Have to say I'm impressed with the acid dip in terms of getting rid of all the rust, sealants and paint. Thanks for sharing the pics and look forwards to the updates.
@ Pete: I'm quite impressed too with the result of the acid dip. The more I look at the car, the more I find good points to it.
To all other people, next update:
I started this week with the removal of the front lip where the bumper is mounted. This was my first trial to put it straight again. Sadly I do not have pictures of it...
However I have pictures of the front valance where you can see where the acid made its way through.
Then I started to dress the front valance where it hit the post.
There was a big fold in the valance and in the wing to be seen in my previous post. This was after some work, the valace went very nice, I still need to improve the wing as the fold is very deep.
To achieve this I removed the head light fixing, it was quite knackered and gave its kind of an original shape
By the way a nice shot with my dad's car behind ;). Congratulations to the people who can recognize it ;)
In the middle of the valance there was a strong fold, my father was too motivated to be stopped and gave this part its original shape:
Then I removed the rear valance to prepare the rear boot floor repair.
Loads of weld points to be drilled!!! (and atually I drilled way too much as I didn't know the closing panels are only welded by three points...
I will have to close them again...
I already improved a big dent in the middle of it following the crash and towing (again no picture ...), I could do this in about an hour, happy with the result during this time!!
I will try to repair the rust, will be a good training for the rest to follow ;). If it doesn't work, I have a spare one whixh I can use.
This is how the acid came in the closed area of the rear corners. Not perfect, but quite satisfying and pretty clean
I had to drill the big hole before acid dipping to allow it penetrating these closed volumes. As well as small 6mm holes in any cavity where air would be trapped, these will be the scars on the car in the end (roof, front wings and rear wells, some volumes in the boot floor...)
Finally some pictures of the main floor, happy to have ordered a complete new one plus the door steps ;)
That's it for now, I hope I will be able to make a new update soon. My vacation is over... ((