135 replies to this topic

#91 Alex_grease_monkey

Alex_grease_monkey

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:44 PM

That clubman is utterly beutiful! i want it so much!

really outstanding project!

#92 Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts
  • Local Club: LCMOC

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:04 PM

wowow you get my idea of tunning good man :lol: very very impressed ill be watching this space

#93 YEG 955T

YEG 955T

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:31 PM

ive just read through this,
its amazing and really top work!
you dont fancy fitting a vtec in my clubman for me by any chance?
of p.s i used to have those same dials in my eg civic sir 2

#94 meetthespeakers

meetthespeakers

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Local Club: MAM, CMR

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:29 AM

Great build! I was curious as I am heading down this route with the same exact setup, Allspeed frame, b16a2 obd1, etc. Is there anyway to keep the stock mini clutch master cylinder? From the pictures I can't see what the clearance issues are. Also the intake manifold, could you of used a skunk 2 intake, etc that has shorter runners to not need to cut the bulkhead? Would that give the clearance for the C. Master Cylinder? The shifter I assume is a stock honda shifter with the linking rods cut up, joined, etc?

Is it also possible to drop the motor into the frame? Or do you always have to do frame attached to motor and drop it from underneath? I plan on doing this to a clubman estate and I was curious about the fuel tank, can you use and external fuel pump? Sorry for bunch of questions. Again, great build. Want to come to Washington, D.C and give me a hand knocking one out? Cash and room and board. LoL.

#95 miniman.matt

miniman.matt

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:48 AM

Great build! I was curious as I am heading down this route with the same exact setup, Allspeed frame, b16a2 obd1, etc. Is there anyway to keep the stock mini clutch master cylinder? From the pictures I can't see what the clearance issues are. Also the intake manifold, could you of used a skunk 2 intake, etc that has shorter runners to not need to cut the bulkhead? Would that give the clearance for the C. Master Cylinder? The shifter I assume is a stock honda shifter with the linking rods cut up, joined, etc?

Is it also possible to drop the motor into the frame? Or do you always have to do frame attached to motor and drop it from underneath? I plan on doing this to a clubman estate and I was curious about the fuel tank, can you use and external fuel pump? Sorry for bunch of questions. Again, great build. Want to come to Washington, D.C and give me a hand knocking one out? Cash and room and board. LoL.

Hi mate, you can use the standard mini clutch master but it gives a mega hard pedal thats virtually unusable. The skunk 2 would provide more clearence for the bulkhead and master cylinders but the bulkhead would still have to be modified though not as much. You are right the shifter is the honda one cut down and welded to the correct shape i also added a quick shift but this does lower the shifter in the tunnel slightly. With a steel front on it is nigh on imposible to drop the engine in the frame, far easier to move a nice light shell. As long as you can get the fuel pump to kick in and out at the right time time and you have the correct fuel presure then you can run internal or external fuel pumps, but it is far better to use the honda pump inside an spi/mpi tank (fits in the same place as the mini pump). i think i have got all your questions lol

Oh and if you pay for my ticket to the states i would love to help lol, america is still on my places to go list :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#96 meetthespeakers

meetthespeakers

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Local Club: MAM, CMR

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:00 AM

Thanks for getting back to me so quick. I still got more reading to do. Hey if you want to come on over and give me a hand, I am sure I could work in a plan ticket. Wish I could fit a frame in my luggage when I get married in Germany next year.

#97 picknmixminis

picknmixminis

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Local Club: pick'n'mix minis

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:40 PM

Just read through the project and it looks awesome. How did you mangage to get the paint job for £160? Also do you have a video of the car?

#98 miniman.matt

miniman.matt

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:46 PM

£160 is what it cost me for all paint and other consumables, then i had to learn fast lol.

I have been meaning to get a video up for ages you can see it here for a second or so...
I will make a proper one soon :thumbsup:

Edited by miniman.matt, 04 December 2009 - 04:48 PM.

#99 captainjack15

captainjack15

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,925 posts
  • Local Club: Somerset Rusteez

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:27 PM

Loverly Mini you've got there mate :)

Good vid too ish :P :P

#100 Pitcrew6464

Pitcrew6464

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Local Club: mini 7 racing club

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:49 PM

i want your mini :xxx: love it

#101 miniman.matt

miniman.matt

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:49 PM

cheers guys, i think i might have to wait till spring until i can make a decent vid, but i am useless at windows movie maker lol ^_^

#102 paul6266

paul6266

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Local Club: Retro Classics

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:17 PM

this mini looks great. actually cant wait to see the beast in all its glory

#103 Kaison

Kaison

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:11 PM

WOW, AMAZING!! Any more updates/pictures/videos??

#104 parker89

parker89

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:20 PM

hello mate brilliant job top notch!! i am also considering this conversion can i be nosey and ask how much roughly it cost in total?
cheers

#105 miniman.matt

miniman.matt

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:38 PM

hello mate brilliant job top notch!! i am also considering this conversion can i be nosey and ask how much roughly it cost in total?
cheers

Just shy of the 10k mark mate but i done alot of things on a trial and error basis as well as changing my mind all the time on certain things so it is certainly attainable for less i just made the mistake of being 21 with visions of grandeur and having 10k there so i bassically used it all on the car because i could. If i could do it again i would be more sensible (i am now poor :) lol)

Edited by miniman.matt, 24 July 2010 - 03:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users