#1 minidj

minidj

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Local Club: bumpstart

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:29 PM

:thumbsup: just got back from the MOT station with RNR and i can officially tell you she's thrown her toys out of the pram. Its going to be a busy week i tell thee!!!!!!! After handing over my hard earned readies the MOT inspector he gladley handed me 2 RED A4 pieces of paper full of offending items!!!!!!! Rite here goes make ya self a hot drink or crack opena cold tinny and have a giggle (I know ya will). Sitting comfy? here we go :shifty:
1) Insufficient wipers (new arms pleese)
2)O/S N/S Steering rack boots split
3)N/S Rear brake pipe excessively corroded
4)3 pieces of structural welding required underneath!
5)Front O/S shock absorber leaking severly
6) Front suspension too low Touching bumpstops (been advised to remove them if they aren't there they can't fail!!!!)
7) Emissions and Hydrocarbons too high ( can a 1989 mini get tested on this? my last mini never had to under go a breath/fart test!)
Thats all for now peps il keep ya posted or my darling other half will seeming il be up to me pits in crusty mini! YAY!

#2 squiz680

squiz680

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Local Club: bumpstart mini club

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:26 PM

:thumbsup: just got back from the MOT station with RNR and i can officially tell you she's thrown her toys out of the pram. Its going to be a busy week i tell thee!!!!!!! After handing over my hard earned readies the MOT inspector he gladley handed me 2 RED A4 pieces of paper full of offending items!!!!!!! Rite here goes make ya self a hot drink or crack opena cold tinny and have a giggle (I know ya will). Sitting comfy? here we go :shifty:
1) Insufficient wipers (new arms pleese)
2)O/S N/S Steering rack boots split
3)N/S Rear brake pipe excessively corroded
4)3 pieces of structural welding required underneath!
5)Front O/S shock absorber leaking severly
6) Front suspension too low Touching bumpstops (been advised to remove them if they aren't there they can't fail!!!!)
7) Emissions and Hydrocarbons too high ( can a 1989 mini get tested on this? my last mini never had to under go a breath/fart test!)
Thats all for now peps il keep ya posted or my darling other half will seeming il be up to me pits in crusty mini! YAY!

if u need a hand i can come over weekend cause mine should b rebuilt

#3 miniT

miniT

Puts the 'Bum' Into Bumpstart!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • Local Club: Bumpstart Mini Club

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:30 PM

Bad, very bad mini!!! Smacked bottys!! :shifty:

#4 Kernal H

Kernal H

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:41 PM

For the MoT you can lean the fuel mixture, just remember how many turns you turned it so it can be put back later! The Emmissions are done on how old the car is, and whether it's cat or no cat. Sadly unless you're me, and have a forgettful MoT tester, you have to have this done!

#5 AshW

AshW

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Local Club: Bumpstart mini club

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:18 PM

Hi, my mini failed the mot today too:

Steering rack boot split
Headlights dip beam and main beam wrong way round
indicators not working and no side repeaters.

I was expecting it to fail but i thought it was going to be seatbelts and rear subframe. but they turned out to be alright

The guy who did the flipfront said that you dont need side repeaters and that they are really hard to fit with a flipfront, does anyone know how i could wire them up with the flipfront?.

#6 dougal

dougal

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:22 PM

Dougals got his MoT in June, i bet he,s going to be a bad boy to :thumbsup:
if fact he,s being a bad boy now , i dont know why minis are so naughty :unsure:
hope you all get them sorted for Riv :thumbsup:

#7 Kernal H

Kernal H

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:27 PM

if fact he,s being a bad boy now , i dont know why minis are so naughty :unsure:
hope you all get them sorted for Riv :unsure:

I know a Series II Landy called dougal! Not good tho... he failed the MoT and currently needs about £700 of welding :thumbsup: Hope yours goes better!

#8 squiz680

squiz680

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Local Club: bumpstart mini club

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:42 PM

hope you all get them sorted for Riv :unsure:

I know a Series II Landy called dougal! Not good tho... he failed the MoT and currently needs about £700 of welding :thumbsup: Hope yours goes better!

my mini has got to be mot i hope passes

#9 project-mini

project-mini

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Local Club: SOUTH WEST MINI'S

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:20 PM

sounds bad d.j mine has similar probems as yours but i i dont need to fix them until september,lol and thats wen i cna take it off the road for winter,lol

#10 minidj

minidj

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:01 PM

Hi all ive emerged from the garage finished all the welding now as usual a small hole soon grows (into ni-on half a sill!!) next on the list is to rear place the rear shoes ect! then its a weekend of suspension upgrades seeming the front has collapsed il be upgrading to hi-los and adjustable spax shocks, salvaged from Ratty my 1388 wreck from lastyear, il also replace the steering rack boots while im under there. il take ya up on the help squiz cheers!! off to work ina bit so thats the end of play!

#11 miniT

miniT

Puts the 'Bum' Into Bumpstart!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • Local Club: Bumpstart Mini Club

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:12 PM

Well done Dj!

Phoebes MOT is this month, the 18th in fact (well actually 28th but i always take her in early just in case!!) Andrew, as we speak is putting new driveshafts on and a few other niggly bits! I'm on his laptop watching him hard at work!! :D

Edited by miniT, 03 April 2008 - 08:13 PM.

#12 dougal

dougal

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:21 AM

Well done Dj!

Phoebes MOT is this month, the 18th in fact (well actually 28th but i always take her in early just in case!!) Andrew, as we speak is putting new driveshafts on and a few other niggly bits! I'm on his laptop watching him hard at work!! :wub:

goodluck phoebe :P not that she needs it :) she,ll pass just get andrew to MOT her :(

#13 minidj

minidj

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:28 PM

Well done Dj!

I'm on his laptop watching him hard at work!! =]

LOL!! sounds like some one i know Krystle has been "supervising" me on mini from a spare seat in the garage! Hope Phoebe goes through with out any hick ups!

See you all on sunday maybe il be mini powered fingers crossed!!!!

Edited by minidj, 04 April 2008 - 03:29 PM.

#14 dougal

dougal

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:00 PM

Well done Dj!

I'm on his laptop watching him hard at work!! :)

LOL!! sounds like some one i know Krystle has been "supervising" me on mini from a spare seat in the garage! Hope Phoebe goes through with out any hick ups!

See you all on sunday maybe il be mini powered fingers crossed!!!!

when i supervise i get shouted out :) so i,ve learned to hide in the house when mini fixing is going on, mr dougal turns into the devil possesed =]

#15 minidj

minidj

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:01 PM

[/quote]when i supervise i get shouted out :errr: so i,ve learned to hide in the house when mini fixing is going on, mr dougal turns into the devil possesed :D
[/quote]

Sounds V.familiar minis do that to people Krystle abandoned the garage earlier whilst i was rebuilding the rear brakes! Just the front suspension to rebuild and steering rack boots to change now then its take 2 on the MOT!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users