#1141 gdcarpenter

gdcarpenter

On The Road

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 01:09 AM

Yet another take on a center console.

Relocated the existing stereo head to underside of matrix, dropping it far back and down enough to maintain existing vent outlet.
One photo shows left side placed on right to double check fit, and you can see grooves cut for bottom and below stereo panels.
Used some leftover 6mm/1/4" Okume veneer marine ply I had leftover, applied some ebony stain and a couple coats of marine varnish.
Tapped into reverse light circuit to steal ign. sworched power run through 5 amp in line fuse to power double cigarettelighters, one for GPS and one for either light shown or dual USB adapter.
My IPhone 10 fits in there as well.

Attached Files

#1142 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 07:37 AM

Yet another take on a center console.

I can't get on with those sort of consoles as you then can't place you foot to the left of the clutch pedal but at the same time I like what you're trying to do there.

#1143 craig 1010cc

craig 1010cc

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 09:37 PM

Mocked up my latest dash, based on an old rookie one I picked up cheap on eBay (there is water damage to deal with at some point, might try some new veiner)

Attached Files

#1144 tommy boy

tommy boy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Local Club: Winchester Area Mini Owners

Posted 06 January 2021 - 11:33 PM

I know its an old piccy, but anyone know who makes this dash panel. I have one fitted and i am looking for the lower section . Anybody got one . Condition immaterial really because I can repair it.

Best pic I have of mine at the moment. Smudger was selling these, but he's now dropped off the face of the earth. So I'm thinking of going and getting a mould took off this one before I go cutting any more holes in it. :shifty:

CIMG1009Medium.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares