24 replies to this topic

#16 propercornish

propercornish

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:02 PM

hows it going mate? had your retest yet?

#17 minidj

minidj

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Local Club: bumpstart

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:30 PM

Afraid not mate failed on rear brakes can't work it out hand brakes holds perfectly (few handbrake turns up over be imerys yard testing) but rear food brake won't lock rear wheels up got new cylinders shoes all adjusted to the max bled up ect ect ect just won't hold!!! got MOT 1ce again nxt friday (18th)

#18 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,438 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:50 PM

Afraid not mate failed on rear brakes can't work it out hand brakes holds perfectly (few handbrake turns up over be imerys yard testing) but rear food brake won't lock rear wheels up got new cylinders shoes all adjusted to the max bled up ect ect ect just won't hold!!! got MOT 1ce again nxt friday (18th)

Brake pressure regulator? What size wheel cylinders are you using?

#19 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,438 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:52 PM

Hi, my mini failed the mot today too:

The guy who did the flipfront said that you dont need side repeaters and that they are really hard to fit with a flipfront, does anyone know how i could wire them up with the flipfront?.

You just need an earth - jockey them off the front indicators.

Edited by Ethel, 12 April 2008 - 05:52 PM.

#20 minidj

minidj

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:06 PM

:( sodding mini went for MOT 1ce again Different station this time as usual garage was fully booked and came back with a totally different failure list from the 1st station. Lost all interest init kaned it home fell in love with it again (as you do) good thrashing always proves a car! now booked it in to a far away garage with a promise that it'll return with 12months MOT and quite possibly 2new sills and a stack of other new goodys and a sodding great bill no dout seeming this is going to be a keeper im not to fussed 1ce its Done its done aye? haven't tackled work meself as ive been tinkering witha mates project what will be on the miniworld stand at riviera very tasty it is too stelph is 1way to describe it. Hopefully cya all at Riv l8rs

#21 minidj

minidj

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:25 PM

Hey Hey happy times 1ce agen ;) . Just got back from dropping mini down to Martin at Central Garage in fourlanes he gave it a quick pre MOT and eliminated 5items on the failure sheet already! and gave me a quote of £250 tops to get all the welding sorted and few other little nigglies. Should have it back be end of the week as he's fitting the work in around other jobs. He's also tempted me with a mk1 4door cortina saloon running a 1600X-flow engine thats very capable of shredding its rear hides a quick white out in the work shop showed that LOL!!

#22 propercornish

propercornish

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:24 PM

Hey Hey happy times 1ce agen ;) . Just got back from dropping mini down to Martin at Central Garage in fourlanes he gave it a quick pre MOT and eliminated 5items on the failure sheet already! and gave me a quote of £250 tops to get all the welding sorted and few other little nigglies. Should have it back be end of the week as he's fitting the work in around other jobs. He's also tempted me with a mk1 4door cortina saloon running a 1600X-flow engine thats very capable of shredding its rear hides a quick white out in the work shop showed that LOL!!

alright mate, glad you are getting mini sorted. what was the cortina like? mot? sounds like fun. im looking for another project. minis nearly done and ive sold my artic unit. so need something else to keep me out of the missus's way!!!

#23 minidj

minidj

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:47 PM

[/quote]alright mate, glad you are getting mini sorted. what was the cortina like? mot? sounds like fun. im looking for another project. minis nearly done and ive sold my artic unit. so need something else to keep me out of the missus's way!!!
[/quote]

HI bud cortina is all mot't and on the road could do with a little body work and a respray but other than that its looking pretty solid il pm you his mob no 1ce i get it. Went down to see mini agen thursday OUCH!!! bottom 3" of rear drivers quater panel is made of fiberglass sheet bills climing towards £700 now but ive gone this far so im going to bite the bullet and get it rebuilt.

#24 propercornish

propercornish

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:56 PM

[/quote]alright mate, glad you are getting mini sorted. what was the cortina like? mot? sounds like fun. im looking for another project. minis nearly done and ive sold my artic unit. so need something else to keep me out of the missus's way!!!
[/quote]
HI bud cortina is all mot't and on the road could do with a little body work and a respray but other than that its looking pretty solid il pm you his mob no 1ce i get it. Went down to see mini agen thursday OUCH!!! bottom 3" of rear drivers quater panel is made of fiberglass sheet bills climing towards £700 now but ive gone this far so im going to bite the bullet and get it rebuilt.
[/quote]

fibreglass sheets?!!! what sort of job is that?! cut it out and weld in new steel! may be interested in cortina. take a pic next time you see it. is your mini going to be done for riv run then? ive had my cooper 12g295 head skimmed today ready to fit at the weekend along with the twin carbs. found a nice set of sporty seats up combellacks that came from a honda prelude! had to make subframes to fit them but they look good and are comfy!

just got to polish it then fit spotlights, door circles and numbers, carpet set and should be looking something like it. just hope the weathers good

#25 minidj

minidj

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:55 AM

[/quote]
fibreglass sheets?!!! what sort of job is that?! cut it out and weld in new steel! may be interested in cortina. take a pic next time you see it. is your mini going to be done for riv run then?
[/quote]

NA we're taking the fiberglass sheet out and welding it up don't you worry! il get a piccy of cortina and send it ya during the week. not sure if mini's gonna be ready martins working on it in beteen mot's ect but he recons it'll be done by thursday fingers double crossed! sounds like ya minis going to be screaming away soon then 1ce you get that head fitted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users