23 replies to this topic

#16 Pooky

Pooky

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:15 PM

Don't think it'll be very drivable...without a steering wheel! (or seats) ;)

#17 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 11:08 AM

lol :grin: How did I know someone would mention that.

The seats will sit in the same place as usuall and the speaker enclosure will only stick out from the crossmember by about 7 inches with a beveled edge.

#18 Boab

Boab

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Local Club: E*S*M*O*C

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:20 PM

Don't think it'll be very drivable...without a steering wheel! (or seats) :cry:

I driven mine without the seats and it's hilarious :cry: :cry:

#19 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 02:03 PM

Nice one mate. :nugget: I bet you had loads of side support when going around roundabouts :cry:

#20 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 29 May 2005 - 02:18 PM

iv gota agree 6x9's are a no no for sound quality(also found on audio forums too) and i agree with scarface the extra £££ for components is not worth it.
If you are after SQ then you need to be thinkign about the type of music you listen to and the frequencies produced. For example you arnt going to need a subwoofer for Opra music. Iv found that up fropnt around a 13cm coaxal works well keeping the high and mid notes as long as there is a good set of rear speakers to produce lower mid notes to mild bass. If you listen to dancy music then I would recoment a small 8-10" subwoofer... though this will lower the SQ if you have speakers in the shelf. I personally listen to alot of dance music and have found onwe of the best set up(if you are concerned with the SQ in the front 2 speakers, to be a set of 13cm components in the front with the tweeter set higher nearthe corners of the dash and a 10 sub in the boot with no rear speakers. This gave high SQ through most frequencies and gave nice low sound reproduction just from a 120hz crossover on the subwoofer. Though sit in the back and it sounded pants, just all bass.

It really depends on where u want the sound and what sort of music you listen to, and then design a system from there! any question or if any explenations are needed then dont hesitate to ask

#21 Scarface

Scarface

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:37 PM

with the tweeter set higher nearthe corners of the dash

I personally wouldn't put speakers in corners but near is okay. just don't put them rite in the corner this is a bad idea as the sound will resinate of whatever it's in the corner of creating a echoy sound reducing SQ.

#22 lostininglewood

lostininglewood

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:24 PM

Heres a very brief sketch of the install ill be making up. Once ive made it ill post the templates for this as well. It might be a bit more compicated though.

Ill post the templates for the small boxes once I get my scanner up and running

Nice sketch, although I dont' think that the 6*9's under the seats will sound good unless they are 6*9 subs and if so you're bum will be getting vibrated quite nicely. :cry:

just food for thought.

#23 Madmax

Madmax

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,638 posts
  • Local Club: Grimsby & Louth MOC

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:13 PM

in my experience 6x9's under the rear seats dont sound good due to poor positioning meaning they fire directly into the rear of the front seats

much better positioning can be achieved by using a rear install aproach but you loose your rear seats obviously

as has been said 6x9's are not in any shape or form good for sound reproduction, if you really want sound quality go for a really good set of components with crossover setup, if you really want to push the boat out, go for a mobile audio equalizer and get twiddling

#24 lostininglewood

lostininglewood

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:15 PM

Here's a pic of where my rear shelf speakers are going to sit. One of my amps is going to mount in the middle.

The pic is just the rough shape and it is still all being built. I will post more pics in my build thread as soon as I send out a report I'm working on. :cry:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users