126 replies to this topic

#31 Mini Man Dan

Mini Man Dan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:53 AM

Dan - If you aint done the theory yet, get yourself a dvd from halfords, its an interactive dvd and has the same questions/hazzard perception vids you'll get asked on the day, go through it a few times and the bike questions will soon start repeating themselves ;D

Good luck, you wont regret it

;)

I have my theory test on tuesday! I have got one of the books and I have read through that and going through it yet again. Fingers crossed I will pass as it won't leave me with much time to retake it if I mess it up :dontgetit:

I'm not worried about the questions as most of those are common sense anyway. I am worried about teh hazard perception part of the test though.

#32 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:59 AM

The hazzard perception is the easier of the two so you wont have any probs.

The vids are actually really silly in most of the scenes, the camera vehicle is only travelling about 20mph if that so you do have plenty of time, the stuff that comes out across you is laughable but people really do this out on the road! :dontgetit:

#33 Madrat

Madrat

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:32 AM

I had a tzr125 for my 1st bike then i got a gpx600r
then i got what i think is the best bike in the world my 02 R1 best bike ive ever rode handles fantastic :dontgetit:
but im selling it to fund my other projects had it 3 year and still made me smile every time
but so ive still got a bike i went out and got myself 2 tzr 125s to rebuild

Attached Files

#34 dribble

dribble

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:18 PM

Can i join in? I gave up biking last summer due to too much rain and too many offs.

Here is my much loved Falco, I also had a CBR6. Now all i have is the Mini. I love the mini, but i do miss the bikes :dontgetit:

Attached Files

#35 wolfys_mini

wolfys_mini

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,493 posts
  • Local Club: many!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:55 AM

first off i had a moto roma moped :D got em to work and back, got to college and back, wasnt fast, wasnt brilliant. but it did the job. sold that and bought a 125 when i was 17.

saw it on ebay, was a suzuki rg125, from knowledge i already had on bikes i knew it was something strange, it was un-faired. at this point i only knew of the faired version. turned out it was a rg125 wolf...how ironic! was low mileage (i think lol) painted in the blue/white of suzuki. it looked pretty straight. parted with £900 of my hard earnt pennies. had a ride on it before i took it home and yipeeeee! was so much fun!

got home and went down the trading estate and had a play, then if i fell off i wouldnt endanger anyone else bar myself, a common thing for me to do when i get a new toy. straight to the trading estate before the road lol. i was finding it hard not to stall it at first, after a bit of thought i pout it down to the bars being pointed down like the faired version. i changed them for some upright bars and some new brake hoses so the brakes were still connected. works out the clutch cable was buggered, quite how i cant remember. changed that and it was all good. put it in the shed and waited for my birthday to come round. got it out one day to clean the dirt off it and noticed the paint was C**p, it was house paint! another thing that happens with me is most new engine driven toys get painted pretty soon after being purchased. this was my first bit of bodywork, the tank was full of filler! knocked the filler out them pulled the dent out, took it back to bare metal and primed it. rubbed down the cowling on the rear and repaired a tiny crack. took it to a friend of dads to be painted, didnt fancy the blue/white anymore, so had a block red instead. shined up nicely!

pics!

how it started...

Posted Image

Posted Image

how it ended....

Posted Image

Posted Image]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

was a brilliant bike, a joy to ride and really reliable! would have it back in an instant!

;)

#36 Mini Man Dan

Mini Man Dan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:17 PM

Well I'm one step closer to getting my full license. I passed my theory test today :errr: I got 49 out of 50 on the multiple choice (43 is a pass). On the hazard perception I got 59 out of 75 (44 is a pass).

It was worrying how many people were coming out in tears!

#37 makka

makka

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:47 AM

we had one of these
Posted Image
and one of these
Posted Image
and one of these, but with a black and yellow seat and black MX guards
Posted Image

none of these pics are of the actual bikes, I dont really have any pics of the ones we had

#38 slyoldfox2001

slyoldfox2001

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:13 AM

heres my little toy

#39 andy_b

andy_b

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:55 PM

I'm fairly new but heres mine:

Posted Image

#40 benb12

benb12

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Local Club: Medway Mini Club

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:02 PM

Well, my dad has two bikes which I ride pillion on. Got a '98 Fireblade which we use for a 100 mile blast every now and then, and a '96 Suzuki Bandit which we use for doing 3000 mile tours round Europe. Although, shamefully, the bandit went in the garage last summer after returning from the continent, and hasn't been started since - or even cleaned. So now it's refusing to start, possibly fuel gone stale or something. And the battery is flat from trying to start it.

#41 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:01 PM

Well I'm one step closer to getting my full license. I passed my theory test today :) I got 49 out of 50 on the multiple choice (43 is a pass). On the hazard perception I got 59 out of 75 (44 is a pass).

It was worrying how many people were coming out in tears!

:(

Well done Dan,

Ever get that feeling that it wasn't as bad as you thought?, well keep that feeling because after your test it'll be deja vu?
Your instructor is always more strict than the examiner! :thumbsup:

Good luck

#42 Mandgands

Mandgands

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:19 PM

Done my CBT today, easy enough. Start on a 500 tomorrow, with my test on Friday!!

#43 Ru55boy

Ru55boy

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:31 PM

Done my CBT today, easy enough. Start on a 500 tomorrow, with my test on Friday!!

You're going to love it, good luck!

#44 BerkshireMini

BerkshireMini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:49 PM

Just managed to get myself a 2001 GSXR 600 :)

Will post pics up soon

#45 Mini Man Dan

Mini Man Dan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:31 PM

Sounds good! Let us all know how you get on!

I had my first lesson on a bike last Thursday, it was only in a small car park/yard but I really enjoyed it >_< I have got my CBT on Saturday and then my test is a week on Friday :shy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users