#16 dave585

dave585

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Local Club: Carry on mini'in

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:35 AM

it would be a very good idea as many new people with the MINI come on here and get shot down and to me is not a good first impression of a great forum which it is. Totalmini has a classic section with in it and a lot of new MINI owners helping classic owners with their questions without the fear of being shot down or being made unwelcome that does happen a lot and puts people off, i know a few people no longer using this forum because of it and 90% are classic owners. lets do something that will help the great mini family go on for years.

#17 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:59 AM

I know the forum is mostly classic (real) mini's, but with so many classic owners also owner the Bini, how about a seperate section within TMF for it?

Don't know if this has been mentioned before.

I own an Audi, and know a few classic mini owners who also own Audis, but I dont want an Audi section on TMF. thats what the Audi forums are for.
TMF for Classics, Mini2 for BMW Minis :)

#18 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:58 PM

I own an Audi, and know a few classic mini owners who also own Audis, but I dont want an Audi section on TMF. thats what the Audi forums are for.

I would expect most Audi forums have recently added a section for the new A1, even though it is a newly launched model based on the VW Polo and will continue to do so as new models are launched?

(Mini2 does have a small classic Mini section but you have to be a member to see it)

#19 Jacko-lah

Jacko-lah

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Local Club: Derbyshire Classic Mini OC

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:18 PM

I know the forum is mostly classic (real) mini's, but with so many classic owners also owner the Bini, how about a seperate section within TMF for it?

Don't know if this has been mentioned before.

I am a member of the Vauxhall Owners Network, which used to be CAVWEB, as I had both mk2 and mk3 cavaliers. Then I was a member of mk2cav.com for aboutb 5 years, before I finally got rid of the SRi obsession, but I've found a highly select group called www.cavmk3oc.com, where I can get and offer mk3 cavalier advice.

I attempted to join the cavalier turbo forum, because I wouldn't mind one, but the admin (dick or tom, or harry but definately head) blocked me because I didn't have one and I'd said I was torn between a turbo and a V6.

I'm agreeing with you. Go to where the best information is.

#20 xBR4DLEY

xBR4DLEY

>>mine's still gay<<

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:26 PM

The BMW MINI

TMF is BMW MINI tolerant and posts that are in any way offensive towards owners of BMW MINI's will be removed and the forum member will be warned. Continual disregarding of this will result in further action being taken.

TMF however is focused on the Classic Mini, therefore it is appropriate to direct any technical advice on BMW MINI's to a more relevant forum if you cannot answer the question. Below is a link to MINI2 - an online community dedicated to the BMW MINI

MINI2

The above taken from our rules and regulations

;o BLUEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#21 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:14 PM

hmm
plenty of MINI forums
such as MINI2, bimmerforums.com/ etc.
MINI people are welcome, its just mainly a mini forum
so technical advice is lacking

and a few members despise the larger german bmw mini which is fine, freedom of speech and that
and some members have both

but i think no we shouldnt have a bini chat
as theyre not really that small and most members dont really have an intrest in them
and if they did would join a BIG MINI forum to chat about them there

C&P'ed from another section

#22 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:16 PM

The BMW MINI

TMF is BMW MINI tolerant and posts that are in any way offensive towards owners of BMW MINI's will be removed and the forum member will be warned. Continual disregarding of this will result in further action being taken.

TMF however is focused on the Classic Mini, therefore it is appropriate to direct any technical advice on BMW MINI's to a more relevant forum if you cannot answer the question. Below is a link to MINI2 - an online community dedicated to the BMW MINI

MINI2

The above taken from our rules and regulations

Well said Dan. We should all be tolerant to Bini owners, but they must realise that this is a classic mini forum.

#23 Mini Mad Drakeley

Mini Mad Drakeley

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Local Club: south down mini owners club

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:34 PM

as has been said so far but to me the bmw mini is just a normal everyday car cus it just lacks the character of the classic mini, but i dont know what some people have against them, im learning to drive in a bmw mini cooper D and it drives very well as far as i can tell but i havent drove any other cars to compare against lol and the designers did try to keep some of the original designs and features but this is a mainly classic mini forum and most of us dont know much bout the new minis so we wont exactly be able to help with problems etc but i have no problem with new mini owners joining and contributing but its more advisable to join forums specificaly for new minis

#24 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:16 PM

i drove a cooper d and it was rubbish -.-
also had a go in a mates JCW tuned and all that, still didnt like it (very quick though!)

but the main issue is thats its called a mini and its massive
bigger than my rover, pug 107, a 106, audis etc.

its German, and minis English heritage - the war etc. - BMW R75 motorbike, 801 aircarft engine etc.

and was it not ironic that John Cooper himself Rest in peace died just as BMW
took his name and plastered it on a car four times the size of a proper mini
although they did have a small role ie. handling

other than these issues i dont really have a problem with them

#25 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:23 PM

Absolutely nothing wrong with the BMW Mini...or the Toyota Yaris, the Audi A1 or a host of other cars, but TMF is a classic mini forum. If you want to discuss anyother car than the classic mini, go to a forum that deals with that car. If you want to discuss matters relating to the classic mini, you are welcome no matter what car you drive, just please do not try to foist anyother car on us.....simples!

#26 littlemissmagic

littlemissmagic

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:07 PM

I dont think there should be a seperate BINI section, as people have said, there are other forums for that.

i like that this forum is for the classic mini, alot of New mini forums dont have a seperate section for classic minis and they wouldnt even exist if not for the classic!

Edited by littlemissmagic, 23 December 2010 - 08:22 PM.

#27 xBR4DLEY

xBR4DLEY

>>mine's still gay<<

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:10 PM

I understand what many of you are saying , but theminiforum sounds like a forum for "Minis" , it doesnt say which and then BMW is still a MINI? We dont have technical knowledge etc but its not that easy for new members to know what kind of forum it is for , classic or new. I know there is a banner at the top that has a classic and they could just look through a few topics , but when you first join a forum you dont do that.

#28 dave585

dave585

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:18 PM

i drove a cooper d and it was rubbish -.-
also had a go in a mates JCW tuned and all that, still didnt like it (very quick though!)

but the main issue is thats its called a mini and its massive
bigger than my rover, pug 107, a 106, audis etc.

its German, and minis English heritage - the war etc. - BMW R75 motorbike, 801 aircarft engine etc.

and was it not ironic that John Cooper himself Rest in peace died just as BMW
took his name and plastered it on a car four times the size of a proper mini
although they did have a small role ie. handling

other than these issues i dont really have a problem with them

A little note on your comment, John Cooper and his son were both working with MINI from the start. They helped developed both the Cooper and the works versions of the car itself. MINI now own the Cooper company after Mike Cooper sold it to them. He now works on designing and producing tuning and aftermarket products for MINI.
I do wish people get their details right!

#29 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

Who really cares who was working on the MINI? It was not Alec Issigonis!

Edited by Scallywag630, 23 December 2010 - 08:29 PM.

#30 dave585

dave585

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

Any way this turning in to a anti MINI thread again! Can we get back on topic. Many people after a mini forum but it classic or new type in google and the first one to appear is TMF which they think is for all as the headline banner says "online guide to everything mini" may be it should have "online guide to everything classic mini" or change it TCMF there for MINI owners would go else where and people who have both can join here to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users