Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:31 PM

Can I have a ride when it's done? :thumbsup:

If you want to earn your ride you can, you can hold back all these people waiting to give me slap :D

#17 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:35 PM

Can I have a ride when it's done? :P

If you want to earn your ride you can, you can hold back all these people waiting to give me slap :D

Don't worry, I'll distract them and you get going with the grinder quick :thumbsup:

#18 Timtom

Timtom

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:41 PM

this is cool!

Good luck with it dude..

#19 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

Let future you worry about it

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts
  • Local Club: urrrr no

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:16 PM

Posted Image

Are these 12x6 wheels? do they stick out much? I assume your running 8.4" front discs and spacer rear drums.
And that just looks perfect. Don't change anything, apart from the clubby front obviously.

Ben

#20 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,498 posts
  • Local Club: Naaa......

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:43 PM

I think Kam was looking at getting it under a roundnose on 16v. Would look spot on like that >_<

#21 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

• Traders
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:46 PM

Was gonna shoehorn it into a standard roundnose buying custom everything but realistically as much as I want a standard length front the reality is this build is out of my depth so need to get as much help as possible so did ponder an extended front but I'm not too keen on them so clubby front it is :D

Seeing as my first car was a '79 clubby which I learnt to drive in it makes sense (my way of trying to justify ripping the front off >_< )

So clubby front it is, am using an Alspeed subframe

:cry:

#22 The_Mistro

The_Mistro

Farmer Barley Mow

• Members
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:46 PM

that rio is stunning! its going to be a monster when its done! hope everything goes to plan!

surley the engine fits under a standard length front tho? didnt think they used extended front ends on the likes of z cars ect

thats because zcars have their engine in the back maybe!!!???

#23 Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,889 posts
  • Local Club: LCMOC

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:59 PM

great work cant wait to see the lil beastie sorted what are u doing with the old engine perchance i might but some of the bits off ya >_<

#24 mdickson

mdickson

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:18 PM

Hey Kam,

Sounds good, I hope you get things done in time. If you are needing to get genuine Honda spares pm me as I may be fit to assist with some discount.
Keep us all posted and I'm with JuJu keep it a standard roundnose if you can. But at the end of the day it is your car and your project so do what is right for you.

Will you have it ready for Coombe next year?

Good Luck

Martin.

#25 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:18 PM

Are these 12x6 wheels? do they stick out much? I assume your running 8.4" front discs and spacer rear drums

Hey Ben,

As HARBER07 said above I'm trying to get it all in a standard roundnose now, its near the bottom of page 1 when I changed my mind. Those wheels are 12x6 with a 7 offset and yes they do stick out, quite a bit actually. Standard front discs and rear drums. Its definately a MOT failure as I've got 1.5 neg camber on the front so the fronts dont look to bad and are pretty much borderline with the standard rover plastic arch - just. But the rears are standard brackets so no camber and they stick out with the tread showing, again with some camber it'll look better but at the moment there tread visible.

If you are needing to get genuine Honda spares pm me as I may be fit to assist with some discount. Keep us all posted and I'm with JuJu keep it a standard roundnose if you can. But at the end of the day it is your car and your project so do what is right for you.

Will you have it ready for Coombe next year?

Cheers Martin! :xmas:

I do need some honda bits so let me make up a little list and I'll send it your way. I would've done clubby front but as I'm keeping the interior standard I thought I might aswell keep the exterior looking standard apart from some alloys? Hopefully it'll look exactly like you saw it at combe - but just go a little quicker :kiss:

Plan is to get it ready for another Le mans trip in june, thats my deadline now, all I need now to kickstart this is a heater as its a bit cold to work in there and I can't work in wooly gloves :D

Besides Im still finishing assassins creed 2 :D

#26 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

• Traders
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:18 AM

Are these 12x6 wheels? do they stick out much? I assume your running 8.4" front discs and spacer rear drums

Hey Ben,

As HARBER07 said above I'm trying to get it all in a standard roundnose now, its near the bottom of page 1 when I changed my mind. Those wheels are 12x6 with a 7 offset and yes they do stick out, quite a bit actually. Standard front discs and rear drums. Its definately a MOT failure as I've got 1.5 neg camber on the front so the fronts dont look to bad and are pretty much borderline with the standard rover plastic arch - just. But the rears are standard brackets so no camber and they stick out with the tread showing, again with some camber it'll look better but at the moment there tread visible.

Ah cool, I fitted the same wheelsto mine, but I think im going back to the standard arches if I can get hold of a cheap set somewhere. Can I be cheaky and ask for a shot from above the wheel arches. Just to gauge, how illegal it's going to be.

Ben

Edited by mini_mad69, 07 December 2009 - 01:18 AM.

#27 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:55 PM

Ok, little bit of update.......I've almost completed assassins creeds 2 :lol:

As for the mini, well I got the engine out, only took me 5 hours, was quite impressed with myself :proud:

Posted Image

Next job is getting the subby off, but that can wait till AC2 is fully completed and I dont start on CODMW2 :-

Edited by Kam, 06 December 2010 - 06:33 PM.

#28 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:55 PM

Can I be cheaky and ask for a shot from above the wheel arches. Just to gauge, how illegal it's going to be

Sorry Ben

I dont think I've got any pictures of the 12x6 from above, I know I had some from the old 12x5 from above but none on the 6. I've got the engine out on mine so picture now wont help. I've had these on since august and been to germany and back twice in them and had no probs from our or there police? Lucky? Maybe?

Dont know what arches you are currently using but if they are a bit overkill then what about spacers?

#29 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:05 PM

Bagsy a pax lap next year! :-

#30 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:15 PM

Bagsy a pax lap next year! :lol:

No probs matey and right back at ya! You aint updated yours for a while??? Still going strong?

by the way loving the bonnet! :proud: At least it'll never hit the windscreen :-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)