#76 BenH

BenH

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Local Club: CV1 Minis

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:43 PM

Wow missed all these updates, loving the parts collection JD,its exciting when you get to put them all on. I think you should go for an old school colour,like antelope grey maybe. When do you get the car back again?

#77 minimotor_JD

minimotor_JD

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:11 PM

I'll be back up again at old skool this weekend as I forgot my other cooper S disc up there...need some paint :)

Hehe, that's just you making excuses to go see the mini :dontgetit:

Wow missed all these updates, loving the parts collection JD,its exciting when you get to put them all on. I think you should go for an old school colour,like antelope grey maybe. When do you get the car back again?

Hehe, Well I do miss my mini and the work they're doing is fantastic job although they have only just started on it. Will be dropping off some spread plates for the harness as well as picking up the disc brake :P

Cheers Ben, I'm still thinking about the colour...I do really like the sonic blue but there is an orange that'll suit the black CF bits. I should get it back around the end of may, first week in june. It'll give me enough time to sort out the engine and other bits and bobs.

I've started taking all the bits off the front subframe I just need to take the tie-rods and lower camber off (easier said than done!!!), my housemate in oxford got me the decompressor tool from his work place so I can take the pressure out the front struts, as its pretty dark in the garage so I can't do much afterwork until I get a lamp. In the meantime I have ordered new hilos for the front and rear frame. I've also removed the driveshafts from the front subby but need to dismantle it all, so far capillars are off, still have the CV Nut,old flange,wheel bearings and swivel hub to get through.

#78 rich1889

rich1889

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Local Club:

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:14 AM

Why are we waiting, Oh why are we waiting?!.....Update update update!

#79 minimotor_JD

minimotor_JD

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:12 AM

Firstly sorry about the massive delay I've been quite busy with placement work and working on the mini :thumbsup:

I've had time to think and I've had a change in plan and will be going turbo and not supercharged anymore. So it'll be a mini miglia turbo'ed engine.....T3 should do it :kiss: Unfortunately I broke my camera and havent yet replaced it so dont have any pictures of the things I have done to the mini parts. Turbo box is in :P

I have finished both front & rear subframes however will need to reinforce the front subby with gusset plates and a strip. I'm completely stripping it out and have got a weld in roll cage that old skool will be welding in. Collected my black alloys from birmingham refurbed in stain black....possibly matt black...but very shiny. (to match all the carbon fibre)

Will still be running the fuel hoses and brake lines through the car, cell fuel tank and having the battery inside the car at the rear.

Keep eyes open for another update soon. I will get pictures up as soon as possible, I dont think my camera phone is quite good enough to be honest. It'll take me a bit longer to do all this so I think I dont really have a deadline but hopefully mid august/september.

#80 minimotor_JD

minimotor_JD

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:23 PM

Little update with pictures as promised of the front subframe all done although I still need to get some plates to weld on to support the force the turbo will produce although I've been told with the heavy duty adjustable tie-rods and 1.5 negative camber arms they should do the job, but I'll rather be safe that sorry :).

Front Subframe
Posted Image

I'll wait until I've the subframe is on the car before changing the brake discs over to my cooper S 7.5s

Posted Image

I taken more pictures of I been a bit busy in my room sanding little bits and bobs to eventually go back onto the mini.

Was also managed to take a picture of the refurbed but the camera phone is shocking !

Posted Image
Sort of satin/gloss black which is going to work perfectly on the mini :) so I'm well chutted to be honest.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Turbo bulkhead box welded in place.

Rear end is more aless done. Hole has been cut for the carbon fibre floor ( from carbon weezel)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Its going to look pretty neat when its place, miglia arches brackets also arrived from arc angels which is also awesome as old skool wanted to check the fit and how it'll look.

Bits of my full multi-point roll cage broke open which I was gutted about so I've been speaking with minisport to send out the missing parts, total 4 door bars & 2 roof bars, hopefully they can send the parts up to old skool A.S.A.P as they've already started working getting that welded in.

#81 locky7101

locky7101

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:19 PM

wicked project, great work.
i'm going coventry this september to do automotive engineering, might see you there!

#82 minimotor_JD

minimotor_JD

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:03 PM

Just a little update:

Thanks locky, hopefully silver will be there too.

Rear Subframe pictures which I have reconditioned.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

All that remains is to replace the shoes & backplates with new ones & superfins, but I'll do this once the subframes and back on the shell.

Also managed to paint the rad cowling cover in hammerite
Posted Image

Big delay on the finish time as I have an operation so I'm focusing on getting everything done then just worry about the engine when the time comes I guess.

Thanks for looking.

#83 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:08 PM

Haven't seen you about for a while, hope the operation isn't anything too serious and it goes well :)

#84 minimotor_JD

minimotor_JD

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:35 AM

Haven't seen you about for a while, hope the operation isn't anything too serious and it goes well :thumbsup:

Cheers mate. Just been stupidly busy with placement work. It's not the most straight forward op and has to be done in stages either 2 or 3, hope nothing goes wrong, still waiting on a date but its looking at the end of the month I hope. Just want to get the mini shell finished and back together by beginning July, then store out the engine afterwards.

Need to make a trip to halfords and get a 34mm socket for the castle nut to losen that up.

Next up:
Fuel Tank + Hosing
Bucket Seats
Brake Piping (Front + Rear)

#85 silva_mini

silva_mini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:59 PM

Nice project :thumbsup: How much are old skool charging to do the work??

#86 suj87

suj87

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 02:42 AM

ohhhhh looking good J-Drizzle :shifty:

#87 minimotor_JD

minimotor_JD

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:59 PM

Thanks everyone :P.

Just a little update as I've been balancing placement,university reports and the mini its been more than exhausting. Slowly getting there.

Shell all paneled up and ready for spray
Roll cage in place
Bucket seats sorted and positioning set

Will work on the brake piping and fuel system when I get the mini back.

Cheers, JD.

#88 leadly

leadly

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Local Club: [] D.C.M.O.C []

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:01 PM

Keep the updates coming JD, projects looking good so far!!

#89 suj87

suj87

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:29 PM

good going JD
expect a call tonight, if you don't answer...expect abuse :P haha

#90 minimotor_JD

minimotor_JD

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:47 AM

good going JD
expect a call tonight, if you don't answer...expect abuse >_< haha

Cheers Suj- Didnt get your call. I'm on PAYG until thursday evening.
I got footbal tonight with work so anytime after that.....8pm onwards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users