81 replies to this topic

#46 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:30 PM

Finished the main bulk of the build now. Car is at Z cars having its wheels aligned, Rolling Road set up and some of the complicated electrics. Chris is trying to sus out mating my R1 clocks with the Z cars loom. Want to try and keep the bike clocks if I can otherwise ill have to buy a digidash. Should be back next week so ill be getting some final pictres up. In the mean time here is some.

The pit came in very useful for working under the car. Even though standing in about half an inch of water isnt too fun. Usually hear a scream from down the pit when someone sticks there foot in the deeper water!

Attached File  20052009468.jpg   47.38K   158 downloads
Holes cut for coolant pipes to come in the car. And going back out again. Having these boxed in. Didnt want them to be the lowest point on the car,

Attached File  23052009490.jpg   60.7K   138 downloads
Car over the pit. Breaks all on etc

Attached File  23052009498.jpg   62K   95 downloads
My exhaust wrapping. Double layer. Happy with that. Also shows break T piece.

Attached File  24052009509.jpg   57.99K   45 downloads
Steering column in

Attached File  25052009516.jpg   52.02K   93 downloads
Shows fuel pressure regulator on bulkhead along with one of the fuel filters

Attached File  26052009531.jpg   56.15K   89 downloads
Under the bonnet. Turns out you can just sorten the wiper rack and fit it in with a normal bracket. Rather than fabricating somthing fancy. Luckily had a flaring tool to flare the length we made shorter.

Attached File  26052009532.jpg   49.38K   76 downloads
First fuel up! Car didnt run. Not even a turn over so just left that one! Bit of a shame! Haha oh Well

Last picture also shows we had a bit of an issue with the gear selector. The arm didnt seem long enough. Again a job for Zcars

Attached Files

Edited by brandon7, 07 June 2009 - 04:35 PM.

#47 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:20 PM

Looks amazing mate, reminds me of my mini when it had just been painted (same colour)

Bet you cant wait to get it back from z-cars!!

Keep us updated on how it all turns out.

#48 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:40 PM

Looks amazing mate, reminds me of my mini when it had just been painted (same colour)

Bet you cant wait to get it back from z-cars!!

Keep us updated on how it all turns out.

Thanks alot. And yes looking forawrd to hearing it running and seeing what its like to drive. 2 years almost in the making and on the last week!

I will get a video posted ofit running on here and im goning to do some footage of it on Le Mans Bugatti circuit in August with a bit of Luck.
Cheers again

#49 philly c

philly c

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:12 PM

Wow looks amazing good effort, i dropped my car off a z cars two weeks ago and she is getting some paint and four wheel aligned so will have plenty of pics to post up once i get her back cant wait!!!!!

#50 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:37 PM

Top Job.

#51 JordanRaisbeck

JordanRaisbeck

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Local Club: NEMC

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:14 AM

Phwar! nice mini, love the colour, bet its like poo off a shuvel :(

Jordan. :D

#52 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:36 PM

the car is looking braw, all i can say is the hard work is well worth it when you get the first drive on th open road, im out in mine every chance i get :D great fun.
Ed

#53 lewis

lewis

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:21 PM

looks simply amazing mark! let me know when it returns as i would love to come up and see this at some point and pick your brains about it

again congrats, im very jealous of you :)

Edited by lewis, 11 June 2009 - 09:22 PM.

#54 Aus

Aus

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Local Club: MiniClubJersey

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:24 PM

Have passed on pics to my brother - will let you know his response (the car was originally built by my brother from his road car to a rally car in the early '90's !!)

I look forward to seeing it - you hoping to be ready for August Speed Weekend ? Wouldn't mind seeing that up Greve de Lecq !! :thumbsup:

#55 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:47 PM

Aus unfortunatly it does not qualify for the classic hillclimb so no Grev in this car, but Ill be doing the sprint on the Friday I think as anything is accepted.

Here are a few pics. These don't really show how much work has gone into the car recently. The last jobs are taking a real long time but are whats making the car so special.

Attached File  18072009656.jpg   39.44K   78 downloads
This pic shows how I have overcome the problem of the floor bar. It gets in the way of your feet when going for full throttle or when clutching Ive made a plate to raise my feet up so its the height of the bar. Ive also bought some skateboard grip tape for where my heels go and also for the peddles. Happy with this.

Attached File  18072009649.jpg   57.42K   97 downloads
This shows my dash arrangment. Its not painted yet but that should be done next week. Also the cutoff switch is now mounted on a brakcet. It shows the plates covering the holes in the floor and if you take them out it makes it much easier to get to the steering rack. The boxed in section in the middle cover thes coolant pipes and fuel line which had to come inside the car so they were not the lowest point on the car.

Attached File  18072009651.jpg   29.11K   45 downloads
Shows how I had to modify the bonnet to get it to fit the fuel tank. Lucky it was such a simple thing this I thought I was in big trouble. Dont assume anything fits check everything before paint...

Other jobs done include

Wipers in
Blanking plates for front cage arms
Seat fitting
Rear bulkhead fitting and sealing
Removable perspex windows for rear sides and back window on dzus fasteners
Arches to be refitted as I had to cut some of my body away to lower the suspension =(
+Loads more

Ill post some more detailed pictures tomorrow
Cheers

#56 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:51 PM

Also we have had it on the rolling road and its making 193.1 BHP @ 11,700 RPM. We are guessing a weight of 570kg. This makes it the most poweful single engined R1 out there apparently. Good news!

Edited by brandon7, 18 July 2009 - 07:38 PM.

#57 Rosslin Racing

Rosslin Racing

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Local Club: SMP beo BMC swiss

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

Also we have had it on the rolling road and its making 193.1 BHP @ 11,7000 RPM. We are guessing a weight of 570kg. This makes it the most poweful single engined R1 out there apparently. Good news!

spill the beans, what did you do to the motor?
the car is fantastic!!

#58 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:36 PM

Thanks alot
Nothing, stock 2008 motor running a power commander. Im having it double checked once we get a few jobs done.. Ill post up the graph from the session

#59 Gsybeach

Gsybeach

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:02 PM

Fantastic looking car! You've done a great job. Very tidy.
Let us know how you get on in the sprint. Are you putting it on the roads as well?

#60 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:27 PM

Thanks. Get a couple of pictures of your progress up... You must be nearly done?

I'll lket you know how I get on, If i can get in the 13s ill be happy as im running it on road tyres. Just havnt got the money for slicks this year. Ill get some video up of the trackday at Le Mans in a couple of weeks. Its going to be on the road but not intended to. Just to get to competitions and the odd shake down before an event. How about yours? How you getting around Gsy DVS?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users