#47 Fire_monkey

Fire_monkey

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

i did but they are not open on saturdays

but i think they are going to be around the same price as everywhere even if they count the mods in or not

#48 jackson-minis

jackson-minis

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Local Club: Minifinity, British mini club

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:12 PM

heyy might be able to help, im 17 no no claims obviously, passed my test around two months ago, ive got an 82 city, fully restored, blue with black roof , window tints all round, alloys, gaz suspension, stage one exhaust, GRP 6 wheel arches, all of these mods are declared and im paying just under £1100 fully comp on my own name with footman and james, more than happy to pay it to be honest two people have hit my mini already both on the same rear wing/light panel and without the modifications declared it would have voided my insurance as it is they are all declared and the repairs all good, so glad i declared everything, i was dreading the price before i passed but trust me its worth declaring the modifications.
hope you find a cheap-ish quote mate.
gazz

#49 Fire_monkey

Fire_monkey

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:33 PM

it must be down to where i live because the quotes i am getting are just stupid, as a few of you guys seem to have a far more "performance" mods yet i am the one paying more

#50 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,379 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:47 PM

Teeside, you're probably right. Think about fitting an alarm, immobiliser and unfitting the high value accessories.

#51 Fire_monkey

Fire_monkey

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:50 PM

Teeside, you're probably right. Think about fitting an alarm, immobiliser and unfitting the high value accessories.

i aksed if fitting an alarm and immobiliser would bring the price down but was told that it will put the premium up :lol:... gonna try and get the price from adrian flux down.

and no chance on unfitting the shiney bit.... i love them far to much :(

Edited by Fire_monkey, 18 July 2009 - 10:50 PM.

#52 Burnard

Burnard

4 gears good........... .......................5 gears Better

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:52 PM

have you checked your reg on the dvla website to see what it's registered as?

http://www.taxdisc.d...Vehicle Enquiry

if you have no joy pm me your plate and ill try sort it.
let us know the results.

do you know the history of your mini, any rebuilds or new engines?

:lol: at my car...

Date of First Registration 25 01 2002

It makes no sence....

no wonder my quotes are soo strange

#53 jackson-minis

jackson-minis

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:07 AM

dunno to be honest mate you have all the insurers details nothing more you can do but ask unless you want to de-modify which lets be honest few do, dnt know why mine was so "cheap" it isn't really but im happy with it :lol:, wish you luck bud...
gazz.

#54 Pauly

Pauly

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,213 posts
  • Local Club: Just 4 Fun Minis!

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:11 AM

I would seriously suggest footman james, they will put you on a classic policy for may be half of what you are being quoted.

When I got my quote for £400 I was in shock, cheapest I got at the time was £2500

Paul.

Edited by Pauly, 19 July 2009 - 10:11 AM.

#55 jackson-minis

jackson-minis

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:04 AM

i agree with Pauly, footman james helped me alot, was being quoted 2700 for myn with mods declared by other insurers.
gazz

#56 montymini

montymini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:42 PM

I've got my insurance with HIC.
https://www.hertsinsurance.com/

There are other ways you can bring the cost down like having it on a limited mileage. Mine is on 5000 miles a year. If I get near going over that I call them and pay a bit extra. You can also request to have a larger excess. This is another good incentive not to crash!
As the sensible people have said, declare everything.

#57 mini_matt_106

mini_matt_106

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:55 AM

another insurance company i recoment is bell on their flexibell package, basically you get a years no claims every 10 months which is always nice. was 18 when took out my insurance with another company for 900 odd quid, near enough 1000quid when i fitted my stage one they said i wasn't allowed it on my policy and that i would have to take out a brand new polocy at £1350 just to have my stage one so told them to shove it! went on bells website declared my stage one kit and my new alloys, changed from third party f+f to fully comp and was quoted £890 this is with a previous crash or me going into the back of a stupid woman audi! then put my girlfriend on which dropped it to the £820 i pay now! :thumbsup:

oh and when i phoned them about putting a flip front on was chatting to the guy about being anoyed with rust and he said the flip front would be a good idea for my 'old' car and said they would charge me £25 to add that on which made me very happy so definatly get a quote for them online and then phone them wiv the ref number and see if they can sort u out nefin better :D

#58 Fire_monkey

Fire_monkey

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:14 PM

just rang footman james and well

fully comp - 1508.25

3rd F&T - 759.60

and thats with all mods decalred, just have to take a pic of the interor (when it's fited)

Edited by Fire_monkey, 22 July 2009 - 02:15 PM.

#59 Burnard

Burnard

4 gears good........... .......................5 gears Better

• Banned
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:53 PM

How old are you FM?
And what mods have you done?

Chris

#60 Fire_monkey

Fire_monkey

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:40 PM

iam 17

And the mods are (that footman james wanted to know about) fiberglass front end, 13X7 alloys and non standard interior.

i still need to take the pic of the interior for Footman james so i am guessing the quote will go up a little.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users