17 replies to this topic

#16 MrBounce

MrBounce

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 04:13 PM

I was going to fit one to my Midas project. Guessworks refurbed my gearbox, and a secondhand KAD quickshift would not work properly with it. Going back to the normal set up was a revelation. My experience of rod-change boxes in the past were obviously well-worn examples. This one's silky smooth, and yes the throw is longer, but I cannot for the life of me think how a Quickshift would improve it. 

#17 KernowCooper

KernowCooper

Sparkie

• Mini Docs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Kernow Mini Club

Posted 15 January 2021 - 10:02 PM

I had a quick shift in mine and the best mod is Remove It, more trouble than they are worth, IMO Its a Mini and drive it with the standard gear lever

#18 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,931 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 15 January 2021 - 11:55 PM

I do run the Mini Spares Short Shifter (sometimes referred to as a quick shifter), in just about all my cars and I love them.

To get them to work properly though, all the shifter parts do need to be in very good condition and maintained that way. I've read on these pages, many horror stories with them and the only reason I can think of / see for this is worn parts in the Shift Mech.

They feel a much more comfortable 'throw' in the Mini and in the Moke, it gives me swinging room for my legs so I can stretch out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users