#166 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

Tough choice Paul, gutting if you do have to sell though, its been a clean sweet build so far. Also you say its time and not money...so...it could always sit around and you can peck away at it bit by bit?

Just imagine driving this around when the warmer weather comes along - tempting!

#167 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Hi all finally knuckled down and got the car stripped out completely again over Christmas and its gone in to be painted . I decided to change the colour completely now it's going to be Porsche riviera blue . With a black roll cage and I've also managed to pick up some reactor sport seats same as a integra r , which il get trimmed in black leather and Alcatara . Going to powder coat everything I can now and make it a bit of a show and shine motor . Just need to get the new engine in my vw t4 day bus wich has been taking up some time then the mini will be main priority . And the best bit is the mrs has agreed to let me have more time in the workshop (bonus )

#168 johny:)

johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

That's great news I can't wate to see an update on this car it can be a show car easy if you keep up the good work

#169 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

Winnner!!! Best of luck bud, i'll keep an eye open for an update

Kieran

Edited by KieranB, 06 January 2013 - 03:10 PM.

#170 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Good stuff!!!! Pics as soon a it gets back from the spray shop please!!

#171 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

Glad your back on it Paul :mrcool: just think of all the two days worth of sunshine we're gonna get this year you can drive it in! Don't want to miss out do you?

#172 Adzz1992

Adzz1992

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Just spent god knows how long reading through this build amazing build mate, cant wait til i have the money to build one.

#173 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Ill be doing the same thing but to a mk1 metro soon, picking up a complete donor civic!

This build will help me no end! Keep up the good work!

#174 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Just thought I'd post a picture of what's holding up the mini progress , my 170 bhp vw t4 day van Attached File  image.jpg   55.86K   7 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   72.73K   2 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   35.27K   4 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   71.11K   14 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   61.25K   18 downloads

#175 johny:)

johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

That's a big old beast wots the plans for it make it into a campervan ? Looks good tho

#176 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

That's a big old beast wots the plans for it make it into a campervan ? Looks good tho

Yeah bit of a beast . Bit rough at the minute , but with a coat of paint new interior and some wheels it'll be good . Just ideal for towing a trailer with the mini on etc and at shows can sleep in it .

#177 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

Love the side by side engine bay shot

You could hide your mini in that monster bay! :lol:

#178 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

Well it's not to much of an update but just found some pictures of the seats that I got for my mini , they are both now about to go get trimmed in napa black leather with blue stitching to match the shell . Their going to be done at trim star in Essex heard some great things about them and their reasonably priced , also going to try and buy a mini sport bogus dash and get trimmed in the same leather and the door cards , then that's most of the interior done and ready to be fitted . Also decided to cut the floor out the boot and make anew 1 up to fit alloy fuel tank recessed in . Wich il get Chris to make and make a pipe to go to the out side to fill up. Hopefuly get to my mates bodyshop before long to seehowthat side of things are going , I no he's busy so could be a while lol . Attached File  image.jpg   51.12K   13 downloads

#179 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

How comes your lowering the boot floor for the tank? Big tank?

#180 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

Hi kam yeah just lowering the bit where the spare wheel is and making it oblong so I can fit a bigger tank in it hoping to put either a 40 or 50 litre tank in just so the car has more range on a tank of fuel ,plus by lowering the floor I'm hoping it leaves a little more space in the boot and it will also mean I can put some stronger suspension turrets in so the coil overs are not the offset ones and I will also be able to put a brace bar between the two struts to stiffen it up a little. Then up front I'm hoping to make up,a anti roll bar link to keep things nice and stable on a track .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)