105 replies to this topic

#61 Jules

Jules

3 Gold Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 02:25 PM

hey Al have you got any updated pictures of rusty now? :) want to see how she is coming along its been over a month now since the last pic!! :sad:

#62 Al*

Al*

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts
  • Local Club: ERC / SMOA

Posted 05 May 2004 - 04:12 PM

yeah it has been a while. lately it's been little stuff but this weekend or next weekend I will finally be doing the final assembly on the rear end (then i'll have thew panel) I've rebuiltand resprayed the rear subframe, and started rebuilding the backseat floor. But really the only big thing left is the rear end....that should only take a couple weekends to do though.

it sucks though cause my dads starting to get *Drunk or yellow human water* of with me because his garage is a mess thanks to my mini and hes telling me to get the f**king thing done or he'll just kick it out into the street (good luck theres no wheels.) But yeah so it's gonna take another day away just to clean up the garage..... :)

I'll have more pics up for ya in about a week or two.....sound good?

Al

#63 Jules

Jules

3 Gold Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 03:44 PM

:) shame your dad isn't as passionate about minis like you Al!!

Cant wait to see what she looks like in two weeks from a carpet covered car to a ....... :saywhat:

#64 Al*

Al*

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 04:26 PM

well heres a couple pics....probally not what you had in mind Jules but pics none the less.

Thes are my rims....I bought em a few weeks back for a sweet price. I'll give ema good polish and they'll be ready to go.

Al

Attached Files

#65 Al*

Al*

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 04:28 PM

Heres a pic of the rebuilt rear subframe....all the rust repair was done and now it's painted too...just ready to swap components off my old one onto it now. ( you can see the old one on the floor. Rusted to hell...none the less I'll keeep it and fix it at a later date if needed.)

Al

Attached Files

#66 millsminis

millsminis

TMF Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish Mini Club

Posted 18 May 2004 - 12:52 PM

Well I'm glad that someone is making good use of a mini................ by restoring it!!!!

Good luck to you it seems your getting there............

What age is the mini????

#67 Al*

Al*

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 02:14 PM

Thganks Millsmini it's a 1973 austin mini 1000 ( canadian spec) soon to get 1275 though... :grin:

Al

#68 Al*

Al*

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 03:46 PM

:grin: :) :grin: I'm real happy now. I just bought a spot welder! pretty expensive but i think it'll be worth it in the long run. retail price was $680 but got it for $510 ( work discount) the tongs and tips retail was $85 and i got them for $61.

Oh and for those of you who are curious about the engine side of my restore here goes.... I plan to leave the 998cc. sitting in the corner of the garag and pick me up a 1275cc. that neds a rebuild for $500.... I will get the 1275 anbd the tranny rebuilt for approxamitely $600 and then I will be ordering a stage one kit which will be about $500 then a cone style k&n filter....$60. I am pondering what cam i should put in if i do put one in. So in total my powerplant will be costing me.... aprox. $1700-$1750......(p.s. all these prices are in canadian dollars.) hopefully the 1275 should be putting out around 65-70hp. sound right?

Al

#69 millsminis

millsminis

TMF Moderator

• Members
  • 2,882 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish Mini Club

Posted 29 May 2004 - 01:18 PM

got any latest pics of rusty???

I see its coming on.... when you come over to the uk (for the flashing) do you fancy restoring mine........LOL

#70 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 01:38 PM

proper project mate :D

id love to do it.......because by the end of it you woudl knoe every single thing about the car :D

#71 The_Mini_Bug

The_Mini_Bug

1 Gold Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 05:28 PM

lookin good al keep it up mate

#72 Al*

Al*

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 11:52 PM

Hey Millsmini; sure i'd restore yours for yah!

I'm goin' nuts with all this bloody rust though...it's very depressing at times. Oh well I'll have here finished sooner then I know and then i'll wish i was still working on it. :D

Anyhow heres a pic of the rear end test fitted...haven't got any real recet pics but this is pretty close.

Al

Attached Files

#73 cowboy

cowboy

Friend of TMF

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 03:45 PM

thats amazing AL, its coming along exellant now, won't be long before it's ready for spraying?

#74 Al*

Al*

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 04:03 PM

mid July? Hopefully. want to have it done for october at the latest as my sister is getting married first weekend in october and said i could drive her to the ceremony in it.

Al

#75 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,587 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 02 June 2004 - 08:05 AM

Thats looking realy good Al! Well done for all your hard work!

You can hardly tell its the same mini. (well almost :grin: )

Good Luck with getting it ready for you sisters wedding, that sounds like a great idea! Glad you sister likes the mini that much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users