toplessmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Local Club: none on the island....

Posted 21 April 2020 - 04:43 PM

Another New Product ;-)

The first of 2 Speaker Pod related ones...

Speaker Spacers
A product developed due to popular demand and designed to enable the installation of 6.5" or 6"x9" speakers on the Mini parcel shelf, within the standard 13.5cm factory cut holes. The spaces work by raising your speakers off the parcel shelf, which allows the speaker cone to sit within the standard factory cut holes - simply select the desired depth whilst choosing your trim (1.8cm or 3.6cm).

Only standard MK5 (onwards) Mini's have factory cut 13.5cm holes on the parcel shelf, older Mini’s (Mk1 to Mk4 – prior Mk5/1990) do not have these 13.5cm factory cut speaker holes on the rear shelf.

SpeakerSpacers1-1.jpg
Click the image above to be re-directed to the Optimise Automotive website.
SpeakerSpacers-InCar.jpg

Please Note We cannot guarantee that our Speaker Spaces range will raise all makes and models of 6.5" and 6"x9" speakers enough to fit within the standard holes. As a result, please check to make sure that your speaker cones fit into the holes on your parcel shelf, within a maximum mounting depth of at 3.6cm (see the diagram below for help).
ParcelShelfSpacesDiagram.jpg
The maximum mounting depth of 3.6cm is measured from the to surface of the parcel shelf to the underneath of the mounting gasket (the thing you screw through to attach the speaker).
SpeakerSpacers-KitForm.jpg
The spacers are secured to the desired location using the M4 bolts & lock nuts provided. Please see "Installation Information" below for details.

from £9.99 (Pair)

Are you still making these speaker pods / spacers? I've just been on your site and cannot find them on there?

#602 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 07:49 PM

Are you still making these speaker pods / spacers? I've just been on your site and cannot find them on there?

Wow that's certainly a blast from the past (a post revival from over 10 years ago).

I'm afraid we don't offer them any more - we dropped them from the product range years ago (quite simply, we didn't sell any).

Kind regards,
Andy @ Optimise Automotive

#603 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 12:31 PM

Unfortunately, we don’t have anything new to tell you and in light of the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and the latest guidance from the UK Government, production remains suspended and Optimise HQ is still shut.

We are hoping (fingers crossed) to be reopening production and Optimise HQ in early June - reading between the lines, it appears that the government have earmarked week commencing June 1st for things to open up a bit (with lockdown restrictions being eased). Obviously we have actually have no idea though and this an educated guess, as soon as we have any news we will let you know. 

Product Range Orders:
At this moment in time, we do to know when we will be reopening production. If you are are willing and/or able to wait please place the order, you can be rest assured that we will manufacture and dispatch your order as soon as we can, once production has resumed.

Bespoke Projects:
With regards to our current schedule of bespoke work, we are still taking bookings and first available start dates (for larger bespoke projects) are now around week commencing week 15 and around week 4 (for smaller bespoke projects), when we reopen production. If you are looking to book any bespoke work in, we recommend getting in touch ASAP - we don’t want anyone to miss out.

Please also be advised that all of our non-production operations are continuing as normal and I will be working remotely, you can contact me (Andy) throughout this via email:

[email protected]

As before, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding and support as we all deal with this unprecedented situation.

We’ll be back producing interiors ASAP - stay safe, stay at home, take care of each other and we look forward to seeing you all on the other side.

Kind regards,
Andy & the Optimise Automotive team

#604 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:08 PM

20200601.JPG 20200602.JPG 20200603.JPG

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update...

Great news, we are back doing what we do best - we reopened Optimise HQ on Tuesday 2nd June and production resumed on Monday 8th June.

It’s great to be back, it still feels very bizarre that we ever ceased production and getting used to this “new normal” will take a bit of time - but, pretty much everything is running as usual here at Optimise HQ and we have managed to hit the ground running (so far, so good).

Visit’s to Optimise HQ are strictly visit by appointment only at the moment and you will be given instructions (via email) when you arrange an appointment with regards to the procedures we have implemented to ensure your safety when you visit Optimise HQ.

We are still in the process of finalising our current work schedule and if you have a bespoke project booked in please be patient - if we haven’t already, we will be in touch to confirm your new estimated start date and lead time ASAP.

With regards to current lead times:

Product Range Orders:

Annoyingly, we are unable to give accurate lead time estimates at this moment in time - following our closed period we have the biggest backlog of orders that we have ever had and we don’t really know how long it will take to get everything back to normal (obviously like everyone else, we’ve never been in this situation before).

We closed production week commencing 6th April 2020 and we will be working through the backlog of orders, in the order that they were placed. Orders usually take between 1 week and 2 weeks to manufacture & dispatch (once we have started the order), so you will be able to work out when we will likely be manufacturing your order, by adding how many weeks after our production closure you placed the order, to week commencing 8th June (when we reopened production).

e.g: An order placed on 20/04/2020 (within week 3 of our production closure), will likely be manufactured week commencing 22/06/2020 (week 3 after production reopened).

Bespoke Projects:

With regards to our current schedule of bespoke work, first available start dates (for larger bespoke projects) are now around the middle of September and around the end of august (for smaller bespoke projects). If you are looking to book any bespoke work in, we recommend getting in touch ASAP - we don’t want anyone to miss out.

As before, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding and support as we all deal with this unprecedented situation. As mentioned above - it’s great to be back and it’s great to be looking ahead to a positive future.

20200604.JPG 20200605.JPG 20200606.JPG

Have a great day.

Kind regards,

#605 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:54 AM

20200701.JPG 20200702.JPG

We are well & truly back...

I think it’s fair to say WE ARE BACK and this months news update feels like the ideal time to say thank you to each and every one of you, for your patience and support throughout the past 3 months. 

This business literally means everything to me and after all the uncertainty I couldn’t be happier, back doing what I love, with Jack and John... what an awesome team I have here, I doff my hat (sorry I don’t have a hat) to the beautiful future.

20200707.jpg

Product Range Orders:

As a result of the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation Optimise HQ reopened on Tuesday 2nd June and production reopening on Monday 8th June.

Annoyingly, we are unable to give accurate lead time estimates at this moment in time - following our closed period we have the biggest backlog of orders that we have ever had and we don’t really know how long it will take to get everything back to normal (obviously like everyone else, we’ve never been in this situation before). We believe our lead times are currently between 6 and 9 weeks, but to be honest that is a bit of a guess - it might be less, it might be more.

If you are are willing and/or able to wait, please be rest assured that we will manufacture & dispatch your order as soon as we can.

Bespoke Projects:

With regards to our current schedule of bespoke work, first available start dates (for any bespoke order) are now around the middle of October. If you are looking to book any bespoke work in, we recommend getting in touch ASAP - we don’t want anyone to miss out on those all important winter project time slots.

As before (and as I have already mentioned), I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding and support as we all deal with this unprecedented situation.

It’s great to be back and it’s great to be looking ahead to a positive future.

20200704.JPG 20200705.JPG 20200706.JPG

Have a great day.

Kind regards,

#606 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 08:38 PM

20200701.jpg 20200702.jpg 20200703.jpg

Andy here, quite frankly things are a bit busy here at the moment and finding the time to sort things like Newsletters out is near impossible. It’s late Tuesday evening as I write this, having just got home for the day and had my dinner, I finally find myself sitting on the sofa with a free 30 mins or so… for the first time in, well I don’t really remember.

I can’t quite get over whats happening at the moment here at Optimise, in a time of doom and gloom we appear to have bloomed - we’ve never been busier, we’ve never been as booked up. In a time of apparent hardship for business, we are seeing the opposite.

If I had the time, I’d personally thank each and every one of you, your support (and continued bookings) throughout this uncertain time is greatly appreciated.

This was meant to be a year of growth here at Optimise, as we continue our move into the wonderful world of VW Transporters we had hoped to take on a couple of new members to the team and also start the hunt for a new HQ (we’ve sadly outgrown out Winpenny Road home).

Covid-19 obviously put a big brick wall in front of these plans and lockdown was all about damage control and adapting to an uncertain period that apparently lay ahead for business.

However, I find myself 12 weeks after we reopened again thinking of the future (rather than damage control), it’s hard not to when we have such an enormous amount of work booked in.

This business literally means everything to me, I really can’t get over how, in such an unprecedented terrible time, we find ourselves busier than ever.

Thank you.

20200704.jpg 20200705.jpg 20200706.jpg

Product Range Orders:

Annoyingly, we are unable to give accurate lead time estimates at this moment in time - following our closed period we have the biggest backlog of orders that we have ever had and we don’t really know how long it will take to get everything back to normal (obviously like everyone else, we’ve never been in this situation before). We believe our lead times are currently between 8 and 12 weeks, but to be honest that is a bit of a guess - it might be less (we hope it’s less), it might be more.

Just to let you know and to give you an idea of where we are up to (with the backlog), all orders placed on or before Sunday 7th June 2020 have been dispatched.

We are hoping to get our lead times (across our product ranges) considerable down over the coming month.

Bespoke Projects:

With regards to our current schedule of bespoke work, first available start dates (for any bespoke order) are now into the New Year (end of January/beginning of February). If you are looking to book any bespoke work in, we recommend getting in touch ASAP - we don’t want anyone to miss out on those all important winter project time slots.

Have a great day.

Kind regards,

#607 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:36 PM

20200901.jpg 20200902.jpg 20200903.jpg

Following lockdown we have the biggest backlog of orders that we have ever had and it has sadly got to the point when our lead times are (in the eyes of many customers) unacceptable.

Since production reopened on Monday June 8th we have been working hard to try and reduce our lead times and although we are starting to get back on top of everything, our lead times remain around 8 to 12 weeks.

The only way that we can reduce our lead times is if I (Andy) get considerably more time in the workshops (to help out Jack & John) than I’m getting at the moment and regrettably, the only way that I can get sufficient time in the workshop is if we close the office.

Reluctantly, this means that our office will now be closed until our lead times (across our standard product ranges) are down to around 4 to 6 weeks.

This decision has been made with you (our customers) in mind, as we are receiving an extremely high number of emails and phone calls on a daily basis from customers, chasing up orders. Please be rest assured that we are doing everything we can to adapt to the current situation - or in other words, coming up with our “new normal”.

Quite simply, we do not have the resources (we are a small team of 3), to continue to operate as normal (pre Covid-19 normal) and also reduce our lead times. Just to let you know, a 4 to 6 week lead time is normal for us (pre Covid-19 normal) and it is an acceptable lead time that keeps our customers happy.

We obviously need to reduce our lead times and we do not see any other way of being able to reduce them, without closing the office - as this is the only way we can get more hours (my time), each week in the workshops, manufacturing and dispatching orders.

We accept that closing the office is a drastic measure and we accept that not everyone will be happy about it. However, we don’t see any alternative if you (our customers) are unable to accept our current lead times as our “new normal” (if we don’t get them down, 8 to 12 weeks will be our “new normal” forever).

I would like to say thank you to the majority, who have been (and remain) accepting of the current situation.

Moving forward, until we reopen the office:

• Emails will be responded to once a week (I will likely empty the inbox every Monday afternoon).
  • Answer phone messages will be responded to if considered urgent, daily.
  • Alternatively, we will respond to non-urgent answer phone messages once a week (again, likely on a Monday afternoon).
  • If we need to contact you (about a current order), we still will (so please do not worry about that).

Have a great day.

Kind regards,

20200904.jpg 20200905.jpg 20200906.jpg

#608 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 05:16 PM

20201001.JPG 20201002.JPG 20201003.JPG

Following last months decision to close the office and concentrate all of our resources on getting our lead times (across our standard product ranges) down to “pre-Covid19” normal, I have nothing but good news to report.

Quite simply, closing the office has allowed us to massively reduce our lead times.

So where are we right now I hear you ask… well, as it stands, as I write this, we have managed to get our lead times down from upwards of 12 weeks to around 5 to 6 weeks. Plus, with the continued efforts in the workshop we anticipate that everything will be back to normal (pre-Covid19 normal, if anyone remembers what that was like?) within the next month.

I best also point out that bookings for bespoke work are near enough into March 2021 now, so if you are looking for anything bespoke, any time soon, please make sure you get in touch ASAP, to book in those all important winter/spring projects.

Moving forward (as before), the office remains closed and will likely remain closed until the beginning of November.

Until we reopen the office:

• Emails will be responded to once a week (I will try and empty the inbox every Monday).
  • Answer phone messages will be responded to if considered urgent, daily.
  • Alternatively, we will respond to non-urgent answer phone messages once a week (again, likely on a Monday).
  • If we need to contact you (about a current order), we still will (so please do not worry about that).

And again, I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding and support as we all deal with this unprecedented situation.

Have a great day.

Kind regards,

20201004.JPG 20201005.JPG 20201006.JPG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares