118 replies to this topic

#16 kcchan

kcchan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:03 PM

Hmmm, havent really thought about that one. Although Swift GTis are pretty hard to find these days so Im not sure if they would sell that well. Depending on how well the first one turns out I suppose theres no harm in making another. Hopefully Ill have one done but this time next week as a target.

Did you get your metro frame in the end? Whats it going in? Snot or another lucky mini you've found?

#17 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:23 PM

Nope not picked it up yet, as i didnt have access to a car i could fit it in, but if everything goes to plan ill be picking it up either today or tomorrow...

As for what car it goes in, well im not 100% sure yet, but it will either be in snot, or something different when iv got more funds lol.

#18 kcchan

kcchan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:54 PM

Haha its always the funds, thats whats majorly slowing me down. Bored of the 1380 already? lol

#19 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:06 PM

LOL nah not board of the 1380 yet, i never planned of having a 1380 in my mini haha, i was planning to go k-series over a year ago, but never had the funds to do the project, so now im going to build up the bits i need to complete the project, then when iv got them all ill do the conversion :D.

But im thinking of just saving up more moneys and buying something mini, but with alot less metal lol.

#20 timbo

timbo

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:08 PM

Hi there mate. Just wondering where you got the accoustic carpet from. I'm planning doing the same as what you have done and cover the reat seat bench with carpet instead of having seats in the back.

timbo

#21 kcchan

kcchan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:41 PM

To be honest the website I got it from was *rubbish*. I ordered the stuff, then about 15 days later it came and then they charged me which caused me to go over drawn. I can get the site if you want but I wouldnt recommend it. Although it was the only place I found that had it in a 5m roll.

Edited by kcchan, 28 August 2008 - 10:42 PM.

#22 kcchan

kcchan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:11 PM

This scares me abit >_< :
Posted Image

I quite like it there but others tell me it needs to go about a foot back and about half a foot up?:
Posted Image

Tried to start on the frame but I ran out of welding gas and I got a speck of metal in my eye. Luckily for me it was easy to get out but I've learned my lesson as it could easily have been worse.

Wear your goggles kids.

#23 kcchan

kcchan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:09 PM

Only very roughly in place:
Posted Image

As far as i got as I ran out of cutting discs:
Posted Image

Didnt get round to bracing the other side today.

#24 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:15 PM

Looks good mate :P quite a bit of progress was made there then, should have it done in no time lol. Good luck, keep up the good work.

#25 kcchan

kcchan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:19 PM

See its not too hard Tom.

Ive gunna weld soo much onto it because my welds arent amazing, it needs as much bracing as possible. Haa haa.

#26 superted87

superted87

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:01 AM

Hi

before you make a mistake on your frame mate i would take a look at the frame that ed4ran used in Olive or Pandora in the front. You should be having bulkhead clearance issues with your manifold and you should be only just able to tuck the cam belt cover under the driver side wing. keep checking the fit of your wings as you dont want it all to go pete tong.

Without wanting to rip anyones ideas off i have attached the best frames from this site that i have found and this way you know they work.

do with them as you will.

Attached Files

#27 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:21 AM

Hi

before you make a mistake on your frame mate i would take a look at the frame that ed4ran used in Olive or Pandora in the front. You should be having bulkhead clearance issues with your manifold and you should be only just able to tuck the cam belt cover under the driver side wing. keep checking the fit of your wings as you dont want it all to go pete tong.

Without wanting to rip anyones ideas off i have attached the best frames from this site that i have found and this way you know they work.

do with them as you will.

When i was round kcchan's the other day i had a look at this and he has had to mod the bulkhead, so looks like his frame is going good :o

Keep up the good work make, ill bring the hoist back round to you as soon as i have use of the punto.

#28 kcchan

kcchan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:49 AM

Yea thanks for the concern Superted but as Tom said it has been moved back and the bulkhead has been modded. The only problem at the moment is that I dont have a front end to check clearances with so the position isnt final yet.

I have been on 16vminiclub and believe me I have about 60 pics of various frames saved on my laptop lol.

Not really got much done since the last update to be honest. Need to get a job as Im skint at the moment, so I cant afford anything.

#29 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 04:42 PM

Yea thanks for the concern Superted but as Tom said it has been moved back and the bulkhead has been modded. The only problem at the moment is that I dont have a front end to check clearances with so the position isnt final yet.

I have been on 16vminiclub and believe me I have about 60 pics of various frames saved on my laptop lol.

Not really got much done since the last update to be honest. Need to get a job as Im skint at the moment, so I cant afford anything.

Sounds a bit like me, but iv gone a bit more extreme, iv just checked and iv got just under 200 pics of differnt peoples k-series frames saved on my laptop haha.

I really want to start the conversion now, but ill get my new project sorted first haha.

I have been speaking to some people though and i might be being given a 1.6 k-series lump for free :o, iv already got linkages, gearbox, etc... lol

im going to have to get myself another welded once i have the minus done though as i sold mine to help fund the minus lol, atleast iv got all the money for it now :dontgetit:

I cant wait to see this done, shotgun a passanger rid <_<

#30 kcchan

kcchan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 05:16 PM

It could take quite a while though Tom haahaa. I need to get a job so i can buy stuff that I need so progress will slow right down soon. I plan on doing the BH2N next year though so as long as its finished by then I dont mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users