Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:08 AM

jesus!
and thats why i drive nice and calm as im merely 20 with 2 years no claims
but with prospects like this in the future theres no rush!
absolutely love it mate!
love the subtleness of the rear mounted engine with cover/box
i want one!
and those wheels are pretty chubby, and as for the sound :)

must be brutal to drive!

Thanks

Its actually not brutal to drive, it is fast, theres no getting away from that and the sound is good, was hoping to get the db's checked on the weekend but it looks like its gonna p1ss it down on saturday so no chance of that.

The wheels are a bit on the chubby side but it gives it a retro look that I quite like. Probably going to go with a different tyre make as Toyo R888's have gone up almost 50% in the last year, robbing gits. So next set of rubbers will most probably be Kumho, which will have a smaller side wall.

I have a perspex cover for show days but I like to keep people guessing as to exactly what is under the parcel shelf, its a sublte as it can be with wide wheels, side scoops and those stripes..........

#422 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:49 AM

http://www.motortrad...dmits-firm.html
http://fuelcatisasca...om/fuelcat.html

Edited by miniQ, 28 May 2010 - 10:09 AM.

#423 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:56 AM

Brilliant - I wish someone had found and posted that some time back.

So anyone reading this, dont bother with a Fuelcat - its a load of old pony. Mines in place now and as its not doing any harm it can stay til I can be ar5ed to take it out.

#424 wilcooper

wilcooper

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
  • Local Club: Sheffield Mini Club

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:26 PM

Few quicks questions:

What size wheels?
BHP?
Overwall weight?
Guess of 0-100kmh?

Think it will demolish an Evo 9FQ300 with 340 parts? :)

#425 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:04 PM

7 x 13 front - 8 x 13 rear
BHP - approx 315 (288HP at the hubs)
should weigh in around 750 kg's (1650lbs) That makes a power to weight ratio of 420BHP/Tonne
0-102km/h (0-60mph), go here and put in the stats: CLICK ME FOR 0-60 Calculator dont put driver weight in as thats considered already.

I cant say for sure what the 0-60mph will be as its about skill as well as having the fast car.

#426 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:30 AM

BOOT LID HEAT PROTECTION

Pretty much what it says on the tin really:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#427 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:34 AM

So I got to drive the car around abit over the weekend.

1st thing to note is the standard single baffle exhaust on this supercharged setup is 106db's, not a problem if your not going near a track, big problem if you are. Now I need to sort out a second baffle, I have an idea of what I want to do with this, I'll keep you'all posted

2nd thing, I advise all Zcar owners to check that the hats on the top of the coil-overs are properly tightened to its locking nut as mine wasnt and the whole suspension unit came apart doing about 60mph. I say this as it must have come from Protech loose. Its not the kind of thing you can normally check as the nut is hidden up in the cap of the suspension unit, I was really very fortunate that the damage was minimal, I did have a serious sense of humour failure over it though. Big thanks go out so a guy called Simon that lives just over Portsdown hill, near Portsmouth as he stopped, took me to his house, loaded me with tools and within 45mins I had it fixed and back on the road. The only tell tale sign is the dent in the under-slope of the expansion tank where the coil came to rest, thank god for the anti roll bar as this helped no end, also helped when trying to put it back together at the side of the road, threads on the piston shaft were flattened, which needed some attention, however now the threads are tight when tightening so it should not happen again. Also testament to the exp tank as it took a real battering.

The steering wheel is not straight when running in a straight line, so that needs sorting, it does run fairly true in a straight line, the large scrub radius is evident as it wants to pull on uneven roads, also under braking with a small amount of either lock on.

I can confirm that the car is fast as foook, stops on a dime and IMO looks awesome to boot.

I will show one picture of the car 98% complete for now, its not the best photo of it, but rest assured there will be more I just need to find the time to take some good photos.

Posted Image

Edited by cptkirk, 02 June 2010 - 11:20 AM.

#428 jaapio1984

jaapio1984

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Local Club: MSCN

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:42 AM

Very nicely done Kirky... But the mirrors don't match the quality of the car :$

soon some driving vids ?

Jaapio

#429 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:49 AM

The mirrors are stainless bullets, so not cheap and finish it off well IMO. Could have gone Carbon fibre mirrors but wanted to keep it looking like a mini from the front - the back however is a different story and I will show it when I get some good shots of it.

Videos to come soon, I need to make a mount for the camcorder first, it doenst have a very close lense so the camera needs to be mounted well back which is a bit of a pain.

#430 v-tec van

v-tec van

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:01 PM

2nd thing, I advise all Zcar owners to check that the hats on the top of the coil-overs are properly tightened to its locking nut

just checked mine .. they were loose too thanks for the warning

your car looks great in the pictures

chris

#431 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:12 PM

Thanks Chris, I just have few finishing off bits to do on the interior, nothing too strenuous and then it will be 99% done, dont think it'll ever get 100% done as it will continue to evolve.

#432 Poly_Patje

Poly_Patje

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:22 PM

That looks very nice! I have to agree with Jaapio about the mirror, but I understand the fact that you wanted to keep some features of the Mini. Maybe making the outside of the mirror black to put into the same color pattern of the Mini instead of keeping it all chrome? Just an idea...

I have one real question, why is the wideband sensor placed that far away? Normally you place it 1 foot away from the point where the header is joined to one pipe or where all pipes crosses each other.

What is the BHP? I think it should be between 250 and 300 bhp too with lots of torque because of the charger?

#433 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:40 PM

That looks very nice! I have to agree with Jaapio about the mirror, but I understand the fact that you wanted to keep some features of the Mini. Maybe making the outside of the mirror black to put into the same color pattern of the Mini instead of keeping it all chrome? Just an idea...

I have one real question, why is the wideband sensor placed that far away? Normally you place it 1 foot away from the point where the header is joined to one pipe or where all pipes crosses each other.

What is the BHP? I think it should be between 250 and 300 bhp too with lots of torque because of the charger?

Thanks.

Wth regards to the mirrors, lets just say everyones entitled to their opinions.....

Re the Lambda sensor - you'll have to ask Chris at Zcars about he decision to place it there, saying that, it is roughly 1 foot away from where the two pipes merge into one so might not be as bad as it initially looked.

Power is 288HP at the hubs which equates to approx 315BHP, giving a loss of 10% through transmission and approx 190lb/ft of torque at the hubs (209lb/ft at the crank) - the dyno print out sheet is back in the build if you want to go back a few pages, ignore the spikes as that was caused by a transmission problem which is now fixed.

Edited by cptkirk, 02 June 2010 - 01:42 PM.

#434 Poly_Patje

Poly_Patje

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:21 PM

That is totally true!

Having 288hp on the hubs (wheel hubs I think?) does not increase to 315bhp on the wheels? I thought it will loose some HP because of that. But I can be wrong. The amount of torque is much nicer, HP is always for the top-end power/speed. A proper graph will always have some spikes, otherwise I see the same thing from the past coming back. A tuner sometimes wants to create a nice graph, use the throttle to make it look nice and goes for full throttle when the engine is almost at the point of its max hp curve.

#435 wtverouden

wtverouden

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:39 PM

Wow, what a beauty! You should be proud, we all are! quality all around.

Just a tip: if you're looking for a good sportscam, take a look at the GoPro HD.

cheers.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users