135 replies to this topic

#61 miniman.matt

miniman.matt

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:20 PM

hey mate i hav made loads more progress, to busy workin on the car to update this thread lol.
As its you buddy i will get picys up asap of the progress. All im doin now is makin it look all pretty :lol:

#62 buddylove

buddylove

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts
  • Local Club: SAMOA

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:50 AM

Can't wait for the pics then :lol:

#63 vtec_miniestate

vtec_miniestate

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Local Club: Torbay Mini Club

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:37 AM

bonnet lifters where fitted and they do hold the clubman bonnet despite being told they would not :w00t:

Could you tell me where you got the lifters from?

Cheers

:lol:

P.S. awesome looking project by the way

#64 miniman.matt

miniman.matt

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:47 PM

hi mate, got them from minispares. Specially developed for the mini by them as well. They look trick as well as holding the bonnet slightly more open than if you used the stay :)

#65 miniman.matt

miniman.matt

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:10 PM

update update update!!!! :crazy:
Been very busy workin on the car, there seems to be a million and one jobs still to do but im gettin there. The car looks largly complete now but its all the little jobs that need doing that add up and take the time. The car looks filthy where its been standing in a very tempory shelter whilst i work on it so things dont look as shiney as they should lol. Also fitted a 2" Fletcher axaust system, sounds nice and quiet below 3000rpm but nice and throaty when you give it some beans
Anyhoo heres a overall pic of the car. I really like the dommed mirrors, visability is uber poor though :techsupport:

Posted Image

The interior is coming along nicely, the ECU will be mounted within a center consul and the other bits of wiring is for the central locking.

Posted Image

This is the completed engine bay as said before very dirty but i will sort this. Still need to get a sock filter on the plenum and sort out the resistance needed for the temp gauge (hense the variable resister laying in there :wacko:

Posted Image

There have been lots of unforseen mods made such as the heater had to be dropped due to the box in the bulkhead. As well as fabricating drop brackets at the rear it also meant the heater hoses where brought very close to the drivers clutch leg so the matrix was spun and end plate redrilled. This has made alot more room. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

I converted my 3 auxillary clocks to light up the same colour as the main cluster but as you can see the closest one to the camera will need modifying to light up the same brightness as the others.

Posted Image

Edited by miniman.matt, 04 September 2009 - 08:58 AM.

#66 bert998

bert998

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:18 PM

That looks awesome lit up.

I cant help but think a bit of piping around the main dials on the dash would finish it off a treat. If you agree pm me and ill sort you out a bit you can glue on.

:wacko:

#67 miniman.matt

miniman.matt

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:42 PM

Yeah cheers for your input mate, i do think the dash is lacking a little something. It was made by myself from scratch, i dont think ive done too bad but you guys are the experts, i love your products and will be orderng a boot lining kit soon :wacko: .
Dont know weather to leave it plain (clean looking) on the passenger side or put something there like a badge, What do you guys think?
any idea welcome :techsupport:

#68 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 02:12 PM

Looking really good :wacko:

#69 miniman.matt

miniman.matt

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:59 PM

Looking really good :wacko:

cheers mate, i have time off work now so hoping to get it a fresh MOT very early in the new year. :techsupport:

#70 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:27 PM

Posted Image

That looks awsome!
Nice work! Great project!

#71 bert998

bert998

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:56 PM

I would leave the n/s as it is, it looks uncluttered and very smart. If you want I can drop you a length of either silver or black piping in the post to go round the dials. I think that will finish it off nicely.

Call it your xmas present from one 16v clubby builder to another :wacko:

#72 miniman.matt

miniman.matt

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:03 PM

I would leave the n/s as it is, it looks uncluttered and very smart. If you want I can drop you a length of either silver or black piping in the post to go round the dials. I think that will finish it off nicely.

Call it your xmas present from one 16v clubby builder to another :wacko:

cheers mate, yeah that would be awesome. black piping whould be spot on. :techsupport:

#73 scotchmist

scotchmist

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Local Club: Minisunlimited

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:07 PM

Where did you get the gas struts for your bonnet? Ive got a fiberglass bonnet fitted to the original mounts but it doesn't have the stay to keep it open. I was hoping to find struts of the appropriate length from a scrapyard and fit them in a similar position to yours but you seem to have a specific kit (or a particularly fine homemade effort).

#74 miniman.matt

miniman.matt

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:42 PM

Where did you get the gas struts for your bonnet? Ive got a fiberglass bonnet fitted to the original mounts but it doesn't have the stay to keep it open. I was hoping to find struts of the appropriate length from a scrapyard and fit them in a similar position to yours but you seem to have a specific kit (or a particularly fine homemade effort).

hey mate as mentioned before they are from minispares, Look at this page v

http://www.minispare...ty=pb&pid=42302

#75 buddylove

buddylove

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts
  • Local Club: SAMOA

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:52 AM

Nice work, the dash looks very nice. Especially with it lit up! O_O

0 user(s) are reading this topic