Jump to content



  • Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 System


    Stage One Kit Fitted

  • Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:59 PM

I'm 21 and I have myself insured with Admiral. I have all my mods declared, 12x5, Alloys, x4 spots, 4 pot calipers, vented discs, with alarm/immobiliser (brought it down) amd have it at £700 fully comp. That is with 0 NCB as that is against another car. I have asked about Stage 1 and they need to know what BHP the car will go at after andything else is about an extra £10 on the premium. They also have told me after my policy is up on my other car I can stick it with the mini on multicar for an extra £30.

Hope you get it sorted but definately declare everything.

#62 markf


    Passed Test

  • Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:52 AM

get your mum to try direct line, im sure they do the thing, where when you have some one added to your insurance, if they go a year with out a claim, you get the same dicount as the main driver, im not 100% sure but i think i applies to your imediate family, think admiral do a similar thing, *drunk* me right off when my wife got full no claims, same as me, after staying claim free for a year,

as i said, im not 100%, but i do think it can apply to your children, deffo worth looking into if saves you money, keep it standard for a year, well worth it.

cheers all

#63 twrminisport



  • TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 12:55 PM

okay so what i am thinking is not decler some things such as the door cards, the amp, the 4 inch speakers, boot lining center console.

so things that will be cheap to replace or things i could take out quickly in the event of a crash.

right the only things you need to tell them about is stuff that changes the value of the vehicle and or performance. so theonly thing u need to tell them is that uve got a fibre front end maybe you might even not have to tell them. thats the rules anyway so i got my city cooper lookalike same year insured fully comp when im 17 at the moment for £447 with norwich union and it dont go up when you pass. use your mums name and u as a named driver. if you want it in your own name though ecclesiastical quoted me £900 tpo and footman and james quoted me £1200 fully comp.

#64 Minion Burn

Minion Burn

    Mini Mad

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Local Club: Bergen mini owners

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:32 PM

im confident about being able to control and not crash, as i have grass tracked minis for years!!

Hahahaha Much to learn have you!!!!

#65 Bikerz


    Learner Driver

  • Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:59 PM

You all say use Footman James but they dont insure under 25's according to their website. Do I just have to call?

#66 ad53ggz


    Speeding Along Now

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:20 PM

try sureterm.... im 21 and for my 16v mini im £541 fully comp, with all mods declared, the 1.8vvc declared, roll cage, flip front, buckets, alloys everything declared agreed value of £5000!

fairl happy!

but as they say declare mods not worth it if the worst happens

#67 Fire_monkey


    Speeding Along Now

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:22 PM

You all say use Footman James but they dont insure under 25's according to their website. Do I just have to call?

i kinda think they do... well considering that i am now insured with footman james and i am 17...and the policy in in my name and fully comp.

#68 Sherlock


    Super Mini Mad

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Register

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:46 PM

Go through footman james. Im 19 now but at 18 I got a 998 stg 1 for over £400 with mods delcared (suspension, wheels). Thats on a classic policy so you get no NCB but they wouldn't count for much until your 21 anyway (said the woman from post office insurance). You can only go with FJ on a classic policy if your under 25.


I have a classic policy with Footman James & I'm 58, although it does keep going up, I expect to be looking at around £200 fully comp/£170 third party fire & theft for a slightly modified 998cc Mini HL. I have 40 years without accident or claim, but the main insurers won't quote because at 28 years the Mini is too old for them. Most classic insurance is based on the fact that your classic is a second car, because commuting is forbidden. I don't commute because 70% of my work is done at home on the computer, apart from that I only have to go to the boss's house a mile away & we use his car. Try convincing an insurer though. I've got to renew mine in less than 2 weeks, any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares