PC Hands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,039 posts
  • Local Club: Brighton

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:31 PM

Mmmmmmmmm Just had a sausage & bacon butty LOVELY >_<

Sorry good luck to you all

Id be allowed that...well Id be allowed it without the bread :dontgetit: or on brown bread yum yum

Yea, I agree Nick, slim fast is silly!!

Edited by *Raz*, 07 January 2008 - 02:34 PM.

#33 Holly

Holly

TMF's Blonde

• Members
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:41 PM

Im going to see how it goes!

I agree with nick, And his numbers make sense i wil be going swimming everyday :wacko: SLimfast is just to get me started! Like i said i lost 4lb before xmas but just eating proper and not eating junk but i have no patience :withstupid:

Had a slimfast for breakfast and havent be hungry all day just got in so i haveing salmon thingy for tea. So im off to a good start :)

#34 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:20 PM

my mates wife tried to lose weight with slim fast but she didn't really get the right idea

she would eat a normal meal and have the slim fast as afters

this was with every meal

she put on weight :withstupid:

#35 MissSportyGT

MissSportyGT

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Local Club: West Sussex

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:12 PM

Why are you girls going on a diet? You all look fine to me! :)

:withstupid:

*runs away*

Because were FAT OK?!?! *crys*

:wacko: just joking

xxxx
xxx
xx
x

#36 schneill

schneill

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Local Club: Tyred And Exhausted

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:24 PM

I did atkins, i know it has many stories about it but it worked for me. Lost 3 stone in 3 months, went back to eating sensibly (with carbs) after that and lost another couple of stone. It felt goooooood. Then went to uni and didn't really eat for properly for 3 years and kept it all off. Suppose different diets work for different people/lifestyles. Just about finding the right thing that suits the person and their lifestyle. However since coming home from uni i have put on 2 stone :withstupid: and it is my intention to lose it again. Gym here i come...

Schneill

#37 Mini_Magic

Mini_Magic

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:58 PM

Why are you girls going on a diet? You all look fine to me! :P

:wacko:

*runs away*

Because were FAT OK?!?! *crys*

:dontgetit: just joking

xxxx
xxx
xx
x

Nothing wrong with larger ladies! :) :withstupid:

#38 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:01 PM

but some bits are better larger than others

#39 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:08 PM

I just made myself a nana milkshake

LOVELY and sooo healthy :withstupid:

#40 cap'n crunch

cap'n crunch

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts
  • Local Club: .

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:30 PM

the item to cut down on is the carbs. someone i know who is a complete health freak told me if i want to loose fat its the carbs to cut down on, foods like potato, rice, bread, all sweets and pasta. then replace with veg, fresh grilled fish and fruit instead of deserts. no eating after 6pm and stay active in the evening instead of tv.

yup, thats what my dietitian told me too. More protein and fats for me, and less carbs!

No more pasta :D :dontgetit:

I have no idea on dieting as thankfully i don't do it, but i have never heard of a diet where you should not eat pasta... and to be honest sounds completely mad.

Athletes eat plenty of carbs and pasta!! so why is it so bad for you that you should not eat it?

#41 stickycreambun

stickycreambun

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:48 PM

I think that athletes tend to burn a poo-load more carbs than the average *mini-owner* would! so they are not burnt off, so just go towards producing fat! something like that anyways..

#42 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:03 PM

the item to cut down on is the carbs. someone i know who is a complete health freak told me if i want to loose fat its the carbs to cut down on, foods like potato, rice, bread, all sweets and pasta. then replace with veg, fresh grilled fish and fruit instead of deserts. no eating after 6pm and stay active in the evening instead of tv.

yup, thats what my dietitian told me too. More protein and fats for me, and less carbs!

I have no idea on dieting as thankfully i don't do it, but i have never heard of a diet where you should not eat pasta... and to be honest sounds completely mad.

Athletes eat plenty of carbs and pasta!! so why is it so bad for you that you should not eat it?

Pasta. rice, white bread, all high carbs that Im not allowed much of but thats unlike a lot of diets, its just specific for my 'needs'

#43 miniT

miniT

Puts the 'Bum' Into Bumpstart!

• Members
  • 2,021 posts
  • Local Club: Bumpstart Mini Club

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:28 PM

Good luck Holly, maybe we could encourage each other to keep on the straight and narrow! I want to lose some weight too, i really need to keep to it this year, last year i lost weight and stayed the same for about 6m til crimbo came along :D

I'd much rather play a sport than go to the gym, think i need to dust off my badminton racket, i may even do a spot of jogging. I'm getting married in september so would like to slim down for that really, but generally i could do with losing my wobbly bits!

#44 cap'n crunch

cap'n crunch

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts
  • Local Club: .

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:51 PM

Pasta. rice, white bread, all high carbs that Im not allowed much of but thats unlike a lot of diets, its just specific for my 'needs'

Surely that is verging on that classic low-carb diet by a Mr.Atkins?

#45 Holly

Holly

TMF's Blonde

• Members
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:17 AM

Well im back in Plymouth now!

was really good yesterday well the first milkshake i had made me so ill i didnt want another one! had salmon and new potatoes for tea and 3 quality street toffees ( couldnt resist)

Today i managed some toast at 6am and im having a smoothy shake for lunch ( hope there nicer! )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users