Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

My Mini City


  • Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#16 CAU998

CAU998

    One Carb Or Two?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central...

Posted 17 September 2005 - 03:08 PM

The arches are from Minispeed
(www.minispeed.co.uk/classic/index.cgi?task=showproduct&id=ccf-8w).
They cost £137.23 (ex VAT) :teehee: !But you can also get arches without carbon weave showing for £101.12 (ex VAT). Its alot but I think they're awesome!

#17 CAU998

CAU998

    One Carb Or Two?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central...

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:05 PM

New freshly painted rear drums :cheese: :

Attached Files



#18 The Matt

The Matt

    You don't escape that easily.....

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,232 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Location: Overton, North Wales
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:23 PM

Cool, what paint did you use for the drums? I used smooth hammerite once and it dripped everywhere and melted whenever the brakes got too hot! :nugget:

It sounds like it is gonna be a stonker when it's finished. I like olde english white, was thinking of doing mine silver with a black roof, but I've seen a few olde english white ones (like at MITP) and I really like it.

#19 CAU998

CAU998

    One Carb Or Two?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central...

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:34 PM

Thanks, yeah I used some special brake caliper paint that me dad bought to do his old Mitsubishi Fto Brakes with i'll dig around later as I can't remember the name now. But I believe you can buy it from your local car modding shop like Carnoisseur or maybe Halfords. It took three coats or so as the colour of the drums was hard to cover. It'll be a long project but hopefully it'll look the part when its finished.

#20 The Matt

The Matt

    You don't escape that easily.....

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,232 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Location: Overton, North Wales
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:37 PM

cool. It sounds like it's gonna be a similar spec to mine when it's finished (1340 fast roader in the projects section). I think you're being sensible by doing all of the other mods before the engine too. Alot of people want power but don't improve braking or handling first!

#21 CAU998

CAU998

    One Carb Or Two?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central...

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:45 PM

Yeah, I just had a glance at your car it looks like a monster especially with them engine mods. Im gonna try and get its handling up to scratch with shocks etc. My dad recons its like a Go-kart already with rubber cones that were perished and some moldy old shocks that have seen better days. I can't wait till its finished
its gonna be fun. :grin:

#22 The Matt

The Matt

    You don't escape that easily.....

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,232 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Location: Overton, North Wales
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:53 PM

Mini handling is legendary! Even in standard form, I have gone for as much adjustability as I can get for mine. Would have liked to go for coil-overs but wallet wouldn't allow!

#23 CAU998

CAU998

    One Carb Or Two?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central...

Posted 17 September 2005 - 05:02 PM

Yeah, i've got spax adjustable shocks and Hi-lo's as you can see so it should be a vast improvement over standard. I would have liked coilovers but they are very expensive as you say.Maybe one day :teehee: ! I'm gonna get some adjustable tie-rods for the front so it should stick to corners nicely.

#24 CAU998

CAU998

    One Carb Or Two?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central...

Posted 18 September 2005 - 05:28 PM

Some of the items i've bought off ebay for me project :grin: !

#25 CAU998

CAU998

    One Carb Or Two?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central...

Posted 18 September 2005 - 05:29 PM

New passenger door:

Attached Files



#26 CAU998

CAU998

    One Carb Or Two?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central...

Posted 18 September 2005 - 05:30 PM

Tie-rods (chrome ones):

Attached Files



#27 CAU998

CAU998

    One Carb Or Two?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central...

Posted 18 September 2005 - 05:32 PM

New dashboard that will be covered in carbon-fibre by one of my dads work mates:

Attached Files



#28 CAU998

CAU998

    One Carb Or Two?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central...

Posted 19 September 2005 - 07:29 PM

My Spax shocks compared to the old Gabelts :tongue: :

Attached Files



#29 The Matt

The Matt

    You don't escape that easily.....

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,232 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Location: Overton, North Wales
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 19 September 2005 - 07:36 PM

Hee hee, you are just like me.

You got the Mini bug and now the ebay bug too! It's a happy life!!!!! :teehee:

#30 CAU998

CAU998

    One Carb Or Two?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central...

Posted 19 September 2005 - 07:41 PM

I know I wanted another and haven't even started yet! :grin: Although it was only £60 my dad wouldn't allow :teehee: ! Oh well I've still got time to get another.Ebay starts to get addictive LOL!




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users