Alpenflitzer

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Local Club: no

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:42 PM

MIKE; THANKS A LOT.

Finally a very good redraw. You should put a copyright on it and sell it to Haynes.

#33 Mike L

Mike L

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:32 PM

MIKE; THANKS A LOT.
Finally a very good redraw. You should put a copyright on it and sell it to Haynes.

I wouldn't mind getting something for the work but I really did for my own amusement for Mini owners during a slow period at work.

#34 panky

panky

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Local Club: Northwest Casual Classics

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:19 PM

It's really helpful and much appreciated, thank you :-)

#35 Ian Bloggs

Ian Bloggs

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:35 AM

Superb work. Thanks

#36 viz139

viz139

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Local Club: Irish Mini Owners Club

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:54 PM

Great work with the wiring diagrams.

For the record the Diagrams for Rover 92-96 should read Rover 92- 94.

In 95 the carb version was dropped and the SPi gained a 24 way fuse-board ( no more in line fuses) , the 5AS alarm and a later ECU like the MPi. The diagram is a cross between an MPi and a SPi. I can find no record of a Rover diagram and as an electrician and owner of a '96 Equinox found it necessary to reverse engineer a diagram. 

I would be happy to include these diagrams if there was somewhere I could send the files to.

#37 DUF2

DUF2

Formally known as DUFfi

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Local Club: Whickham & DMC

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:27 PM

Added Hornet and Elf wire diagrams

Mike they are great much easier to read.
However I have a bit of a problem! I have a 1965 Riley Elf, it is not standard, someone at some time in the past has spent a lot of time and money on the car. It is now fitted with a 1988/9 A plus (Metro)1275 engine complete with alternator (& inertia starter) on negative earth.
The car was originally positive earth with a 2 fuse box, my car has a 4 fuse box and still has the floor dip-switch so again someone has modified the existing loom splicing in the four fuse box.
I need to combine the original diagram as shown by yourself with a four fuse box diagram, but so fat have not seen a wiring diagram with a four fuse box.
Can you point me in the direction of where I can find a diagram with a 4 fuse box?
I have not yet tried to do anything with the wiring as I busy with other things on the car, I suspect a Metro loom may have been spliced into the original loom. There are no signs of wiring for the original Dynamo control box?
Any advice would be gratefully appreciated, many thanks Gordon

#38 Mike L

Mike L

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:00 PM

Added Hornet and Elf wire diagrams

Mike they are great much easier to read.
However I have a bit of a problem! I have a 1965 Riley Elf, it is not standard, someone at some time in the past has spent a lot of time and money on the car. It is now fitted with a 1988/9 A plus (Metro)1275 engine complete with alternator (& inertia starter) on negative earth.
The car was originally positive earth with a 2 fuse box, my car has a 4 fuse box and still has the floor dip-switch so again someone has modified the existing loom splicing in the four fuse box.
I need to combine the original diagram as shown by yourself with a four fuse box diagram, but so fat have not seen a wiring diagram with a four fuse box.
Can you point me in the direction of where I can find a diagram with a 4 fuse box?
I have not yet tried to do anything with the wiring as I busy with other things on the car, I suspect a Metro loom may have been spliced into the original loom. There are no signs of wiring for the original Dynamo control box?
Any advice would be gratefully appreciated, many thanks Gordon

The reason your not finding the four fuse box is because unlike the earlier diagrams they don't show the four fuses in one location. They have them spread out on the page. I'm no expert on Mini wiring. I would agree that the most likely source for the doner wire harness would be the same car the engine came from. Of the diagrams here my best (blind) guess would be the 1988 on in the hope that the Metro wasn't too radically different. If it doesn't seem to match see if you can find a Meto diagram. Good luck with this. Unknown transplants are a nightmare to figure out.

As for Dynamo control box zoom in close on the box in the Riley/Elf diagram. You should see what you need.

#39 DUF2

DUF2

Formally known as DUFfi

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Local Club: Whickham & DMC

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:33 PM

Mike L
Thanks for your reply.Any idea where I can find a Metro Wiring diagram, I have tried internet, but am struggling to find one.
I have looked at some of the later Mini diagrams & I see 5 fuses scattered around the diagram!!
Thanks again
Gordon

Edited by DUF2, 10 December 2017 - 12:41 PM.

#40 Mike L

Mike L

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:37 PM

Mike L
Thanks for your reply.Any idea where I can find a Metro Wiring diagram, I have tried internet, but am struggling to find one.
I have looked at some of the later Mini diagrams & I see 5 fuses scattered around the diagram!!
Thanks again
Gordon

I've never looked for Metro diagrams. To get a diagram you may need to buy a Haynes manual. Of the fuses, the ones that have numbers at each end are the ones that are grouped in the box.

#41 Mike L

Mike L

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:14 PM

Added some diagrams from viz139

These are diagrams for SPI 1995-1996

These were mostly reverse engineered by viz139 from his 1995 Equinox. (All questions on these should be directed to viz139)

Also a few he has collected that were not already here.

#42 Mike L

Mike L

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:32 PM

Added five Innocenti diagrams.

#43 Mike L

Mike L

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:37 PM

Thanks to "Old Original" the Rover Mini Turbo Models diagram has been updated with the items that were unreadable in the Rover manual PDF. It is now 100% with no question marks.

#44 chacow

chacow

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:10 AM

I'm trying to get going after many years sat in a garage.  The engine starts World knowledge and runs, but nothing else works. There may be a fuse hidden somewhere that I can't find, or a dud relay.

Thanks in advance for helping a desperate man.  :shades:  :shades: 

#45 mattywood

mattywood

Learner Driver

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Local Club: ausmini

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:24 AM

Anyone have any Japanese Rover Mini manuals that cover air con controls other than the Canty minis one?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Steve8274