Am I the only one that hates glitter paint jobs?? :sick: :sick: :sick:

#32 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:47 AM

Hmmm, I wouldn't say hate, but I think they are too 'girly' for a car?!

#33 minipixie

minipixie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Local Club: Lincoln TMF and Notts TMF

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:02 AM

lol, some cars look good with glitter! dont know if id have it myself tho, jus cus of the cost! iv got a couple of ideas goin round my head at the mo tho! cant decide between a dark bluey/purple sorta colour or something brighter and eye catching! lol! again im gonna say.......so many colours.................

#34 andywaller

andywaller

• Members
  • 1,636 posts
  • Local Club: turbominis.co.uk

Posted 05 June 2005 - 03:37 PM

if you cant decide you could always do each panel a different colour like that limited edition polo that VW did a wile ago! :lol:

#35 Leonard

Leonard

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Local Club: mini rebels

Posted 05 June 2005 - 05:18 PM

lol i know the one you mean mowog, it was a polo carnival. my parents have a peugeot in aegean blue, its well nice

Attached Files

• Attached File  pug.jpg   7.66K   3 downloads

#36 mini_sam

mini_sam

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:02 PM

this is the colour that i love, its called "Inferno" used on Clio Cup's my brothers mate has one of these, great cars and the colour looks fab!!

Attached Files

#37 minipixie

minipixie

• Members
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:55 PM

ur right, it is a nice colour mini_sam, quite like the colour of the peugeot aswell leonard!

at the mo, im quite likin the idea of metallic purple and silver, jus cant decide which way to have it....purple body with silver roof or silver body with purple roof and spray alloys silver!

was pretty settled with purple body n silver roof, but then someone suggested the other way round and now i cant decide which i prefer....so damn u!!! u know who you are! lol!!!

#38 centralminiTC

centralminiTC

Forum Trouble Maker

• Members
  • 1,740 posts
  • Local Club: Central Minis

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:27 AM

so sian - you gonna get rid of the UJ on the roof then and redo your interior?
mega project!! Was looking at it last night - if you were keeping the UJ and interior then red would be a good option (red paintwork always comes up lovely) - but if the whole lot is gonna go then the world is your oyster!!

A nice purple is the equinox - minimaddi over on MiniAngels as a gorgeous one with blue pearl in it.

Cost wise - if you go for fancy paint job, metallic, glitter, pearl etc - its more expensive initially - but the real wounder is when you need to touch it up!! My boot lid for instance, that has to be replaced where my mate gave me a nudge, the whole back end has to be resprayed to blend in all the pearl. And there is no easy/cheap way to deal with all the stone chips on the front either. :sad: I'm having to spend a fair fortune on mine this winter to get it looking nice again.

I take it your mini is your only day to day transport and will end up with the odd chip etc in it - so going with a more standard paint job would be more practical until you win the lottery and get a second car on the go and get the mini looking snazzy as hell!!! :grin:

Good luck anyway - let us know what you decide!!!
NB: silver body & purple roof and wheels would be really funky :cheese:

#39 minipixie

minipixie

• Members
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:36 AM

thats a good point about it being my only day to day car, so goin for a more standard paint job would be more practical.....dint think of that one!! cheers!!

i love ur paint job, it looked really good last night! and ive seen pictures of minimaddi's mini and like that which is why im tempted to go for a colour and then have a pearl put on top (if that is th way it works) but then again im at uni, so prob wont be able to afford to have it touched up everynow and then, so might leave that idea till like u sed i win the lottery! :w00t:

and on another note, im not completely sure whether to get rid of the UJ yet, think am i set on taking it off cus it's starting to look a tad scruffy roundt he edges, but cant decide wehther i shud have a new one put on! hmmmm... decisions decisions!!!

but cheers for the tips!!! espec for pointing out that it is my only car! hahaha, surprisingly enough i hadnt thought of that!

Sian

#40 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,587 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 08 June 2005 - 11:50 AM

I just though Id show you a nice paint colour I saw at a classic car show:

Attached Files

#41 Leonard

Leonard

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Local Club: mini rebels

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:51 PM

i'd say purple with silver or grey roof, not the other way round. if u like the union jack you can get them in different tones of grey. then you could do the wheels in dark grey/antracite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users