Yeah, not bad on my side of the coast either, plus i live on top of a hill :D

#18 MiniSal

MiniSal

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:01 PM

Went to college in Harry (my 1968) tonight in a torrential downpour. Couldn't really see very well and managed to hit some magnificent puddles at the sides of the roads- they came up right over him. At college I took floor bungs out to drain him !!!!! I hope people aren't suffering like they did back in the summer- they have already had more than enough to contend with.

#19 Broomer

Broomer

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:03 PM

Found one on the way home from the NEC on Friday... :D

Couldn't get through. Then tried to help a guy with a flat battery. Then I killed my car! Then I started my car, found another way around the flood, through a golf course. Then killed my car again! Then left it in a layby and got a lift home instead

:crazy:

sounds very simaler to my day, mini decided half way to collage it didn't like the rain and stopped, coasted to a lay by where it refuses to start, got a lift into collage with a mate, at the end of the day got back and got it going, then the key stuck in the ignition and i couldn't turn it off.

#20 Pie

Pie

Crazy About Mini's

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,695 posts
  • Local Club: GoGoAuto

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:09 PM

Uptons flood barriers are up.
Uptons on the news
Tewkesburys on the news
Worcesters on the news

And its raining!!!

Worcester is due to peak tomorrow lunch time, so upton will peak in 2 days and tewkesbury 3!!

Its already closed off one of the three roads into upton. :D

#21 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,039 posts
  • Local Club: Brighton

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:09 PM

wel well

I heard a big crash and bang outside my house, was worried that the big telegraph pole had fallen on Monty (yes I know bit OTT but Ive had nightmares about that). I looked outside and our dustbin had fallen over, but not just fallen over, it was in the middle of the road. I went out and the guy over the road helped me put all the rubbish back in it and put it on the path again :crazy:. I told mum and dad, saying I dont want it falling over again in the wind and denting Monty, so I offered to put it next to their cars :crazy: :D :crazy:

#22 Bean

Bean

Queen of 'shoppin, Voted Miss TMF 2011

• Members
  • 8,054 posts
  • Name: Jean

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:13 PM

Uptons flood barriers are up.
Uptons on the news
Tewkesburys on the news
Worcesters on the news

And its raining!!!

Worcester is due to peak tomorrow lunch time, so upton will peak in 2 days and tewkesbury 3!!

Its already closed off one of the three roads into upton. :crazy:

i was listening to BBC Hereford & Worcester, on Friday night on the way home...

they said that upton's barriers went up, worcester's barriers went up...

and then someone set Angel Place on fire!!! :D

#23 Pie

Pie

Crazy About Mini's

• Banned
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:13 PM

Eh? really bean?? i was in there on saturday night, and it was fine?!!!! :D

#24 Pie

Pie

Crazy About Mini's

• Banned
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:14 PM

wel well

I heard a big crash and bang outside my house, was worried that the big telegraph pole had fallen on Monty (yes I know bit OTT but Ive had nightmares about that). I looked outside and our dustbin had fallen over, but not just fallen over, it was in the middle of the road. I went out and the guy over the road helped me put all the rubbish back in it and put it on the path again :crazy:. I told mum and dad, saying I dont want it falling over again in the wind and denting Monty, so I offered to put it next to their cars :crazy: :D :ermm:

LMAO nice one Razzler :crazy:

#25 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:17 PM

wel well

I heard a big crash and bang outside my house, was worried that the big telegraph pole had fallen on Monty (yes I know bit OTT but Ive had nightmares about that). I looked outside and our dustbin had fallen over, but not just fallen over, it was in the middle of the road. I went out and the guy over the road helped me put all the rubbish back in it and put it on the path again :crazy:. I told mum and dad, saying I dont want it falling over again in the wind and denting Monty, so I offered to put it next to their cars :P :D :angel:

LMAO nice one Razzler :ermm:

:crazy:

Full of bright Ideas me :crazy: :P

#26 redhotmini

redhotmini

• Members
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:19 PM

i almost drowned the mini driving to horsham after work. decided not to go via cowfold on the a272 as people were saying it was flooded and someone crashed, same on the A23. so i went along the back roads, which are fun at 50mph but not when its wet so i slowed down to 30 and had the spotlights on to see the puddles better. except i didnt spot the deep one and hit that at 30. was bloody good fun but theres pine needles, muck and leaves all over the mini. i'll find a clean flood to drive through tomorrow to wash it off.

#27 Bean

Bean

Queen of 'shoppin, Voted Miss TMF 2011

• Members
  • 8,054 posts
  • Name: Jean

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:20 PM

Eh? really bean?? i was in there on saturday night, and it was fine?!!!! :crazy:

yeah.. :D

they said that loads of worcester was closed because of it, which was causing even more traffic! :crazy:

#28 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:21 PM

For a minute then Rach, I thought your wheely bin had been blown UP the step, on to your garden path, then UPHILL along the path, and then into the road, and then blown over! :D :crazy:

#29 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:23 PM

For a minute then Rach, I thought your wheely bin had been blown UP the step, on to your garden path, then UPHILL along the path, and then into the road, and then blown over! :crazy: :crazy:

Well, we do have talented bins here my darlin :D

x

#30 redhotmini

redhotmini

• Members
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:24 PM

For a minute then Rach, I thought your wheely bin had been blown UP the step, on to your garden path, then UPHILL along the path, and then into the road, and then blown over! :crazy: :crazy:

Well, we do have talented bins here my darlin :D

x

and they have wheels on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users