• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Local Club: I ride alone

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

so far I've been told I'm doing everything wrong :/

Who's been saying that? To me it all looks like good work. :thumbsup:
family, mates, people at work :/
but cheers mate :D

Edited by the_samkingdon15, 16 November 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#32 Rocket.

Rocket.

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

Nice project

#33 the_samkingdon15

the_samkingdon15

formally known as samkingd0n

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:09 AM

Nice project

thanks buddy

#34 Archived4

Archived4

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

I can't see anything wrong. I'd personally do it in a different order, and do welding before paint prep, but it aint exactly a biggie is it lol Restored parts look nice too

#35 the_samkingdon15

the_samkingdon15

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

I can't see anything wrong. I'd personally do it in a different order, and do welding before paint prep, but it aint exactly a biggie is it lol Restored parts look nice too

I would do it that way too, but because the car is in a garage I'm not legally aloud to use the grinder or welder until I'm 16.. and I can't wait until February to start the car so part work it is :D

#36 HarrysMini

HarrysMini

I do not have short legs!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

Looking good.
That rough finish left by the sanding will be an excellent key for the primer, so it should adhere really well :-)

cheers mate.. I really appreciate it..

Haha, I think you have to just get used to that. I get told that as well...

I'm just doing my own thing, who cares what other people think? It's not their car!   :D

It doesn't matter really if you sand before welding, at least then you can see exactly what metal is still solid before cutting it up :-)

Edited by HarrysMini, 17 November 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#37 the_samkingdon15

the_samkingdon15

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

Looking good.
That rough finish left by the sanding will be an excellent key for the primer, so it should adhere really well :-)

Haha, I think you have to just get used to that. I get told that as well...

I'm just doing my own thing, who cares what other people think? It's not their car!   :D

It doesn't matter really if you sand before welding, at least then you can see exactly what metal is still solid before cutting it up :-)

exactly.. if I ******* up I deal with it :)
and yeah, that's why I did the scuttle.. I gotta buy the repair panned a for it instead of the whole thing :D RESULT

#38 minimk1

minimk1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • Local Club: a's of herts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

I would do it that way too, but because the car is in a garage I'm not legally aloud to use the grinder or welder until I'm 16.. and I can't wait until February to start the car so part work it is :D

Mm the legal part isn't to much of a biggie I was 13 when I first started using a grinder and them started welding a few months later hahahah i think it only matters if you have an accident but people still play GTA under age right ?

#39 minimk1

minimk1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • Local Club: a's of herts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

Oh forgot to say I was going to do the car in the same order as you are as I was going to get it welded once I had done but then I got distracted with the welder and roll cage and mk1 conversions haha

#40 Archived4

Archived4

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

Iirc his car is in his parents garage (e.g a car garage people put their cars in) so presumeably health and safety will restrict what he can do.

#41 the_samkingdon15

the_samkingdon15

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

Iirc his car is in his parents garage (e.g a car garage people put their cars in) so presumeably health and safety will restrict what he can do.

yeah, i was caught serving petrol by the employment inspector guy and the garage got a hefty fine.. don't really want that again

Mm the legal part isn't to much of a biggie I was 13 when I first started using a grinder and them started welding a few months later hahahah i think it only matters if you have an accident but people still play GTA under age right ?

I took my brothers car across the road and welded in an empty car park.. just kinda desperate to get cracking :/

#42 brad101

brad101

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

Looking good.

looks like your doing pretty decent work to me, I always have 2-3 rebuilds going at once doing all the work myself, and im a mechanic on top of that. I cant see anything that would be called wrong.

#43 the_samkingdon15

the_samkingdon15

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

Looking good.

looks like your doing pretty decent work to me, I always have 2-3 rebuilds going at once doing all the work myself, and im a mechanic on top of that. I cant see anything that would be called wrong.

thanks mate., that's the dream ;) I love cars so a couple projects and mechanic all day is pretty much heaven :D

#44 brad101

brad101

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:10 PM

Looking good.

thanks mate., that's the dream ;) I love cars so a couple projects and mechanic all day is pretty much heaven :D

no problem... some times I get in over my head this summer I built a 500hp engine for my Camaro, did a substantial amount of work on a friends corvette engine, started to restore a small chevy pickup while doing a v8 swap in it plus scouting for a classic mini to restore. all while working 50-60 hours a week!!! I hardly know what sleep is now LOL and all I found was a rally convert 70 mini that is complete garbage non salvageable and the guy wants $5000 for !!! I think I can import one from England for that kind of money!!!

#45 the_samkingdon15

the_samkingdon15

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:48 PM

Small update for you all :)

Been a while since I have updated, so a brief summary of work so far.

The shell is now stripped of both subframes. The rear was a bastard to get off, but with some persuasion, he let go and dropped onto my lap (ouch) :blink:

The front came off easily. Sort of. I forgot to undo the steering rack and wondered why it didn’t drop :whistling:   eventually I realized and he came off easily.

My engine had a half rebuild (dropped off gearbox from block, cleaned and rebuilt) and has been painted. IMG_9265_zps70012077.jpg

So ralph is now just a shell with no front end and lots of rust..

I promise the next update will be sooner ;)

Heres some pictures from the last couple months  :)

IMG_9225_zpsd591165c.jpg

IMG_9256_zps2c237033.jpg

Thanks for reading :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roundnose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users