• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#16 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,620 posts
  • Local Club: Antisocial club (members = 1)

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:57 PM

People are entitled to their own opinions and are entitled to express them too.

Just because a different opinion may offend an audience is no reason to keep quiet (fortunately or unfortunately however you see it).

It's not a sensitive place for a demonstration, but that's the idea, isn't it? Expressing opinion that gives maximum impact.

If it's not violent, they are entitled to do it.

If it is quashed by those who are offended by it, then freedom of speech does not exist.

#17 THE STIG

THE STIG

Da stig says, GO GO GO

• Members
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:01 PM

but it has to work both ways when they where spouting their racsit rants in london people where stopped from protesting against it

#18 The_Mistro

The_Mistro

Farmer Barley Mow

• Members
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:01 PM

iv just joined the group! and im going to invite all my friends! i hope they get mobbed if the march happens, all the serving serviceman, those that have tragically lost their lives, and all those who were called for service during the world wars do not deserve this, all you guys deserve to be treated as the heros that you are, and those that have lost their lives should have their memories treasured forever, and not tainted by selfish acts like this!

#19 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:05 PM

Like I said there's a time and a place for freedom of speech and this isn't one of them.

I'm no racist, but what would people think if I stood in the middle of say Cardiff and started spouting racist abuse at all the Muslims. I'd probably get locked up or something.

I agree it's only a small minority, just like the fact not all Irish people supported the IRA etc etc.

Nor did all us Taffies support those idiots who used to burn English cottages in North Wales. No most of us (okay I'm from the South) were appalled and quite embarrassed).

I don't know, why can't we all just get on in the world eh?

sTF_wJW7N4g

Much better than hate, hate, hate.

#20 SamTheMan

SamTheMan

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:00 PM

Just because a different opinion may offend an audience is no reason to keep quiet (fortunately or unfortunately however you see it).

It's not a sensitive place for a demonstration, but that's the idea, isn't it? Expressing opinion that gives maximum impact.

If it is quashed by those who are offended by it, then freedom of speech does not exist.

thank you. this is what i was trying to say but a lot better worded.

#21 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • 9,896 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:04 PM

Very inappropriate and just the kind of views which now make me ashamed to say I'm British and given the choice I'd happily go and live elsewhere altogether. But I just don't know where and a different planet would be very nice.

:D

Edited by taffy1967, 06 January 2010 - 07:06 PM.

#22 The_Mistro

The_Mistro

Farmer Barley Mow

• Members
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:04 PM

freedom of speech doesnt exist! thats why racism is illegal (not that i condone it)! i hope they all get mobbed!

#23 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • 9,896 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:07 PM

freedom of speech doesnt exist! thats why racism is illegal (not that i condone it)! i hope they all get mobbed!

Thank God and the voice of reason at last.

#24 The_Mistro

The_Mistro

Farmer Barley Mow

• Members
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:08 PM

Thank God and the voice of reason at last.

must be the south wales affect lol

#25 SamTheMan

SamTheMan

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

Just the kind of views which now make me ashamed to say I'm British and given the choice I'd happily go and live elsewhere altogether. But I just don't know where and a different planet would be very nice.

Your ashamed to be British because there are people who believe that everyone should have the right to their own oppinion? If nobody was allowed to have their own opinion then you would not have your oppinion and shame. Also this forum would be redundant because nobody would have the freedom to say that they love their Minis.

#26 The_Mistro

The_Mistro

Farmer Barley Mow

• Members
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:16 PM

talking about minis and talking about extremest Muslims parading around a town where our fallen heroes pass through on one of their final journeys is very different! it is not just shocking to gain maximum impact, its disrespectful and disgusting, how would you feel if your brother or farther or son had lost their lives in the war and then you heard this was happening?!

Edited by The_Mistro, 06 January 2010 - 07:17 PM.

#27 jinjrich

jinjrich

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Local Club: YMMOC

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:19 PM

Total Rubbish. Its all about showing respect. Its because of these soldiers these idiots are free to claim benefits.

#28 BoboGib

BoboGib

RoboGimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:21 PM

The thing is, They have a point. thousands of Muslims have been killed. What hey seem to be forgetting is that the huge majority of them are killed by terrorist suicide attacks. So Muslim killing Muslim. While the march may be in good intentions I belive that they should aim it at parliment in London, and not desecrate the memory of the fallen,

#29 Pauly

Pauly

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,213 posts
  • Local Club: Just 4 Fun Minis!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:22 PM

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

That went out the window when they decided to blow our people up. Makes me boil when these terrorists get arrested and they start crying out for human rights, these animals dont deserve any!!

If they live here then they live by our rules! They are only British when they want to claim beneifits.

Im sorry but if you want to do a demostration, then do it in your own country, it wont happen, if it does then they have just gave the go ahead to an all out cival war, because people wont stand for it, and the rioters will have something to riot about. Try and do that in the middle of Alabama USA they would be shot down and put in the boxes they are carring in 2 minutes.

Im not on facebook but its get my backing 110%, hopefully it will show our bunch of dreamers we have to call a goverment that we have had enough of their games and how they are running the country and we are starting to stand against them.

Edited by Pauly, 06 January 2010 - 07:24 PM.

#30 BoboGib

BoboGib

RoboGimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:24 PM

Total Rubbish. Its all about showing respect. Its because of these soldiers these idiots are free to claim benefits.

I'm sorry but Juju's comment are not Total Rubbish. She speaks sense, however I do belive the place is sensitive. Being in the RAF and seing all the repat flights coming is I feel Wootton Bassett should be left alone and a peaceful march made in london, for parliments benefit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users