#1 mattdc2r

mattdc2r

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:02 AM

I know the forum is mostly classic (real) mini's, but with so many classic owners also owner the Bini, how about a seperate section within TMF for it?

Don't know if this has been mentioned before.

#2 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:07 AM

Well thats what Mini2 is for, I think it should stay as it is pureley classic ................ :)

#3 mattdc2r

mattdc2r

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:11 AM

But some people don't want to sign up to other forums when this one is generally the best :)

Of all the different forums i have been on over the years with various cars, this one is without a doubt the best. OK, you get the occasional arrogant ******* / keyboard ninja, but if ever i've had a question be it technical or not, there has always been someone about to offer good (usually) advice.

#4 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:15 AM

Well thats what Mini2 is for, I think it should stay as it is pureley classic ................ :)

Well said.

#5 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:24 AM

this the a forum for all minis although more bias towards classic

why are you trying to drive a wedge between owners and wanting a separate section,any BMW questions or topics can be asked in the sections we have already

#6 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,778 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:37 AM

It would be a good idea to have a seperate area at least for the technical side of new MINI,s as it would be easier for people to find answers, search or ask questions.............it sometimes gets confusing for both sides, especially when first time posters don't make it clear they are asking about a new MINI rather than a classic Mini related problem.
Seperate small new MINI area works well on other forums like Mini Cooper Register:
http://forum.minicooper.org/

I have quite a bit of useful MINI technical info I could post on TMF in a seperate area (some maybe as stickys/pinned topics) but I can't at present because it would just annoy or clutter up and confuse the classic Mini sections, therefore I normally direct owners to my posts on MCR forum or TotalMini instead.

Edited by mab01uk, 23 December 2010 - 09:42 AM.

#7 wainesworld

wainesworld

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:47 AM

Good idea mate which I would support however so many small minded people on here with the "its a classic mini forum so thats all it should be for" mentality. So cant see it happening.

#8 mattdc2r

mattdc2r

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:37 AM

I wasn't trying to drive a wedge. It's just that on occasion if people ask questions on the BMW mini the thread goes to rat ******* and then gets closed. That is all. Just like there are seperate areas for vauxhall engine and suzuki engine minis.

Edited by mattdc2r, 23 December 2010 - 10:39 AM.

#9 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:56 AM

Don't know if this has been mentioned before.

It has & fairly recently too!! See This Thread

#10 tuktuk

tuktuk

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • Local Club: Tynemouth Mini Club

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:59 AM

the mods wouldnt be able to keep up with how fast all the threads would need closing

it would be good but there are a few new mini forums where you are more likely to get more up to date tech info

Edited by tuktuk, 23 December 2010 - 11:00 AM.

#11 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,778 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:06 AM

Why the problem with this idea?..............if someone is not interested in anything to do with MINI's it actually makes it much easier for them to avoid any topics on them. There are plenty of sections of TMF I personally never or rarely visit because they are not of interest to me, or as in the technical section there are more than enough people ready and willing to help without me pitching in!

#12 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,778 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:14 AM

the mods wouldnt be able to keep up with how fast all the threads would need closing

It should be easier for the mods to deal with the deliberate trouble stirrers because they would have no reason to have posted in the MINI section?

Edited by mab01uk, 23 December 2010 - 11:15 AM.

#13 maggies_minder

maggies_minder

TMFs New official Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield mini club

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:18 AM

with the difference in the amount of new MINIS on the road compared to old Minis,
how long would it be before the new MINI section outgrew the original?

after all this is at the top of the page when you google mini forum...

#14 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:19 AM

I wasn't trying to drive a wedge. It's just that on occasion if people ask questions on the BMW mini the thread goes to rat ******* and then gets closed. That is all. Just like there are seperate areas for vauxhall engine and suzuki engine minis.

if your finding topics getting taken over with i hate BMW comments report them and they will be removed

#15 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,778 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:34 AM

if your finding topics getting taken over with i hate BMW comments report them and they will be removed

or more often topic is just closed for all involved..........no matter who may originally have been in the wrong or delibrately stirring up the trouble with random comments. Mind you most new MINI discussions have become more balanced and lasted longer before being closed on TMF recently!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users