83 replies to this topic

#76 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:10 PM

personal insults are only going to end up leaving the mods or admin to remove posts or even close this thread down

how about everybody just calm down and not post for a while.

unless its going to be relevant to the OP's post

Edited by shorty, 26 September 2009 - 12:10 PM.

#77 mini7boy

mini7boy

Speeding Along Now

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Local Club: moasf

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:12 PM

so what he spelt dignified with a capital D..its to show emphasis.
it is beyond me how you could see that as a spelling mistake

the OP just asked for opinions on how to get more power for his 1098..yet as usual arguments are started
if you've got an opinion then feel free to give it but don't go and question other peoples opinions and make thinkings into an argument (this is not aimed at anyone in specific but all people who get into arguments)

I wasn't calling him out for a spelling mistake. I was just making light of it along with some other annoyances he saw fit to send me in a PM.

Why don't you and a few other go back through the replies, using the timestamps, to the OP and see who it was that started this round of slagging.

I was out of town all day and offline until about midnight or 1AM your time and yet the slagging broke out earlier in the day. So it sure as Hull, I mean Hell, wasn't me who started it.

I took the moderators warning to heart, but their were others who didn't.

If I am to be punished for my actions on this thread, then there are at least two others who are more deserving of punishment than myself. Fair is fair.

#78 Nightrain

Nightrain

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:13 PM

No need to worry about me trying to tell you anything, Tony.
You never listen and are so busy misinterpreting and misstating things that no one can tell you anything.

You're still bearing a silly grudge over an incident that occurred what, 10 years ago? And over what, 64 quid?
And so this fact alone justifies the ongoing stream of incoherent insults and misstatements you lob Calver's way.

Why don't you just try getting a life, Tony?

Or is your pitiful little existence so hopelessly boring and devoid of content that you must maintain this old grudge in order to justify getting up each day?
How sad, Tony. How terribly sad. You have my pity.

Ok just one more, just to thank mini7boy for his support, as he obviously understands now.

This is a matter of PRINCIPLE !

If you man enough to give your word, you should be man enough to keep your word.

#79 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:16 PM

This is now getting pitiful, why not just give everyone else a holiday from it and step away from the keyboards for little while?

Edited by shiftyseamus, 26 September 2009 - 12:17 PM.

#80 mini7boy

mini7boy

Speeding Along Now

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Local Club: moasf

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:17 PM

For the love of christ, why don't you lot find somewhere else to *woman of ill repute* about each other?

I'm getting really annoyed now at all this nonsense, its everywhere, if you guys have a beef with each other why not argue via PM rather that clog up the forum with this repetitive rubbish.

Frankly I don't care that Lirge can't spell geography, I don't need a lesson in english in the technical forum and I didn't notice the original poster asking about radiators.

Why don't you lot just grow up and start acting like adults?

Shame on you.

there's some truth to what you say Seamus, but please take note of who started the slagging this time around. I was offline until around midnight your time yesterday, so it sure wasn't me who started it.

and while were at it, I posted the following amidst all of the slagging. This should help the OP a lot.

Can my adversaries claim anything comparable to help the OP?

I posted:

Minispecial,

first let me say that I am sorry that your request for information got sidetracked by another slagfest.

I listed these links on another thread, but since you are interested in how to tune a 1098, you might do
well to read through these articles.

They were written by Graham Russell of Russell Engineering in Australia. He is one of the leading A-series experts in Australia
and his shop has: an engine dyno, chassis dyno, flowbench, cam grinder, balancer.

He grinds his own cams, ports cylinder heads and builds complete engines for road use as well as for front running Mini racecars.

http://www.minimania...?DisplayID=1881

http://www.minimania...?DisplayID=1882

http://www.minimania...on/ArticleV.cfm

take note of his clever valve adjusting method covered starting near the end of the second article.

Edited by mini7boy, 26 September 2009 - 12:25 PM.

#81 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:21 PM

How about a group hug then?

So after 6 pages of text, what exactly was the answer to his question???

(no one is allowed to mention radiators/geography/spelling mistakes or argue!!)

#82 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:14 PM

to be honest, I've never seen such an horrific, shambolic thread as this.

I feel so sorry for the guy who started the thread with the simple question. :dontgetit:

I can't even begin to think how to strip the thread back to a condition where it's useful either. I also can't be bothered to, seeing as I'm not doing moderating on here any more.

You guys, with your 'technical expertise' seem to enjoy the old keyboards a little bit too much. Step back, get some fresh air, drink less coffee perhaps? I will leave this for another mod to deal with, but just thought I'd make a note about how all this willy waving is ruining threads (and forums) like this. It's pathetic IMHO.

#83 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:28 PM

Thanks to those of you who Pm'd me to bring my attention to this thread. (of which there were many)

Too many of other peoples threads are actively being destroyed by these arguments that spill forth every couple of days or so - Warnings have been Issued again and again, yet there never seems to an end to these continuous Interruptions!

If you cannot post on this thread in a way that is nothing more than Constructive to the OP's query, then please navigate somewhere else to continue these Arguments - They bring nothing to the forum.

There is no doubt that you all have a very considerable amount of knowledge and experience in a lot of fields - but these arguments clearly go beyond trying to help the OP at all, and as such, have no place on the forum.

Your Arguments are not welcome here, and you are both on warning levels that are not short of earning you both a Ban. For the sake of yourselves, the OP, and the other users that come to the forum - Stop.

I will strip this thread down later, until then, I'm closing the thread...

#84 998dave

998dave

998cc's Of Dave Goodness

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,566 posts
  • Name: Dave

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:05 AM

A quick word to Mini7boy and Nightrain, (and now liirge too).

I suspended your accounts, and you can clearly see you're both on the limit of being banned.

Arguing isn't going to help this matter, eveyone is getting annoyed by your constant bickering, and it's destroying the forum.

If we see you arguing again we will ban you both!

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users