#6946 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,490 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:17 AM

Buy an engine tilter, mount it to the head stud at the timing case breather and the coil stud

#6947 Mini Waco

Mini Waco

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:29 AM

Buy an engine tilter, mount it to the head stud at the timing case breather and the coil stud

Thanks mate, I will have to figure out which exact studs these are. Noobie here

#6948 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:22 PM

I don't know if you've got a Haynes Manual but well worth buying it even if its just so you can learn what we're talking about when we speak the Queens English, you'll also be able to understand the correct use of English engine terminology.  Anything to help the colonials out.  :proud:

Edited by Northernpower, 24 August 2017 - 05:25 PM.

#6949 panky

panky

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:14 PM

This happened

XIB84Xu.jpg

One collapsed new rubber spring >_<

Contacted Mini Spares who immediately dispatched a replacement, could have done without it but can't fault their customer service. Wont take me long - I'm well practiced as changing them now :shy:

#6950 govig

govig

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:02 PM

20170823_1220141_zpsnt1cpb7h.jpg

#6951 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 9,490 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:47 PM

The manifold stud nearest the radiator fan and the coil mounting stud which is the long one at the front corner of the head ( above the starter

#6952 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 9,490 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:49 PM

I don't know if you've got a Haynes Manual but well worth buying it even if its just so you can learn what we're talking about when we speak the Queens English, you'll also be able to understand the correct use of English engine terminology.  Anything to help the colonials out.  :proud:

I agree, however I personally don't mind answering a fellow members questions if I know the answers

#6953 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:14 PM

I agree, however I personally don't mind answering a fellow members questions if I know the answers

I don't mind helping out as well. It was typed in a light hearted way but obviously this never came across.  :cry:

#6954 Mini Waco

Mini Waco

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:30 PM

[/quote]
I don't mind helping out as well. It was typed in a light hearted way but obviously this never came across.  :cry:[/quote]

I found your comment quite accepatable... funny and light hearted. Made me smile. Im the noobie not only trying to learn my way around a mini and engine, but trying to learn the British terminology. You guys are a fun lot

Edited by Mini Waco, 25 August 2017 - 01:31 PM.

#6955 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:48 PM

[/quote]
I don't mind helping out as well. It was typed in a light hearted way but obviously this never came across.  :cry:[/quote]

I found your comment quite accepatable... funny and light hearted. Made me smile. Im the noobie not only trying to learn my way around a mini and engine, but trying to learn the British terminology. You guys are a fun lot

I'm glad you did, my brother and family live south of you in Houston, he's also trying to educate Americans about English humour, correct English spelling and use of grammar . Who knows, next time I'm over we may try and drive up to see you.

#6956 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.O.C

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:54 PM

How can you say anything about the 'Queens English...', you're a Yorkshireman.... Nowt better than a Lancy accent to confuse plenty, even the folks round here can't understand much that I say.... Might be because most of them are imported, I don't speak good English I was told by a Polish gentleman once LOL

#6957 panky

panky

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:07 PM

Ayup cocker howz yer belly fer spots, said in a scouse accent - yep I'm an import :shy:

Stripped the drivers side suspension to get the dodgy doughnut out, looks OK but it's obviously goosed. Waiting on the replacement from Mini Spares now.

#6958 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 9,490 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:09 PM

I don't mind helping out as well. It was typed in a light hearted way but obviously this never came across.  :cry:

Oops!! My apologies!

#6959 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:10 PM

How can you say anything about the 'Queens English...', you're a Yorkshireman.... Nowt better than a Lancy accent to confuse plenty, even the folks round here can't understand much that I say.... Might be because most of them are imported, I don't speak good English I was told by a Polish gentleman once LOL

Tell me about it, my partners from the troubled side of the Pennines, I've given up trying to improve her.

#6960 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts
  • Local Club: Loan wolf

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:46 PM

You think you have it bad. Say kipper tie in a clothes shop here and they'll fetch you a cup of tea.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users