Thought I would share This With you all This Is Mini Project #2 (#1 Needs a build page but is not any where near completion)
My name Is Rob and I Love Minis, I Currently own 4 with only 1 on the road.
This Mini I Purchased End of Jan 2013 and It had been sat for some years and really needed some TLC.
The Engine was Ceased solid:
Most of the Floor was rotten / Extra Crispy
The entire floor turned out to be 4 panels thick where it had been over panelled over and over again, and I was not going to be responsible for layer number 5!
this method of repair is useless as the rot will keep going, the only way to be sure its gone and wont come back any time soon is to start again.
when we started the work it was only the front floor pans the seemed to need work but once we found the extra panels we had to make sure it was right.
If I had known how bad it was I would have gone for a complete Floor!!!!
Then There was a small Move to a new unit :
and then the fun started again :)
(out of sheer laziness I left the master cylinders in place - THIS IS NOT GOOD PRACTICE!! , But those Split pins and clevis pins were sent to destroy my sole) so I left them.
After a bit (Days) of minor (Major) Prep work sanding and flatting we got her in primer
and then in the same day Guide coated touched up, Stoppered dried and :
Well that's it so far I was at the unit till 12:45 last night so did next to bugger all today bar fixing the steering rack on.
I shall try and motivate my self for more tomorrow / Monday,
My aim is to have it ready for my Brooklands (annoyingly her car will look nicer than mine - But I can't wait to have mine back!)
Clearly that not a step by step and I didn't go all David Bellamy during the work.
Edited by robba_duck, 27 February 2014 - 08:02 PM.