#16 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:03 PM

exon race engines has done a lot of work with the S2000 engines on jenvy throttle bodies - apparently 300 BHP is achievable.

this engine was his recommendation for a spaceframe mini conversion we were considering / dreaming about

#17 The Pogg

The Pogg

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:16 PM

what you Quoted Kam was pretty helpful indeed, Like i said them figures i have relayed are only IIRC figures and are off the top of my head. You are correct in thinking that these engines were fitted in hondas and i am basing my reviews/advice on ho9w they performed in them cars and it will be different as you say in a mini!

but my personal preference from my experience will be a H22A2 any day, only thing i would consider other wise would be a K24

#18 gregh55

gregh55

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
  • Local Club: naaa

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:40 PM

we used to have a honda prelude

and they are a very rev happy engine i say if u can do it do it

someone by me is putting a lancia intergralli engine in a mini so why not a prelude it different

#19 The Pogg

The Pogg

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:40 PM

also h22A2 engines can be picked up pretty cheaply!

#20 Sam Walters

Sam Walters

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

why bother? a 200 bhp turbo engine is faster and the gear ratios are better suited to the mini.

#21 The Pogg

The Pogg

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:44 PM

agreed, personaly the only reason i would bother with a H22a2 conversion is because they are fairly cheap and is DEFFINATLEY possible to complete under 1k.

Yes roofless the S2000 engine is the F22 and are highly tuneable!

#22 Mark@IR

Mark@IR

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:36 PM

why bother? a 200 bhp turbo engine is faster and the gear ratios are better suited to the mini.

How come?

agreed, personaly the only reason i would bother with a H22a2 conversion is because they are fairly cheap and is DEFFINATLEY possible to complete under 1k.

Under £1000 you say? If thats true, i'll do it! Aslong as there are people here who can help me, i'll do this, just to see what goes.. take it down the strip and see what happens!

Engine isn't a problem, i've got two H22A's, both JDM so the 197bhp versions. I don't have a Mini though! So still think the £1000 bracket is acheiveable?

EDIT: Sourcing myself a mini now so i can have a bash at this, will you guys be able to help me? this will be my first engine conversion...

Edited by m-range, 09 July 2008 - 06:19 AM.

#23 M44K TS

M44K TS

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:53 PM

My Accord Type R has the H22A7 engine, few small differences to the Prelude engine, but has 209bhp from the factory.

Very good engine, power delivery is awesome and has quite a bit of low down tourque, but it's quite big with the gearbox on, infact, it fills the Accords engine bay quite well and is quite a tall engine, might give a few headaches to fit into a Mini.

Also, i thought the S2000 engine was an F20C as it's a 2.0l?

#24 wilp99

wilp99

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Local Club: AME & MINIRYDES

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:34 AM

f22's were in accords and are reliable but not strong at all. h22's are very tunable. with just a spoon ecu you can achieve 240hp. with ecu, intake, headers, and a cam your lookin at around 280 ish and about 280 torque. thats a bad mofo. and it will rap out at 9k rpm all day. the ammount of power you can get from any decent vtec motor is limitless. if you have the right funds.

#25 wilp99

wilp99

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Local Club: AME & MINIRYDES

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:35 AM

sorry didnt realize this was an ancient post..

#26 LeeDJC

LeeDJC

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

Hey sorry to revive an ancient post, but I found it while searching.

I can get hold of a 2.2 pretty cheap. Was wondering if anyon has done this yet. If so, was it front mounted or rear?

If not, how would you guys go about it? I have a mini begging to be modded in the garage!

#27 hksubaru

hksubaru

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:10 PM

If you change your mind i have a 1.8 vti that i am about to break so you can hear everything running.

#28 Studlydoright775

Studlydoright775

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

So has anyone tried this yet? I think Im gonna go for it, but I know its gonna take some time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users