#46 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:26 AM

As for how much its going to cost, billyboy is right but, also, if you go for the allspeed like option like i did it will probably cost a lot more because you have to buy a custom exhaust manifold (or make your own!) which is rather pricy. (pics to follow as mine just turned up :P ) . not only that but there is the problem of finding a radiator thats going to fit in whats left of the space under the bonnet. reposition the alternator, get a custom intake manifold to clear the bulkhead or cut a hole in the bulkhead... the list goes on.

but.... at least it will be a standard length mini :lol:

#47 Craig Tett

Craig Tett

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:18 AM

This is looking totally genius. Loving all the effort to keep the 10" wheels and standard length. Gonna be worth it!!

#48 mini420

mini420

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:14 PM

minidan
loving the build. your thread has been pretty helpfull in my hopefully soon build.
i deff want to keep my roundnose at standard length.

any updates since november. like to see how you did your alternator.

cheers

#49 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

thanks for for moral boost guys. ive seen so many vtec builds go to clubman fronts to make it easier.

- craig tett - yes it is a lot of effort to get it into a std roundnose but it WILL be worth it. :P as for genius ... well , you make me blush lol

sorry but there is no update since november. i do have the manifold to fit but it needs modifying before it will go on.

next things on the to do list:

~ buy and fit exhaust
~ invent and fit an alternator bracket and alternator
~ work out what radiator fits and plumb it in
~ work out what dash board/ clocks to buy and fit
~ fit roll cage
~ buy and fit seats
~ buy and fit doors
~ find out where in the world to buy honda b series inner cv joints and fit them....... (impossible)
~ 100 other things...

looks like may 2009 might be out of reach for a finish date. :unsure:

#50 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:40 PM

Big thumbs up here Dan :D

Will be one worth waiting for.....in 2009 :)

#51 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

hello!

another small but worthy update. a few pictures of the bits ive added since my last post.
Finally got the 16vMinishop manifold, had to remortgage my house for this lol. (nearly) also chose the back box which is a PlayMini one. looks the part dont you think? should sound nice too :wub:

Attached Files

#52 miniadventure

miniadventure

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:37 AM

Looks Amazing! hope u make it for may as i want to see this!

#53 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:35 PM

sorry it wont be ready for May.... i wish it could have been but it WILL be at next years shows.

#54 fr0gin

fr0gin

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:50 PM

I have just got hold of a sub frame and v-tec. any advise you would suggest before taking my mini to pieces? Also where did you buy your coilovers and is that a standard back subframe?

Edited by fr0gin, 08 May 2009 - 10:53 PM.

#55 mini_matt_106

mini_matt_106

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:21 PM

not sure it would be beef enough but the radiators on pug 106 and cit saxo are very thin and not amazingly big so might be an idea or you could always mount it in the boot under a faulse floor.

#56 joakwin

joakwin

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:39 PM

what wiring harness are you using? and ecm, a custom tune ecm or just a stock unit?

i want to do a honda swap in mine

#57 c.reading69

c.reading69

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Local Club: not yet...hopefully soon

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:30 PM

i have seen smart car rads and lupos could b ok ?

#58 Doo

Doo

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Local Club: Caledonian Mini Club

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:58 AM

Updates!!!!! :D

#59 fuzzy_naana

fuzzy_naana

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

Hello,

This is an extremely hard post to write. The mini is now up for sale. I have been putting this off as long as I can but it's time now to see 'Max' go to a new loving home and to be finally finished. This mini has been in a number of Mini Runs and seen by a lot of people.

In December 2010 I lost Dan (Minidan) my fiance. I won't go into details as it is still too painful. I did message the administrators but not sure if the news was passed on, I haven't been on the site for a long while. Dan owned this car since he was 17. He loved this car as most of you know, he was a daily visitor to the site and tlaked to a lot of you. He breathed minis and it is such a shame that he never got to finish his beloved project. The car needs a new home and needs to be loved again. He is just sitting in the garage and walking past him everyday has been hard. It will be equally hard to see him go.

You can read this thread to see what has been and what still needs to be done. The transformation has been amazing and i have a lot of photos. I met Dan when I was 18 so have seen every stage this car has gone through. A lot of time and money has been spent to get it to this stage and most of the hard work has been done. The car had a new spray job in early 2010 and sat in a dry garage ever since, it needs the finishing rub down and polish. It has the round nose custom subframe, custom radiator and manifold. I think everything is stated in the thread.

The car needs new doors as the original ones were rotten and scrapped. There are lots of spare bits including wheels and all the glass plus extra. The front hubs have been removed and put on his brothers mini so moving the car will be a small challenge, it's sitting on axle stands at the moment.

Sensible offers only please. I know what has gone into this car.

I hope you can understand too that this is extremely hard for me to talk about so please do not start sending messages asking me questions other than the car.

The car is in East Sussex.

Thank you for reading and I wish I could post in happier circumstances.

Becky

#60 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

I am so sorry to hear this Becky. Although I never met Dan in person, we spoke a few times about this project and the minus, he was a great guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users