RELIABLE FORM OF CLUB MOTORSPORT.
I WILL LOOK FORWARD TO RACING U ALL THIS SEASON UNFORTUNATLY THE METRO WONT BE OUT IN THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE SO ILL BE IN MY MINI.

Ok so you didn't say that in so many words, what you said was if your thinking of one then not to bother! And that an a series
still wipes the floor with them...
Your right this forum is for friendly banter, but if your gonna comment on these kits in such a manner expect to step on a few peoples toes!
Yes your metro might not be as slow as everyone thought, granted. But I still think it is no match for a monte in the hands of an experienced race driver.

Unfortunately mine will not be a race car so will have to let the other z car owners battle it out next season.

#32 HILTY

HILTY

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:48 PM

I know most you you have seen this video a hundred times but i couldn't let this go by without sharing it with all the z cars owners out there.

Have a look at the last comment left by minimr2 on youtube regarding the monte carlo dvd shoot. Apparently we're all wasting our money building these kits.

NO ANDY I DIDNT SAY THAT IM VERY IMPRESSED WITH ALL THE Z CARS IVE SEEN THE BUILD QUAILTY IS TOP NOTCH AND LOOKING AT THEM AT THE NEC ON THURS THEY ARE GETTING BETTER
I SAID ON U TUBE THAT I BEAT A MONTY IN A METRO WI THREE GEARS FROM THEN IT HAS ALL FIRED UP AND NOW CHRIS IS SLAGGING MY GIRLFRIEND. STRANGE
Z CARS MINIS ARE QUICK CARS AND ARE GREAT FAIRLY CHEAP AND VERY RELIABLE FORM OF CLUB MOTORSPORT.
I WILL LOOK FORWARD TO RACING U ALL THIS SEASON UNFORTUNATLY THE METRO WONT BE OUT IN THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE SO ILL BE IN MY MINI.

Ok so you didn't say that in so many words, what you said was if your thinking of one then not to bother! And that an a series
Your right this forum is for friendly banter, but if your gonna comment on these kits in such a manner expect to step on a few peoples toes!
Yes your metro might not be as slow as everyone thought, granted. But I still think it is no match for a monte in the hands of an experienced race driver.

Unfortunately mine will not be a race car so will have to let the other z car owners battle it out next season.

It should make for an interesting start to the season.

When is the first race? I wouldnt want to miss it for the world.

Hilty

#33 MIGLIACARS

MIGLIACARS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:05 PM

It should make for an interesting start to the season.

When is the first race? I wouldnt want to miss it for the world.

Hilty

#34 MIGLIACARS

MIGLIACARS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:10 PM

maybe a bit abitious to say a a series will wipe the floor wi them
not sure when the first race is dont think the dates are out yet. the test dy on the 24th should be good though.
and a monty wi a good driver would/is a quicker unit.

#35 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:47 PM

the first race is 29th march a saturday its a double header event so 10 mins practice and 2 x 20 miniute races should be a good test of whats to come
we have just sold a car to a guy who has raced the last 2 yrs in british touring cars has done grass track, rally cross, euro cars, pickups etc so he should be quick
there must be something in it or else he wouldnt be interested
of you are going to cadwell then you need to book it now as places are disappearing fast its £110, just call me and i will sort it out on your credit card
everyones welcome with anything road cars race cars z cars etc etc or just come and watch
chris

#36 fastcarl

fastcarl

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:03 PM

I like you to point out the post on which I said you didn't pass a Monte!?

I'm not naive enough to think that the Monte Carlo is the quickest thing in the world, but from your original post it did seem like you were just a dreamer trying to put Z Cars down for whatever reason...

Anyway, I look forward to this years racing (which I won't be taking part in, I'm not rich enough).

I'd also like to point out that the vid you posted shows a spacframed (looks like) Metro struggling to get past the Mini for about 3 laps, and then when we see the Metro in front I can't see the Mini anymore? Did it retire or return to the pits?

i can assure u the metro is all steel as it runs in the modified saloon class class f. its no way space framed still has steel wings

i can confirm the metro in question is indeed a steel shelled. i know the bloke who built it long ago for circuit racing, and competed against it on the hills when owned and run by two different people, the latter spending a few quid on it before moving into a single seater class. always fancied it myself but at the time didn''t have the readies.
a very well sorted metro and a fair amount of competiton heritage,

but it didn't set as many class records as the owner may beleive, due to not being run at many different hills in its life.

carl

#37 ncd3

ncd3

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:34 PM

Oh my god what a twot.............i mean really........the difference in weight alone between a metro and a Z car should be enough to tell anyone with any common sense that there is no way a Metro is faster lol

#38 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:01 PM

Oh my god what a twot.............i mean really........the difference in weight alone between a metro and a Z car should be enough to tell anyone with any common sense that there is no way a Metro is faster lol

A normal Metro maybe so, but a race prepped spaceframed jobbie.... I'm not sure. I've seen Bill Richards spaceframed Metro and I believe its lighter than his Mini racer.

#39 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • Local Club: South Central

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:17 PM

TDK do metro spaceframes too.... RAPID!!

#40 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:18 PM

My girlfriend has a white 1100cc metro can I enter that? Who do I see about entering it?

Edited by brandon7, 07 April 2008 - 10:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users