20 replies to this topic

#16 imack

imack

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:22 AM

I added a similar harness bar to my mk3 last year. My cage is an old steel safety devices so I used weld in bolt up brackets.

Attached Files

#17 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:53 AM

Wouldn't the bar be better placed between the uprights behind the seat at the height of the slots? Then, not only are you providing rear support for the seat but also removing it as a stressed item in the event of a crash.

#18 jackwiththemk3

jackwiththemk3

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 11:38 AM

Wouldn't the bar be better placed between the uprights behind the seat at the height of the slots? Then, not only are you providing rear support for the seat but also removing it as a stressed item in the event of a crash.

i did consider this but i didn't want to weld anything onto the cage and I'm quite tall so i have to have the seat quite far back. It seems like it will be fine as a harness bar for now.

#19 Curley

Curley

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Local Club: Not MINI friendly

Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:13 PM

word of warning, having your harness shoulder straps mounted that low down can be dangerous. You really should put the bar higher so the shoulder straps are horizontal to the slots in the back of the seat.

#20 jackwiththemk3

jackwiththemk3

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:31 PM

lots of progress over the last couple of weeks nearing time to paint the underneath of the car and put it back on its subframes. New cobra monaco pro seats from mini spares and new door skins also a new handbrake mount which should be much stronger than the original.

Attached Files

#21 jackwiththemk3

jackwiththemk3

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 10:29 PM

it's been a long time since i did an update. most of what's been done has involved strengthening the fibre glass front and installing the arches before prepping for paint. Also plenty of trips to mini spares to collect parts. I'm not a huge fan of painting but it seems to of gone well and is polishing up nicely so i would call it a success 

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roundnose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users