187 replies to this topic

#151 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

Made a little more progress today , the spark plug leads arived so their fitted , so hopefuly tomorrow evening i should be able to see if the engine will start and run . then if it does ill be a happy chappy . first time ive built an engine on my own so could be fun .

#152 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

Well manged to get it all ready to fire up tomorrow once the battery has charged up . and just orderd a wilwood pedal box fom america for a third of the price of a pedal box over here and it come with all three master cylinders .

#153 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

Well manged to get it all ready to fire up tomorrow once the battery has charged up . and just orderd a wilwood pedal box fom america for a third of the price of a pedal box over here and it come with all three master cylinders .

Ooo sounds good link please?!!!

#154 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:37 AM

Make sure you get a vid of the first start up!

#155 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

You might want to reconsider running those coilovers that way, unless they are monotube. Running dual tube shocks (which I'm 99% sure GAZ are) creates a dead spot in the shock due to the way it's valved. Some shocks it will move around in the stroke, others seem to have it at the end of the stroke. But if it's dual tube and you do this, it'll happen.

Monotube is a more expensive way to build a shock, but they don't care which way is up.

Posted Image

Edited by Monte Busa, 22 March 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#156 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

You might want to reconsider running those coilovers that way, unless they are monotube. Running dual tube shocks (which I'm 99% sure GAZ are) creates a dead spot in the shock due to the way it's valved. Some shocks it will move around in the stroke, others seem to have it at the end of the stroke. But if it's dual tube and you do this, it'll happen.

Monotube is a more expensive way to build a shock, but they don't care which way is up.

Posted Image

Hi yeah I was planing on changing all the suspension around because the mounts are wrong and a few other bits .

#157 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

Well progress hav been realy slow of late but managed to get a few hours more on it today , But now moving house and got a little one due in june makes me think the mini may have to be put aside for a while which is gutting but , il get it going one day .

#158 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

Timing! Its all about the timing when you start something like this! :teehee:

Still, the mini can wait, good luck with the new happenings :thumbsup:

#159 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

Congratulations bud, hope all goes well, will keep my eyes peeled for updates :)

#160 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

Cheers lads I'm sure they'll be updates soon should be able to steal a few hours here and their . After all the new place has a garage so il just sneak in when I get a chance, mite hav to keep it tidier as its not as big as the workshop I currently have .

#161 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

Well Not much progress at the minute things are going backwards if anything droped the engine out for the last time , so i can get the frame all powdercoated and fit all dust boots on the bearings etc . got some metro 4pots aswell wich are being coated aswell and the gear lincages are being done to . orderd my minitech rear beem . and also have a custom fuel rail being made and alloy catch tank built to fit in the corner near where the master cylinders used too be . when the bays empty also going to tidy it all up a bit more because theirs afew bits witch just dont look rite . and try brace up the engine bay a bit more around subframe mounts just to stop anything twisting .

#162 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

Hi all no updates for a while since the little 1 was born don't seem to have any time . So really considering selling the mini if I was to get a good offer .

#163 TypeR_Mini

TypeR_Mini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

Come back to this post for motivation all the time :) congrats on the newborn! just picked up my minitec subframe and am getting started on mine during the winter. all the best!

#164 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

Hi all no updates for a while since the little 1 was born don't seem to have any time . So really considering selling the mini if I was to get a good offer .

Noooo!!!!! Don't do it!!!

#165 babyrich82

babyrich82

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

Hi, loving this build, however, one question, youre coil-overs, are they GAZ standard classic mini ones or have they been modified to take the V-Tec?

Cheers
Rich

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users