9469 replies to this topic

#7516 Wiggy

Wiggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:57 PM

Changed a rear wheel cylinder. Old one was seized.

Those little clips are buggers, aren't they!

New steering gaiters coming tomorrow with any luck!

#7517 Readers14

Readers14

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:33 PM

More painting & then some greasing of knuckle joints tonight!

#7518 Kombi

Kombi

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 02:28 AM

Adjusted the buhjeezus out of the front suspension to minimise rubbing (to negligable effect), then ran out of gas.

qs43WLk.jpg

Yay for no working gas gauge!

#7519 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,489 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:47 AM

Adjusted the buhjeezus out of the front suspension to minimise rubbing (to negligable effect), then ran out of gas.

qs43WLk.jpg

Yay for no working gas gauge!

Raise the ride height a few mm

#7520 Wiggy

Wiggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 03:42 PM

Got an MOT!!!!!!!!!!! Last one ran out in March 2008!

A clean pass. I'm chuffed to bits!

#7521 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.O.C

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:12 PM

Took mine for some front tyres, had the choice between Nankang or Yokohama.... I went for the Nankamgs, £80 difference in price so was a no brainer for me. Already got Yoko A539's on the front, so had them swapped to the back (rear tyres was Bridgestones and 16 years old....!!!) replaced the Bridgstones with the Nankamgd and the new tyres are on the front.... Also wanted the new tyres tracked in... looked underneath and need TRE, steering gaiter and balljoint on O/S so gonna get them sorted first then take it back to be tracked. Also ordered a set of EBC Ultimax pads from W&P on t'Ebay as the Mintexx 1144 I have on the front at the moment are a tad errrrrrrm low shall I say....

#7522 Woolfie 640

Woolfie 640

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Moke club

Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:09 PM

After a 1000 mile round trip Ayrshire to Norfolk had to do the last 90 mile on the big yellow truck of shame. Running on 3cylinders the wee moke had burned an exhaust valve on No 3 cylinder.Spent the day removing the head cleaned everything up and started to grind in the remaining valves. One on order so waiting on the postman now.

#7523 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:48 AM

Took mine for some front tyres, had the choice between Nankang or Yokohama.... I went for the Nankamgs, £80 difference in price so was a no brainer for me. Already got Yoko A539's on the front, so had them swapped to the back (rear tyres was Bridgestones and 16 years old....!!!) replaced the Bridgstones with the Nankamgd and the new tyres are on the front.... Also wanted the new tyres tracked in... looked underneath and need TRE, steering gaiter and balljoint on O/S so gonna get them sorted first then take it back to be tracked. Also ordered a set of EBC Ultimax pads from W&P on t'Ebay as the Mintexx 1144 I have on the front at the moment are a tad errrrrrrm low shall I say....

I'd be wary of the blackstuff ultimax ones for anything other than granny driving, I had no brakes within about 5 mins of hard driving, run standard mintex  & m1144's in mine now. 

#7524 minitravellerman

minitravellerman

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Local Club: Minis In Northern Ireland

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:49 AM

Fitted twin Rover towing eyes to the Traveller, refurbished the Cooper S spare wheel, started refurbishing standard steels for the rally Mini, replaced head on rally Mini, boxed up another engine I have under bench ready for a rebuild sometime in the future. Not a bad evening's work.

#7525 Kombi

Kombi

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:13 PM

Raise the ride height a few mm

That will likely be necessary, I also think the Caster angle is biased too far forward as well.

I'll be seeking professional help to set this up correctly, for now this was good enough to go for a short ride. :-)

#7526 Hamstein

Hamstein

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 05:03 PM

Made jig for rear subframe mount locations, drilled out more spot welds, cut out most of the drivers side floor, got sunburned again, ouch! >_<

#7527 Verderad

Verderad

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:43 PM

Mostly drilling out spot welds on boot floor subframe stiffners. Couldn’t seem to find them, so drilled lots of holes, not much of the plates left by the time I finished. Going to take a long time to drill out all the welds to change the floor.

#7528 Readers14

Readers14

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:30 AM

Yesterday received new shock nyloc nuts & washers from Minispares.
So finally fitted the offside rear Protech shock! And then tackled the nearside shock. Fuel tank loosened & pulled to one side, cleaned the nearside inner wheel arch & removed the shock. Far easier than the offside!

Today’s job is to clean & paint the nearside drum & radius arm.

Edited by Readers14, 08 July 2018 - 08:30 AM.

#7529 Stevie W

Stevie W

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • Local Club: P&SMOC

Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:40 PM

Pretty boring really, but fitted new float bowl-to-jet fuel pipe seals and nuts....found my left-hand SU Carb one leaking the other day!!!
Also fitted new polished stainless heat shields whilst the carbs were off and replaced my choke cable which gave up locking a while ago! Also adjusted valve clearances then went for a nice drive to check all was ok.

Cheers, Steve.

#7530 Chris.Williams

Chris.Williams

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 06:49 PM

Pretty boring really, but fitted new float bowl-to-jet fuel pipe seals and nuts....found my left-hand SU Carb one leaking the other day!!!
Also fitted new polished stainless heat shields whilst the carbs were off and replaced my choke cable which gave up locking a while ago! Also adjusted valve clearances then went for a nice drive to check all was ok.

Cheers, Steve.

Sounds like a productive day to me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users