377 replies to this topic

#61 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:21 PM

oh well i haven't finished with those completely yet as i still need to drill the holes in them. I've also got the original spacers which i treated as-well but i am yet to make them up. I was going to put them on ebay once i've finished with them and i know my replicas fit properly :thumbsup: They are hard to come by as they were made by the people that made the minus' originally! There is a bottom spreader plate with several bends, a top spreader plate and a spacer with three holes in. Alot of the minus' i have seen haven't got them anymore either they have been discarded or because they have had z-car bits put on they are not needed anymore but they are quite crucial if you don't want your subframe coming through your bulk head :thumbsup: Regards Blue

#62 jonny f

jonny f

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Local Club: Boxhill Mini Club

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:41 AM

Ok no worries! Just give me a shout when you do sell them as itwouls be nice to have an original set to work from.

#63 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:42 AM

Ok no worries! Just give me a shout when you do sell them as itwouls be nice to have an original set to work from.

Sure thats fine jonny. Regards Blue

#64 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:44 PM

Been quite on this for a while but i've received something to make all you mini lovers salivate ;)
Received in the post this morning after waiting to many months i bring to you my new TITANIUM REAR BEAM, TITANIUM RADIUS ARMS and TITANIUM FRONT TOP ARMS :D
and now without further adieu :
BEAM-
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
TOP ARMS-
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
RADIUS ARMS-
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

So all in all my car will way as much as a handbag :closed:

#65 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:45 PM

A little less exciting but just as crucial my new twin brake master cylinder from a metro it will need to be adapted on the base via drilling and will need an adaptor welded on for the brake pedal connection. A bit more effort than a straight yellow tag swap but as i found out a yellow tag does not fit under a minus and this one does:)
Posted Image
Posted Image
And next to the clutch master cylinder:-
Posted Image
Posted Image

Hope everyone likes my up date. I sure as hell have :D
Regards Blue

#66 jonny f

jonny f

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Local Club: Boxhill Mini Club

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:49 PM

Looks like an expensive update there Blue!

You tried the rear beam up for fitment yet and are you going to paint the ti bits?

Jonny

Edited by jonny f, 25 January 2011 - 03:49 PM.

#67 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:45 PM

*DROOL!*

#68 Tupers

Tupers

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:23 PM

Those Force bits look wicked, this is gunna be one light car. :)

#69 spaceframemini

spaceframemini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Local Club: Durham mini club

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:09 PM

the titanium parts look amazing

andy

#70 R.S.P

R.S.P

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Local Club: Durham mini club

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:33 PM

Titanium mmmmmmm the only problem with force racing is trying to keep your money in your pocket, nice expensive update.

So are you going for the hubs and front subframe to match?

#71 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:19 AM

Looks like an expensive update there Blue!

You tried the rear beam up for fitment yet and are you going to paint the ti bits?

Jonny

Hey jonny,
Haven't tried the beam for fitment yet although i'm aching to i haven't got time to just yet as i'm at a crucial stage in work at uni >_<
I don't think i want to paint them actually as i like the look of the shiney weld + if the paint gets chipped it instantly looks out of place and would require more maintenance! I have bought these parts to last though and i am really happy with the quality:)
Regards Blue

#72 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:33 AM

Titanium mmmmmmm the only problem with force racing is trying to keep your money in your pocket, nice expensive update.

So are you going for the hubs and front subframe to match?

Not going to go for the hubs as they are too much money and i could get aluminium ones which would be half the price if i really wanted but i'm o.k for the moment (maybe in the future) As for the subframe i am going to use the normal one for now as i am using an MPI but after my MPI dies of natural causes i want to cut the subframe up and turn it into a 2.0L 8v Vauxhall frame that retains all the mini suspension set-up (me and my brother have done one before but he had to sell it due to having a baby and building a house). Once the frame is built i have had words with Carl (force racing) about possibilities of replicating it in Titanium, but that is very far down the line >_< As for the price of the parts they were expensive yes but worth every penny and because i ordered quite a few things i had quite a bit of money nocked off as a deal ( £420 >_< ). The price though reflects the quality its not as if i got one item as-well i got all my front suspension setup and all my rear suspension setup.

Regards Blue

#73 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:34 AM

Just want to say thank-you everyone for their nice comments >_< I like that people are enjoying my build blog.
Regards Blue

#74 Mini Mad Drakeley

Mini Mad Drakeley

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Local Club: south down mini owners club

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:56 PM

im speechless, cant think of anything to justify this thread :D i wish i had the funds for my next project already lmao, im watching this now, it will be epic when its done :)

#75 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:13 AM

im speechless, cant think of anything to justify this thread :D i wish i had the funds for my next project already lmao, im watching this now, it will be epic when its done :)

Thank-you very much Drakeley. I am pouring my heart and soul (and bank account) into this build. I just want a car that is specifically tailored for me :D
Regards Blue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users