#31 lewis

lewis

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:10 AM

wow when you said you had photos i didnt expect that! this looks like it will be an epic build :P

quick question, is your steering wheel boss a weld on type? i think i saw similiar on ebay and was thinking about purchasing it

lewis

#32 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:05 AM

wow when you said you had photos i didnt expect that! this looks like it will be an epic build :P

quick question, is your steering wheel boss a weld on type? i think i saw similiar on ebay and was thinking about purchasing it

lewis

Yeah it is a weld on type. The smaller weld on sleeve it comes with fits perfectly on any steering column end over the splines all except he MPI steering column which is too small, i know this as i will be using an MPI one so i will have to make a sleeve. I'm glad you like my stuff :genius: Regards Blue

#33 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:40 PM

Got a package today for the engine bay.

Opened it to find a beautifully machined V-belt pulley wheel for the water pump from KAD.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 fasteddie84

fasteddie84

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:28 PM

Fantastic project.

Would be interested in how much you are spending in total...

Also, can't wait to see the car finished as I am really interested what those wheels will look like. You keep the car that colour?

#35 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:41 PM

Fantastic project.

Would be interested in how much you are spending in total...

Also, can't wait to see the car finished as I am really interested what those wheels will look like. You keep the car that colour?

How rude! I don't want to say how much i am spending.

No the car isn't going to be that colour it is vile. It's going to be a lotus colour one of the metallic greys.

#36 fasteddie84

fasteddie84

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:07 AM

Sorry but about to start my own project and concerned about the costs and not being able to recover them when I come to sell it.

Sounds good, can't wait to see the finished project. Good luck.

#37 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:35 AM

Sorry but about to start my own project and concerned about the costs and not being able to recover them when I come to sell it.

Sounds good, can't wait to see the finished project. Good luck.

oh o.k then well everything i am buying now i intend to last as i don't want to sell this one. I have put hours of work into it already fibreglassing parts such as the back window which some idiot i got it off had cut it to big so the windows had gaps between the body and the seal! Also the door frames i've had to sand out and rebuild up because i have changed the bottom of the doors, the inside i have reinforced and gutted taking out the rear seat and plywood parcel shelf. The list of thing i have done and intend to do is huge and i don't think i could ever make myself sell it! I do sell parts however but only to upgrade them.
To be honest you can buy a mini that is in a half descent for around £2000 and then you can style it how you like as each to their own, but anything you change or luxuries you want will always cost lots of money, but if you intend to make an investment of it one day in the future when there will be even less of them on the road the price of yours will go up as long as you look after it :thumbsup: I know there are always some practicality issues with a mini but i simply don't care it has been a car i've wanted for most of my younger life!
Sorry for going off on one but i am really passionate about my car and take pride. Regards Blue

#38 charie t

charie t

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Local Club: wreake mini wanderers

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:14 AM

You'll never recover the costs, if you dont go buying things you dont need, you'll be in a better position though

#39 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:44 PM

Received my new windows last week. I decided that i wanted to use margard windows as they are scratch resistant and user friendly. So i now have some standard polycarbonate windows up for grabs if people are interested they have never been fitted and are brand new but rough cut still. Anyway these are what i received in the post:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 malcs_miniturbo

malcs_miniturbo

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:17 PM

some nice parts mate cant wait till mine is done

#41 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:26 PM

some nice parts mate cant wait till mine is done

Me either i should crack on with it properly just as soon as i leave uni in June and also have my Titanium bits and a few extra bits coupled with help from my brother! Thank-you for the nice comments for my pieces and shell and stuff :) Regards to all Blue

#42 andy pandy

andy pandy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:45 PM

you seem to be switched on in regards of quality of final build by sourcing the right bits n bobs now not wanting to change them after car is built :) cheers andy

#43 vkalo

vkalo

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:00 PM

please stop posting photos! your making me cry from jealousy!
:thumbsup: ;)

It all looks so so sweeeeeet!!!

#44 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:45 PM

please stop posting photos! your making me cry from jealousy!
:thumbsup: ;)

It all looks so so sweeeeeet!!!

sorry but if you want a project that will last an eternity you can spare no expense and use the best parts available to you :- Thank-you for the nice comment. Regards Blue

#45 munkey26

munkey26

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:19 PM

Are you going to have to get an SVA test and will it need to be registered as Q plate when you've finished?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users