39 replies to this topic

#31 PhilipGCaldwell

PhilipGCaldwell

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:15 PM

I have been to the paintshop today and they have been "expecting me", they realised after they had sold me the paint that they had provided the wrong lacquer because their supplier (upol) sent them 20:80 lacquer (which needs hardener) instead of 20:85 lacquer (which doesnt need hardener), the problem was they had no means of contacting me afterwards to tell me of the *male chicken* up. So now the upol supplier has agreed to reimburse the cost of the materials to clean it and respray it, however me and the paintshop are paying for it to be cleaned up and resprayed professionally.If they had provided me with the correct lacquer (20:85) then i would of been able to apply it without hardener, however i feel sorry for them because they in turn had been let down by their supplier.

midridge 2, i was quick to shoot the supplier down because I had spent £226 in the shop, this was to provide me with "ALL THE PRODUCTS NECESSARY TO DO A COMPLETE RESPRAY", because they have supplied me with incompatible and incorrect products then this is the reason for my gripe

Let this be a lesson to us all

#32 cookie4343

cookie4343

**Caution: Do Not Feed Alcohol**

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • Local Club: CV1 Mini's

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:35 PM

I have been to the paintshop today and they have been "expecting me", they realised after they had sold me the paint that they had provided the wrong lacquer because their supplier (upol) sent them 20:80 lacquer (which needs hardener) instead of 20:85 lacquer (which doesnt need hardener), the problem was they had no means of contacting me afterwards to tell me of the *male chicken* up. So now the upol supplier has agreed to reimburse the cost of the materials to clean it and respray it, however me and the paintshop are paying for it to be cleaned up and resprayed professionally.If they had provided me with the correct lacquer (20:85) then i would of been able to apply it without hardener, however i feel sorry for them because they in turn had been let down by their supplier.

midridge 2, i was quick to shoot the supplier down because I had spent £226 in the shop, this was to provide me with "ALL THE PRODUCTS NECESSARY TO DO A COMPLETE RESPRAY", because they have supplied me with incompatible and incorrect products then this is the reason for my gripe

Let this be a lesson to us all

Nice one, glad your getting it sorted and the paint supplier agreed it was there mistake. :)

#33 jack_marshall

jack_marshall

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:11 PM

You've been unlucky but its kind of refreshing to know that people can hold their hands up and offer helpful solutions when there has been a *male chicken* up down the line.

#34 camp freddy

camp freddy

Definitely Not Camp Or A Freddy

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,696 posts
  • Local Club: Wreake Mini Wanderers

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:32 PM

pleased for you, but the paint shop should have known what product
they were giving you, whether the supplier supplied wrongly
or not...

#35 minidaves

minidaves

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: mine

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:44 PM

also reading instructions would be of major benifit

dave

#36 PhilipGCaldwell

PhilipGCaldwell

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:35 PM

yes dave, hindsight is a wonderful thing however i feel agrieved as i made it abundantly clear that i had not sprayed lacquer before and they gave me it and said just put it on "as it is", you would tend to trust the experts when you are a novice.I had no reason not to trust them either as all prior advice they had given me was perfect in regards to primer, topcoat etc, its just they had given me the incorrect product to use, it is a fair reflection of their guilt when they offer to strip it and respray it aswell

#37 dave21478

dave21478

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:18 AM

It looks like it will work out well in the end for you, but I still reckon you are/were insane spraying paint without reading the data sheets first, especially as you are a novice to painting.

#38 PhilipGCaldwell

PhilipGCaldwell

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:08 AM

haha, yes, iam insane!I have accepted part of the blame, which is why i iam contributing financially to the respray.the problem was yestaerday that everyone was pointing the finger at each other unil we reached a compromise in the end.I blamed the paintshop, the paintshop blamed the supplier, and the supplier blamed me, the perfect circle!!!haha, im glad its all worked out now though

#39 widerim_pickup

widerim_pickup

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • Local Club: nope

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:46 AM

I've not had any trouble with auto paint before, i had a 5 litre tin of high build delivered and the paint was running out the bottom of the box. Gave them a call and without hesitation sent me another one on next day delivery. At least they have held their hands up and you've got some reimbursment.

#40 PhilipGCaldwell

PhilipGCaldwell

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:44 AM

yes i agree winderim, i was too hasty to shoot autopaint down, hearing their side of the story I can see how they can be absolved of much of the blame, they were as dissapointed with the situation as I was

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users