I should hopefully have mine done by then if you want a race :thumbsup:

#122 Racer_Pete

Racer_Pete

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:48 PM

yeah will deffo be at MITP, well its good and bad.... the mini is all done, its looks great imo, havent got any pics but will get some soon/tomorrow.

well the bad news is.. going down the alley for test drive with trade plates on sunday , put your foot down and burgh! totally flat, so no test drive :D, so left it for today to look at, seems to be a breather that ive blocked off doh!

tried to start it this afternoon and dosent want to know! checked to see if it has a spark and now dosent, but was fine yesterday, started everytime perfectly!! seems to be the module on the electronic igniton as theres power going to it from the coil but nothing coming out of it when ignition on/cracking over. so hopefully getting one tomorrow and ill be driving it tomorrow evening.

#123 mini13

mini13

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,805 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:59 PM

Ah,

yes those modules can go iffy, I've had them that give trouble if the get warm,

#124 Racer_Pete

Racer_Pete

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:37 PM

Well its now finished! well sort-of, well it wasent the breather that was the problem way it was so flat, it turned out that it just needed a little bit more advance and the mixture a bit richer, we though the timing wasa spot on as the previous owner had marked the dizzy and block and we thought that was when it was set up previously on the dyno, turned out to be it was only 2* btdc!!! so changed it to 7* which is standard for metro turbo and was alot better but still not great so its now 13* without the vac on, and it runs great now, not pinking atall so leaving it at that for now.

drove it round the block today and its great to be behind the wheel again after so long in a mini! so much fun, ive turned the bleed valve right down so only 4psi at the moment but still goes rather well :D, better than the 1293. needs the electric fan fitted as it was starting to overheat. heres a few pics of it finished-

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#125 george91

george91

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:50 PM

Looks awesome, good to hear you got every thing resolved.

#126 Racer_Pete

Racer_Pete

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:22 AM

Thanks george, done about 10miles in it yesterday driving about, loads of looks lol. think im going to take the thermostat out of it for now as it was getting a bit to hot! when parking it back into the garage i saw a huge puddle under neath!! oh no, but luckily it was just a split bottom hose where it goes onto the waterpump so might just cut it a bit shorter and put it back on or buy another one if that dont work. thinking of getting these for the mini http://www.midlandwh...Anthracite.html hmmmmmmmmm

#127 Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,889 posts
  • Local Club: LCMOC

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:08 AM

Nice very nice indeeed :)

#128 Racer_Pete

Racer_Pete

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:13 PM

Fitted the electric fan today, just been out and about in it, done another 30miles in it, the electric fan really helps keeping it cool now. although when driving it i noticed that the boost guage wasent showing vaccum, had a look under the bonnet and saw that the plastic pipe had been sitting on the exhaust manifold , opps! and also the speedo stopped working aswell, but apart from that all good even in the pouring rain! ^_^

#129 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:24 PM

So whens it time to wind up the boost?

#130 Racer_Pete

Racer_Pete

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:22 PM

well ive done 70miles now, so i think once ive done about 250 then change the oil and filter then maybe take it to 10/12psi and see how it goes. but ill probley run 1bar at MITP, im looking for low 14's, i think i might go to the weighing scales at the scrappy in a couple weeks and see how much the mini weighs. even at 7psi it goes extremly well. makes me think of these minis running 200bhp+ what they must be like to drive :) . even with the boost at that level it torque steers a little when coming on boost violently but its brilliant fun though.

#131 Nick '91

Nick '91

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:06 AM

Looks awesome, liking the stance and loving the boost.

Definately one of my favourite minis on the forum.

#132 Jayme 1275

Jayme 1275

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:26 PM

epic gota be one of the best on the site :)

#133 1977 Loud_Mini

1977 Loud_Mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:46 PM

Looks fantastic especially with the new roof and arch colour. Also looks great with those A032's up front.

Evan.

Edited by 1977 Loud_Mini, 29 July 2011 - 08:47 PM.

#134 Racer_Pete

Racer_Pete

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:39 PM

cheers, might try and get a vid of it blasting down a little 'private road' in a bit, ;). 10psi is quicker than i thought lol. think i need an uprated actuator as i cant seem to rise the boost any more than 10psi ;).

#135 Racer_Pete

Racer_Pete

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:34 PM

Well i didnt manage to get a video of the mini as my mate was out so couldent really record it on my own, theres a bit of a problem though regarding the engine over the past week - it smokes a little espically from idle to say 10mph, but once on the move its fine. but this was the gamble with the engine that me and my dad took, as i couldent afford to get it re-bored and new pistons etc at the time, so gave it a hone and put some new cam bearings & Cord's rings in, but dosent look like its payed off, but thats life. so im just going to keep driving it for now, a little oil never hurt any one eh? but in the mean time ill start building another short block with some nice deep dished omeags and get the comprerssion ratio right down to about 8.1:1 so i can run some real b00st!! dident know it would be that addictive to keep turning the boost up, ive just brought a uprated actuator from avonbar CLICKY so i can run a constant 10psi without having to use the bleed valve, and if i want a bit more i can just turn the bleed valve a fraction to increase the boost, as ive noticed that the bleeder isnt always giving a constant amount of boost it varys from time to time, :huh:. But ive done about 140miles now and starting to give i some beans, ive changed the oil and filter on saturday, with some decent millers miniral and oil pressure has raised a bit to 45 when hot which is always good thing :mrcool:.

one question though if someone could help me with - on my boost guage ive noticed when on idle the vaccum is about -0.6 is that about right? im running a ph2 'type' cam. idle is around 1000rpm

so hopefully ill be at ace cafe on wednesday, as it now has a valid tax disc too!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users