#9512 IronmanG

IronmanG

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • Local Club: Box hill. Lsmoc member

Posted 27 May 2024 - 03:54 PM

Tightened the fan belt which suddenly started squealing last weekend. And got the horn working- bad earth.

#9513 Lplus

Lplus

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 03:31 PM

Fitted cooper s discs and calipers to my clubman estate.  Discovered 12" mini alloys don't fit cooper S flanges.  Luckily i kept a pair of 5mm spacers so at least got the wheels on until the new 10 " alloys turn up.  I hope they fit, they are supposedly correct for cooper S.

Also blew up the brake fluid tank using too much pressure on an eezibleed.  Ah well, I was thinking of changing to a yellow band master anyway...

#9514 Davidmt

Davidmt

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 04:36 PM

Unlike Lplus above I took my Clubman out for the first time this year and found that it does not really have any brakes - the pedal is fine (could probably do with another bleed) but there is just very little stopping power and I have just fitted a yellow band master.  I have not inspected the brakes or pads as been concentrating on engine and interior but will now have a good luck and replace/upgrade as necessary.

Edited by Davidmt, 29 May 2024 - 04:36 PM.

#9515 Lplus

Lplus

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 04:51 PM

Unlike Lplus above I took my Clubman out for the first time this year and found that it does not really have any brakes - the pedal is fine (could probably do with another bleed) but there is just very little stopping power and I have just fitted a yellow band master.  I have not inspected the brakes or pads as been concentrating on engine and interior but will now have a good luck and replace/upgrade as necessary.

I did manage to go round the block once and the servo I fitted to the front lines meant I did have enough brakes at least.  At least that part worked.  Do you have S brakes?

#9516 lippo

lippo

On The Road

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 05:51 PM

Just found this page. I changed from a K&N cone filter back to a Metro air filter housing. Had to change the servo pipe union from the manifold as it was too tall. Also put some heat shield stuff by the Y piece but I've found it doesn't stick very well to Lanoguard. It's not much, but chipping away every week or so.

IMG-0197-2.jpg

IMG-0338-2.jpg

IMG-0340.jpg

Edited by lippo, 29 May 2024 - 05:53 PM.

#9517 Designer

Designer

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 29 May 2024 - 06:15 PM

Took the Moop for her MOT YEE HAA she passed.

BUT

Apparently when she was up on the lift with engine running while the engineer checked the exhaust she just stopped. Would not start.

Left her for a few minutes and she fired up no problem.

On the way home she kept stalling. Start her up she would run for about 1/4 mile then die down again.

Very odd. Head scratching time me thinks.

Paddy

#9518 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 07:16 PM

Mine did that once found the petrol was intermittent due to a filter blocked. When it stops whip the float chamber lid off and see if it’s full of petrol.

#9519 Designer

Designer

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 30 May 2024 - 05:57 AM

Unless there is a filter hidden somewhere between the tank and the mechanical fuel pump I haven't got one.

I don't think the only one previous owner in her 70's/80's would have had one fitted.

#9520 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 30 May 2024 - 07:18 AM

Unless there is a filter hidden somewhere between the tank and the mechanical fuel pump I haven't got one.
I don't think the only one previous owner in her 70's/80's would have had one fitted.

I don’t know the age of your car mine is 75 and there is a filter in the tank on the feed pipe which was blocked and loose when engine was off it dropped halfway off the pipe, when the engine started it allowed a small amount of petrol to flow and go 200 yards then sucked the filter up and blocked the flow so when all else fails whip the lid off and see if it has petrol in.

Attached Files

#9521 Designer

Designer

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 30 May 2024 - 09:11 AM

Thank you Chris the Moop is 1988. I will double check if that filter is there.

#9522 Quinlan minor

Quinlan minor

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 05:13 PM

Finally solved a mystery that's been puzzling me for quite a while!

The MPi's been using a very small amount of water and leaving a small stain on the garage floor.

Today, I finally caught the source: The gasket, under the thermostat adapter plate, is weeping very slightly, but only while the system is pressurised. (See Photo?) It may be from the one above coming down the stud.

New gaskets ordered.

53760235983_1aaeb853de_c_d.jpg

Edited by Quinlan minor, 31 May 2024 - 05:14 PM.

#9523 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 31 May 2024 - 09:09 PM

Finally solved a mystery that's been puzzling me for quite a while!
The MPi's been using a very small amount of water and leaving a small stain on the garage floor.
Today, I finally caught the source: The gasket, under the thermostat adapter plate, is weeping very slightly, but only while the system is pressurised. (See Photo?) It may be from the one above coming down the stud.
New gaskets ordered.

53760235983_1aaeb853de_c_d.jpg

Id recommend changing from bolts to studs, and copper greasing the studs, clampdown better with less stress on the thread on the head.

#9524 Lplus

Lplus

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 01 June 2024 - 03:20 PM

Fitted a yellow band master cyclinder to the clubman estate to replace the old type one I blew up.  The job went a lot easier than I expected - what's the odds it's a duff one...

#9525 lippo

lippo

On The Road

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 June 2024 - 08:01 PM

Just started getting some proper soundproofing in the Clubby Estate. 

IMG-0379.jpg

IMG-0377.jpg

IMG-0376.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users