#31 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:42 PM

Hi Aria,

Thanks, but my snake pit is different. Definitely, the accumulator is in the way. Everything else needs further study.

Ivan

Attached Files

#32 Aria Aradhea

Aria Aradhea

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Local Club: Jakarta Morris Club

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:42 PM

I see...

You've got the later type Aircon setup, then... :)

#33 Slinky1313

Slinky1313

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Local Club: Sutton Mini Club

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:06 PM

thats awsome guys thanks for all the help. i think im gonna look into the minitastic ones. doesn anyone know if they have to fit them or can i just order then and do it myself, its abit of a trek from birmingham.

#34 chominsh

chominsh

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Local Club: no

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:33 PM

thats awsome guys thanks for all the help. i think im gonna look into the minitastic ones. doesn anyone know if they have to fit them or can i just order then and do it myself, its abit of a trek from birmingham.

hi so did you fit them?

any feedbacks???

quit confusing thing, but now i have the same problem i need to change all set, so or i go for around 180 pound for rubber cones or just put extra 70 pounds and i get springs, ....

#35 BoboGib

BoboGib

RoboGimp

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:32 PM

I've got the Minispares Springs fitted, (yes they are the Mini MAnia ones) They are fantastic, don't dislodge too often. Only happened once in a year and it only happened when I hit a chuffing big pot hole. Mine is lowered though. Just have to be careful when jacking the car up.

#36 chominsh

chominsh

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:29 PM

I've got the Minispares Springs fitted, (yes they are the Mini MAnia ones) They are fantastic, don't dislodge too often. Only happened once in a year and it only happened when I hit a chuffing big pot hole. Mine is lowered though. Just have to be careful when jacking the car up.

do you have race(red), soft(blue) or competition ones(green)?

did you bought in mini spares or through mini mania?

#37 BoboGib

BoboGib

RoboGimp

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:51 PM

I have the red race springs fitted with spax dampers. I got them through Mini Spares. When I opened the mini spares box the springs where inside a Mini Mania box.

#38 chominsh

chominsh

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:12 PM

I just order fast road ones from mini tastics!
http://www.minitastic.co.uk/home1.htm

i will give all posible info about them later on! :)

maybe will help to someone to make decision :)

#39 BoboGib

BoboGib

RoboGimp

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:23 PM

Thats what I wanted but when I came to buy mine, minitastic where moving units so coudln't get hold of them.

#40 chominsh

chominsh

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:30 PM

I just order fast road ones from mini tastics!
http://www.minitastic.co.uk/home1.htm

i will give all posible info about them later on! :(

maybe will help to someone to make decision :(

they just arrived, it is amazing next day delivery!

they looks very good, can't wait to install them :(

so far so good! :(

#41 grnichols

grnichols

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Local Club: Lincolnshire Imps

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:18 PM

I’d heard good things about the coil spring conversion, and had read a great deal about how this would improve both the ride and handling of my Mini, but I still remained unconvinced. The rubber springs were designed for the car, and would therefore take some beating in my opinion. As one of the rear springs on my 2000 Mpi then had the cheek to collapse, my hand was forced. Do I replace the spring, or go the whole hog and look at the conversions? After I had investigated my options, I went for the spring conversion offered by Minitastic. Costing £246, it wasn’t the cheapest option on the market, but the design is excellent and included height adjustable cones and springs. After a very helpful phone call, the purchase was made (including some Gaz dampers!) and the whole lot arrived very quickly, and well packaged.

Minitastic offer three different varieties of spring - Town, Fast Road and Race. I opted for the ‘Fast Road’ version, as I wanted some level of comfort and support. The description of the Town spring as ‘like the ride of an early 80’s French car’ put me right off those. I hate early 80’s French cars. The Race Spring seemed a little too short tapered for my driving style, so I went for Fast Road.

So now all that remained was to fit it to my car….

Having dealt with Mini suspension components before, I was fairly confident to have a go myself and fit the lot. This proved to be a relatively easy task - once I’d removed the original Rover items which were seized in place! The springs fit easily in place, and have a poly spacer for the rears. The adjustable trumpets are also easily fitted in place, and fit well to the knuckle joints. The whole lot has a very solid feel about it - the feel of a quality product. No problems to report during the fitting, other than watch out when setting the ride height on the adjusters. I set them far too low to start off with, although they are very easily adjusted on the car.

So what are they like?

I was honestly amazed by the difference. True, my rubber springs were original to the car, and being 10 years old they weren’t in the best of conditions. The springs are so much more comfortable and responsive. Much of the harshness is taken out of the ride - no more jarring over bumps and potholes. There is very little body roll either, and cornering is superb! I must say that I am now officially a coil spring convert, and would definitely recommend the Minitastic conversion!

#42 Slinky1313

Slinky1313

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Local Club: Sutton Mini Club

Posted 23 January 2010 - 10:22 AM

thats the same option im opting for, ive decided to go for the fast road and go ahead and get the GAZ shocks they provide, 246 for everything (excluding knuckles, but i figure ill just pick some of my own up), but the gaz dampers are another 140, so the total is gonna be 386..........yeah.. but from everything ive heared about them they are the best without doubt, and ive been saving my penny's so hopefully well see how it goes, only hitch being ive never changed anything on the suspension before so i suspect ill see you all at different points on problems and help lol. But hopefully ill be able to give a novices perspective on the fitting of them, see how it goes.

#43 grnichols

grnichols

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Local Club: Lincolnshire Imps

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:37 AM

Well worth the extra pennies!

The rears are definitely easier than the fronts - do those first. Knuckles can be picked up cheaply enough, but can be difficult to seat if you haven't done them before. The nylon cups have to be seated correctly, and getting the old ones out can be interesting :lol: long nosed pliers and patience needed!!

As it will tell you in the excellent instructions, you will need to 'modify' the bodywork to allow fitting of the Gaz dampers. This involves taking a mallet and enlarging the body moulding inside the arch where the dampers fit. Simple enough job.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

#44 chominsh

chominsh

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:16 PM

i took out my nylon cup in 15 minutes both sides :shifty:

the best way how to take them out is to worm them, BUT you MUST be very careful because from the left side there is petrol pipe not far away and from both sides you can burn brake fluid pipes. it is on your own responsibility.

#45 Liam Mini 35

Liam Mini 35

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Local Club: sheffield mini club

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:23 PM

i askd the same question the other week to mini world. they replied to me and said that they had fitted them to one of their cars and that they were working ok atm. howeber there have been many reports of springs flying out of position. i asked the lads about them in my mini club (sheffield mini club) and they said they would stay away from them and just invest in some good dampers. however i have to say i am still tempted. may change he dampers and see how that helps. you can always change to springs later as cones dont rly cost alot these days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users